GRF version questions

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WWTBAM

GRF version questions

Post by WWTBAM »

Does GRFCodec 6.0.1 still support generating GRF Container version 1 GRFs and possibly the old NFO version before v32? As per a question over in the TTDPatch section about there being no DOS version of the latest TTDPBASE.GRF, I was going to start looking at remedying that issue but remembered TTDPatch won't GRFs built using either GRF v2 or NFO v32 and I can't remember which format upgrade broke TTDPatch. I couldn't find an up to date GRFCodec manual online without downloading the tool.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: GRF version questions

Post by frosch »

GrfCodec has a "-g" parameter to select the container format. It actually defaults to container 1. To encode container 2 you have to explicitly pass "-g 2".

Also you can choose container format and nfo format independently.
* nfo7 -> container 1: fine
* nfo7 -> container 2: fine
* nfo32 -> container 1: fine, it will silently drop sprites for additional zoom levels and color depths
* nfo32 -> container 2: fine
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”