Are 'Manager Faces' moddable at all ?

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MlemandPurrs
Engineer
Engineer

Are 'Manager Faces' moddable at all ?

Post by MlemandPurrs »

I have several questions regarding those 'Manager face's.
1. is it possible to modify the faces to have more tabs than European & African. Like, lets say, an new 3. Latinamerican, an 4. Fareast Asian, 5. Arab etc.
2. can extra options for already existing faces get added ? such as an 'hat' option for european that gives 0-none,1-flat top hat,2-texas cowboy hat,3-captain hat, an 'mouth extra' option that gives 0-none,1-cuban cigar,2-pipe etc.
3. can the amount of options get extended beyond what they currently are, such as adding an new hair style ?

i hope this is the correct section for ask this.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Are 'Manager Faces' moddable at all ?

Post by FLHerne »

I believe the answer to all three questions is "no".

You can replace the sprites, hence change the appearance of existing options, but not add or modify the options themselves.

Adding hats and pipes to a few hair/mouth sprites would be possible. You could replace some sprites with a different ethnicity, but there's no way to change the associated text.

There's a Manga Faces NewGRF, don't know of any others.

(all the other things you mention could done, but only by patching the game's source code and not by NewGRF).
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Are 'Manager Faces' moddable at all ?

Post by lukasz1985 »

It's possible to redraw the sprites. At least last time I was fiddling with OpenGFX I saw the faces sprites drawn there.

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”