Random and sudden "Unexpected token template" issue

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Random and sudden "Unexpected token template" issue

Post by NekoMaster »

As you'll see in this picture ...

My compiler suddenly decided to reject my template.pnml code and spit out "unexpected token template on line 73"...

This is code I was compiling just fine the other day and today I decided to change some offsets for 6/8 size trains (template_L6A) but now the token line for template_L8A is being rejected when it was just fine the other day...

This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I dunno how to fix it other then redoing the project from the ground up >_>

Any ideas guys? Pretty hard to work on NARS ADD-ON SET when nothing will compile.

EDIT : Just in case someone says that perhaps its due to me working out of my dropbox folder with ~ tilde's in the name. I did try moving the project to the root of my C:\ and D:\ drives and the compiler still complains about that "template" token
Attachments
nml-problem.png
(130.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Random and sudden "Unexpected token template" issue

Post by Alberth »

Check the generated .nml file, find the correct place by searching for something unique near the line with the error, like that comment at line 70.
Given that it barks about the first thing on the template line, likely the construct before isn't properly ended or so.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

If the unexpected token is the first word of the line, then it's worth looking at the last non-comment line before the line highlighted by the error.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I'd like to say this has been solved earlier, and I've already released an update to NARS ADD-ON SET
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”