Roadside objects

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Roadside objects

Post by stefino_cz »

Hey guys!
I have a little problem - question. Is there any way how to code roadside objects ? (in .nml). If I look at roadside objects what are already exists, they are "standing" at next tiles. But I wanna object what is in the same tile like road. It will be objects for decorating surroundings - not functional objects like bus stop etc.

So it is possible? If the answer is yes , can you write the key part of nml code, what solve this problem, here? If I coded my newgrf, it wrote to me in game, that I have to remove road before I put there this object.

Thank you for the answer :)
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Roadside objects

Post by Leanden »

stefino_cz wrote:Hey guys!
I have a little problem - question. Is there any way how to code roadside objects ? (in .nml). If I look at roadside objects what are already exists, they are "standing" at next tiles. But I wanna object what is in the same tile like road. It will be objects for decorating surroundings - not functional objects like bus stop etc.

So it is possible? If the answer is yes , can you write the key part of nml code, what solve this problem, here? If I coded my newgrf, it wrote to me in game, that I have to remove road before I put there this object.

This is unfortunately impossible if you want the roads to be useable by RVs.

As of yet there has been no real way to develop roadtypes, and even beyond that aside from stations/signals/waypoints you cant place anything on rail, so even a similar roadtype would probably not receive this feature.

Sorry
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

I have one more similar question. Is possible to code houses depending on their position with road? For example when I want to code corner houses or houses what have any kind of connection with road. Thanks :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Leanden wrote:
stefino_cz wrote:Hey guys!

This is unfortunately impossible if you want the roads to be useable by RVs.

As of yet there has been no real way to develop roadtypes, and even beyond that aside from stations/signals/waypoints you cant place anything on rail, so even a similar roadtype would probably not receive this feature.

Sorry
It actually IS possible. Look at the ISR / DWE overlapping tiles. Although, they need to occupate the tile next to the road...
Stefino, if you want to know how to do this, ask Quast65, he's the guy who's done like 90% of overlapping tiles existing in NewGRFs.
For the house question, i've seen houses adapt with road position, like the ones in Town and Industry - UK Houses. You may ask PikkaBird for this.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hmm, it will be great :) So, only know how to code it in NML :D
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you need to take into consideration whether you want to re-align the house when a new road is built next to it, or only while the house is under construction, and then it is fixed

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”