My NewGRF makes the 'Query' sprite a non-normal sprite .. ??

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

My NewGRF makes the 'Query' sprite a non-normal sprite .. ??

Post by Snail »

Hi all,

Today I was testing the newest version of my NewGRF (French narrow gauge trains) on OTTD after heavily reworking its structure. I compiled it with GRFCodec (6.0.5) and ran it with NFORenum, which didn't pick up any major errors (except for this one, which I believe might be an OTTD feature NFORenum still doesn't recognize).

I was speechless when I saw OpenTTD (r27524, freshly compiled) quit, after giving me this rather funny error message:
What the...??
What the...??
ottd_error.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
I would otherwise appreciate the sarcasm, but my NewGRF only defines trains; I'm not even dreaming of modifying OTTD's "query" sprite (I wouldn't even have the slightest idea of how to do it). The conflict, if any, must be somewhere else, and I have no idea where it might be.

BTW, the "readme" in the OTTD directory doesn't mention anything related to the "query" sprite... This is why I'm writing here.

Anyone saw this error message before? I can post my GRF here if this can help understand where the problem might be.

Thanks in advance
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: My NewGRF makes the 'Query' sprite a non-normal sprite .. ??

Post by frosch »

Your grf contains an action A that replaces the most crucial sprite (the fallback sprite for invalid sprites) with a recolor sprite.
Likely your GRM action D+6+A has some error.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”