Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1261 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3964 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

TadeuszD wrote:
and next merging it using another tools...

it's not that difficult... :p

anyway, you could try this: (untested)
[Edit: possibly cleaner version]

Attachments:
nml_wagonspeedlimits2.diff [462 Bytes]
Downloaded 42 times

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I have next questions:
When the callback bitmask_vehicle_info is called? Is it called every time when property bitmask_consist_info is used?
Can I use bitmask_consist_info to determine wagon's parameter? Or this property can be called only from leading engine? Is there any protection against recursive calls?

What I want to do... I have defined the wagon with three cargo subtypes available. I want to decrease wagon's max speed if combination of wagons in the train and their cargo subtype settings fulfills special conditions. It should be independent of other wagon speed limits.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:03 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I found partial answer myself. ;)

TadeuszD wrote:
Can I use bitmask_consist_info to determine wagon's parameter?

Yes, you can. But if you want to calculate bitmask_consist_info for whole train you should use PARENT scope in switch definition. See the example:

Code:
switch(FEAT_TRAINS, PARENT, switch_wagon_speed, hasbit(bitmask_consist_info, VINFO_EXT_PASSENGER_WAGON) ) {
    1: return 160;
    return 125;
}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:33 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

bitmask_vehicle_info is not called everytime the variable is accessed.

All vehicle callbacks which affect vehicle properties are called when the consist changes and serveral other triggers. The results are then cached, and not updated when the vehicle moves normally.

bitmask_vehicle_info is the first callback which is called. So after a consist is created/changed, the bitmask is computed for all vehicles in the consist. Any properties afterwards can thus refer to bitmask_consist_info. bitmask_vehicle_info otoh cannot refer to any properties that change via callbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:38 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

NMLC r2095 and 5029. Unexpected chars at the begin and end of warning message:
Code:
←[33m nmlc warning: "src\\constr-stages.pnml", line 101: Block 'switch_constr_anim_speed' is not referenced, ignoring.←[0m

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

looks like escape sequences (colour changes?) to me. use a terminal that understands those :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Yes, looks like the way we added colour to the warnings is not fool-proof. On terminals which don't understand it, they show up as these weired characters.
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/5411

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I'm using Windows command line shell... :lol:

And I have next problem. I'm not sure is this the real bug, but the result doesn't match to NML documentation... :roll:
In my house I defined:
Code:
building_flags:             bitmask(HOUSE_FLAG_ANIMATE, HOUSE_FLAG_RANDOM_ANIMATION);

According to NML documentation the extra_callback_info1 argument in anim_next_frame callback should contains 32 random bits. In my opinion it doesn't work. I've checked many combination and extra_callback_info1 is always 0.
For example, this piece of code always returns 4:
Code:
switch(FEAT_HOUSES, SELF, switch_anim_next_frame, STORE_TEMP(4, 1)) {
    return LOAD_TEMP(1);
}

and this piece of code always return 0...:
Code:
switch(FEAT_HOUSES, SELF, switch_anim_next_frame, STORE_TEMP(extra_callback_info1, 1)) {
    return LOAD_TEMP(1);
}

Does this problem corresponds to http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/5294 ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Yes, Windows command prompt doesn't like ANSI escape characters like the colours. You can use a library like Colorama to get coloured console output on Windows. And I think the only code you need to add at the start of your Python program is:

Code:
from colorama import init
init()

and coloured output should work fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:33 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

be aware that due to an oddity in nfo, switches with only a "return" without any other decision targets are a special case, which returns the last accessed variable instead of whatever comes after "return". maybe that spoils your output.

so
Code:
switch(1) {
  return 2;
}
actually returns "1", not "2"

use
Code:
switch(1) {
  0: return 2;
  return 2;
}
instead

TadeuszD wrote:
Does this problem corresponds to http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/5294 ?

unlikely

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Eddi wrote:
be aware that due to an oddity in nfo, switches with only a "return" without any other decision targets are a special case, which returns the last accessed variable instead of whatever comes after "return".

Thanks. Good to know...
But I tested many combination. For example, I expect that code below returns frame #0 with probability 75% (two random bits are tested, random bits should be refreshed every ~7.5 seconds (256 ticks)) but it always returns frame #1:
Code:
property {
building_flags:         bitmask(HOUSE_FLAG_ANIMATE, HOUSE_FLAG_RANDOM_ANIMATION);
refresh_multiplier:     0;
}

switch(FEAT_HOUSES, SELF, switch_anim_next_frame, extra_callback_info1 & 0x03 != 0) {
    1: return 0;
    return 1;
}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 am 

So I was going to look into resurrecting the NSW Bus Set. I tried using the attached files as a start using NML 2.3.x so as to have TTDP compatibility. The vehicle gets introduced in OpenTTD but not in TTDP. I was told NML 2.x was kept for TTDPatch compatibility. Ignore the errors regarding the sprites not showing up in game as that is not my primary concern unless they are causing TTDP to bork.

Attachments:
NSWGBS.zip [6.02 KiB]
Downloaded 35 times

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 pm 

Here is the NFO equivalent of the NML in the zip in my last post except using a byte-size ID instead of word-size. It also has issues in both OpenTTD and TTDPatch - no vehicle appears in either game with no grfcodec errors or errors from the game.

Attachments:
main.nfo [1012 Bytes]
Downloaded 30 times

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:16 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello, while finishing my second set, strange problem has appeared. In my first set, adding sounds was easy by this part of code:

Code:
switch(FEAT_TRAINS, SELF, sound_169 , extra_callback_info1) {
    SOUND_EVENT_START: return sound("snds/start.wav");
   SOUND_EVENT_TUNNEL: return sound("snds/houkacka.wav");
    return CB_RESULT_NO_SOUND;
}
graphics {
      sound_effect:         sound_169;
    }

Now I have copied the same to my second set and it doesn't make any sound. I have used the same sounds. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:34 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Is it in a new folder? If it is, did you remember to copy the soundfiles to the new folder?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Yes, I have copied files to folder of new set. The GRF file is much bigger than before. But it doesn't do any sound in game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

two things:

are you sure you modified the vehicle id in the "item" statement after copying)

and if you reuse the same sounds, just put the same switch id there, no need to duplicate the sounds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

So, there is no support for norwegian letters with NML? I get an error when trying to encode with a languagefile containing the norwegian letter 'å'... When I remove the 'å', it encodes fine...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Trond wrote:
So, there is no support for norwegian letters with NML? I get an error when trying to encode with a languagefile containing the norwegian letter 'å'... When I remove the 'å', it encodes fine...

There is support for virtually every letter. Required encoding for all text files is UTF-8, you likely use something else; check with your editor settings.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Seems the file I downloaded was "UTF-8 without BOM" or something like that. When I changed it in Notepad++ to UTF-8 it worked fine...

Bertrand Russell

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1261 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3964 Next