NewGRF mixed up

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRF mixed up

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Hi guys,

I have some problems with NewGRF.
No.1 is when I add japanese shinkansan train set (japanese set3)and it's addon, there is no passenger and mail wagon in shinkansan's depot. But in standard gauge, it's available passenger and mail car and 3 kinds of shinkansan train sets but not all shinkansan sets.

So, I added japanese set3: track NewGRF, and it's okay with passenger and mail car for all shinkansan sets. But there is speed limitation on every tracks. I want to remove it.

Another thing is that I want to put TGV set into shinkansan set or I want to put both TGV and Shinkansan set into standard gauge or High speed electrified track. I read all NewGRF descriptions and I couldn't find anything to solve my problems. So how do I solve my problems?

Thanks in advance,
Sylf
President
President

Re: NewGRF mixed up

Post by Sylf »

For the first question, can you post the .sav file where you're having the problem?

For the speed limit: no, you can't easily remove speed limit from Japan Set Tracks. One way to get around the limitation is to use the older version of Japan Set.

For the last problem about compatibility with other train sets - It looks like there's no way to get around it. That other train set is not compatible with Japan Set Tracks. For this issue, even the older version above won't solve the issue.

Also, this kind of question is best asked in the existing thread related to the NewGRF in question.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Re: NewGRF mixed up

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Thanks dude.

I found a way to set speed limit using waypoint and set speed limit in route.

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”