STGFX Trolleybus set !BETA!

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

STGFX Trolleybus set !BETA!

Post by spajdy »

Hello, world!

It is time to release the first beta version for STGFX Trolleybus set for public testing. I spend today doing some last changes, but there is still space for improvement, but I need to know, what to improve.
Now picture.

Important information:
This set contains roads, if you play with roads from another NewGRF it is advised to switch our roads off, they are here so have full experience if you only want to try it. There is included Bus lane (for buses only) and a Public transit lane (for buses and trolleybuses). This will work only within STGFX vehicles. However, the label for Bus lane is "BUSO" and for the Public transit, the label is "PTRD", there will be the table of road labels someday when I will be feeling it is sorta finished.

Current version icon:
DOWNLOAD SECTION:
Current version:
Version B1.00.02

Archive of versions:
B1.00.01
B1.00.01
icon.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 7405 times
STGFX_Troll.zip
B1.00.01
(158.65 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Last edited by spajdy on 25 Mar 2021 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: STGFX Trolleybus set !BETA!

Post by spajdy »

Version B1.00.01

Contents:
Set of Slovak roads - can be switched off.

2 - Town road - 50 km/h
4 - Regional road - 90 km/h
6 - Higway - 130 km/h
8 - Pedestrian zone - Traffic is not allowed
9 - Bus lane - specail lane for buses from STGFX Bus Set (label: BUSO) 50 km/h
11 - Electrfied road for trolleybues - 50 km/h
12 - Public transit road (electrified) (PTRD) - 50 km/h

Missing numbers are hidden roads, that are not done yet.

Vehicles:
Škoda T11
Škoda 14Tr & 14TrM
Škoda Sanos S200
Škoda 15Tr & 15TrM
Škoda 21Tr AC
Škoda 24Tr
Škoda 25Tr
Škoda 25Tr DG (diesel engine) (works on U&RaTT and a few others roads sets correctly)

Parameter settings:
You can choose from 7 (+1 Basic option) combinations of liveries set. This is done as planned thing for planned updates.
Basic: Basic can not be switched off.
Basic + Slovak: This is deflaut value. Slovak liveries are avialible in-game.
Basic + Advertising: This makes advertasing liveires avialible in-game.
Basic + World: This makes abroad livieries avialible in-game. (Only work with Sanos right now.)
Basic + SK + Ad: The combination of slovak and advertaising livieris will be avialible.
Basic + SK + World : The combination of slovak and abroad livieries will be avialible.
Basic + Ad + World: The combination of advertaising and abroad livieires will be avialible.
All is on: All livieries are allowed.

Vehicle behavior
There is only one trolleybus with a backup diesel engine - Škoda 25Tr DG, this one can be operated on any road supposed for road vehicles. But it will be much more expensive as running is under overhead wires.
As vehicles age and there is newer type introduced the vehicle will get cheaper to buy, but running costs will go higher and the cargo age period will go down as well.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

God bless you! Finally the trolls took control of my cities and citiziens can enjoy better air :mrgreen:
(I'd like to add these videoshots as mp4, but it's not possible here. Or it is?)

They perfectly work with U&RaTT Roads. One time I was surprised when one trolleybus left electrified road. But I found out that it's hybrid with diesel :)

I have 2 remarks to this set. I can compare it with North Korean Trolleybuses.

- I would appreciate having electricity icon in purchase menu like this.
It's little difficult to find what is troll.

- What about adding these electric shocks? :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello there! Thanks, man! It looks great! I don't know about MP4 but I can share GIF on Discord, or you can if you like.
fridaemon wrote: 21 Mar 2021 21:23 But I found out that it's hybrid with diesel :)
I was concerned that people will not read readme and they got all confused by this one. I am just glad I did put only one there though for now. (I actually like to build it everywhere, because it is so flexible.)
It has a bit of much long and confusing code at the moment, but it works, which is nice.

Hello there! Thanks, man! It looks great! I don't know about MP4 but I can share GIF on Discord, or you can if you like.
fridaemon wrote: 21 Mar 2021 21:23 I would appreciate having electricity icon in purchase menu like this.
Eh, I would love to, but unfortunately, I am not able to draw electric bolts for some reason. I've tried many times, but I was never satisfied with the outcome. Best I can do is this:
CSI Icon
CSI Icon
image_2021-03-22_015123.png (6.53 KiB) Viewed 7269 times
It is Contact shoe gliding on wires icons, so I hope it will be enough for now.
fridaemon wrote: 21 Mar 2021 21:23 What about adding these electric shocks? :twisted:
Whops. Okay, I've added effects to it.

I've compiled it to version B1.00.02 but I'll wait for few days - two or three, before releasing it, as there might be another issue that can be solved within few minutes of work.

Thank you for reporting these issues! You have a small insignificant plus.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

spajdy wrote: 22 Mar 2021 00:57 Eh, I would love to, but unfortunately, I am not able to draw electric bolts for some reason. I've tried many times, but I was never satisfied with the outcome.
So Greyfur drew me the electric bolt icon, so I'll change it to it. :bow: All thanks to Greyfur. :bow:
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

Thumbs up for all these goodies! Thank you! :D
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

perverted monkey wrote: 22 Mar 2021 04:51 Thumbs up for all these goodies! Thank you! :D
You're welcome and thank you for your kind words :) Here, have a cookie.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

perfect, I achieved what I wanted. :twisted: :lol:

Nice work from you and Greyfur ;)

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

you can share gifs wherever you want. But I have to admin that I don't know Discord :roll:

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

fridaemon wrote: 22 Mar 2021 21:17 perfect, I achieved what I wanted. :twisted: :lol:

Nice work from you and Greyfur ;)
You reminded me what I forgot, that happens sometimes.
Please let me know if there is anything else, so it can be promptly fixed (if possible).

So Discord is a mystery for you. Okay. :)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello,
time has come to publish a patched version of this set.

Version B1.00.02 (patch update).
iconVER2.png
iconVER2.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
Included changes
Effects
Effects have been added to the vehicles. Sparks and diesel combustion engine smog to the hybrid Škoda 25Tr DG.
Electric icon
Icons have been added to the purchase menu. I am glad and thankful that Greyfur did draw the icon because I was not able to do so.
image_2021-03-26_000543.png
image_2021-03-26_000543.png (13.08 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
Glyphs
Glyphs have been updated, so they are more readable.
U&RaTT support
On some electrified roads Škoda 25Tr DG switched to the diesel engine, which had to be fixed!
Phone Mode
There is an issue with glyphs on Android devices, where instead of glyphs are symbols showed. As this looks messy in the purchase menu, I've added a new parameter setting = Phone Mode. By allowing this, all glyphs used in the purchase menu will be replaced by classic text.

And try pressing Alt+4 or Alt+6 in any text window in-game, if you are from Slovakia, you are for a treat.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
STGFX_Troll.zip
Version B1.00.02 (patch update)
(167.65 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Perfect work! Really love it and I appreciate effects and electric symbols in purchase menu, thanks :bow:

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

fridaemon wrote: 26 Mar 2021 19:11
WTF is happening with the bus in the upper left corner at the stop? Something is off, I can tell... gonna check Citelis 18 M right?
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello,
summer is gone, and I've time again to sit around PC and do some coding. You were patient, so I am releasing a little update for trolleybuses.

Version B1.00.03(small update)
iconVER2.png
iconVER2.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 5598 times
Included changes
Sounds
Some of the vehicles were assigned a sound effects, so they are more realistic, than that thud sound that was primary in-game.
Vehicles
Very little of vehicles were added, but here is a list.
Škoda 26Tr and Škoda 26TrA
Škoda 27Tr
Škoda 30Tr
Škoda 31Tr
What was almost in this update but probably will be unlocked in patch B1.00.04
Škoda 30Tr DG - already drawn - code is incomplete.
SOR TNB 12 - already drawn - code is incomplete.

Displayes
There is now new parameter for displays of the vehicles. Please be noted, not every vehicle supports this, so it won't affect everything.
Vehicles with LCD displays can be set to have to Orange panels, Green panels or RGB panels in which, you can set colour of route by Company Colour.

Download here:
STGFX_Troll_B10003.zip
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
In the end.
After agreeing with Greyfur at scale for trams, I've started apply it even here. So every new vehicle in this pack is actually in that new scale. However that means, Škoda 25Tr from before has now wrong scale and is shorter that any 18m vehicle. I wanted to update it now, but I'll be updating 25Tr and 24Tr when separately so there is lower chance of breaking your games.

Thank you.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

very big THANK YOU :bow: can't wait to have these new pieces in my game :twisted:

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello,
on Discord server we sucesfully tested, and relaesed version B1.00.05, however if you were trying out version B1.00.04 (only released on Discord for testing purposes) some vehicles are missing from 1.00.05 as they were still not finished.
New version is on BaNaNas and it is not recommended to replace older version is savegames, as this with alter some vehicle id-s.

Enjoy.
STGFX_TBUS_01_00_05.zip
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hello traffic managers,
I've just released version B1.00.06 of trolleybuses, in this version only change is unlocking and polishing vehicle SOR TNS 12 for players. Go and enjoy!

In-game, here and discord server as well. See ya later.
Attachments
FS_02_00_STGFX_TBUS_PACK_RELEASE_B10_00_06.zip
B1.00.06
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
icon_06_150-01.png
icon_06_150-01.png (50.41 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Releases”