Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by supermop »

Hello!

After 4+ years of messing around with a set of road vehicles, which has grown from generic NRT proof-of-concept to an oddly expansive vision, I think It's time to call 0.6.9 a nice and proper release. While I was at it, I tried and failed to give it a better name....

Beyond Trolleybi - Mop's Expanded Road vehicles includes the following features in stunning 8bpp 1x zoom:
[*]Trolleywire and dual-mode powered road vehicles
[*]Steam, diesel and more powered tramway vehicles (use Unspooled for full effect)
[*]Various livery and power variants throughout time
[*]New Cargo graphic support for vehicle and vehicle body cargos
[*]Fixed various broken sprites
[*]A few other nice surprises for your winding roads

Pretty pictures to follow, and look forward to seeing yours as well!
Best,

moprv69.grf
(2 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by Gadg8eer »

Nice!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

New Version 0.7.4!

Lots of refactoring of code, and addition of power type icons for steam, diesel, electric and dual mode vehicles (plus a few more surprise types).
road icons.png
road icons.png (33.11 KiB) Viewed 18079 times
tram icons.png
tram icons.png (35.4 KiB) Viewed 18079 times
Also fixes a few sprite issues that slipped through in 0.6.9 and better supports some newer FIRS cargos, so you don't have to use only open trucks for them.
moprv74.grf
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

This has become my favorite road vehicle set for all my games, combined of course with Unspooled on either the minimal or basic road selections.

One suggestion: perhaps the NewGRF parameters to select the vehicle types enabled could default to all-enabled, instead of all-disabled. I've recommended this to a few new players who haven't thought to check the settings (and have done so myself...) and were confused when no vehicles were available. :)
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

2TallTyler wrote: 09 Apr 2021 17:17 This has become my favorite road vehicle set for all my games, combined of course with Unspooled on either the minimal or basic road selections.

One suggestion: perhaps the NewGRF parameters to select the vehicle types enabled could default to all-enabled, instead of all-disabled. I've recommended this to a few new players who haven't thought to check the settings (and have done so myself...) and were confused when no vehicles were available. :)
Thanks! It's a good suggestion as I've been caught out by this myself a few times. I might keep a couple of the parameters defaulting to off, as some of the weirder or easter-egg type vehicles can clutter up the menu for a more basic game. (personally I almost never use the road trains or light vehicles, nor do I usually start early enough to use steam power).

The most sorely lacking element so far is a car carrier, but I am not currently happy with the sprites I've drawn for it, nor the way I've tried to code it, so still need a bit more work on it.

Would love to see some screen shots of how people are using this!
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

supermop wrote: 01 Apr 2021 15:00 New Version 0.7.4!
Hello! I've noticed a couple of bugs that vex me so; an issue with some purchase windows graphics and an issue with the electric vehicle turny-on-turny-off parameter with certain road sets:

Some steam vehicles have squished up purchase window graphics:
Screenshot 2021-11-13 212327.png
Screenshot 2021-11-13 212327.png (9.13 KiB) Viewed 16732 times
Despite disabling electric road vehicles, if a NRT set *provides* roads that support electrification, the vehicle set will still provide those electric vehicles (But NOT the dual mode vehicles, go figure). I've also raised this with Ufiby whether we can have a parameter to disable electric roads altogether in his set:
Screenshot 2021-11-13 212541.png
(125.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Aegir wrote: 13 Nov 2021 10:58
Hello! I've noticed a couple of bugs that vex me so; an issue with some purchase windows graphics and an issue with the electric vehicle turny-on-turny-off parameter with certain road sets:

Despite disabling electric road vehicles, if a NRT set *provides* roads that support electrification, the vehicle set will still provide those electric vehicles (But NOT the dual mode vehicles, go figure). I've also raised this with Ufiby whether we can have a parameter to disable electric roads altogether in his set:
oops! I'll take a look as soon as I can... tbh I wasn't sure anyone other than myself was actually using this set!
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

This is a very nice set to stumble upon! :o
Especially the industrial trams are exactly what I was looking for.
The only thing missing is a nice looking refit for liquids, so trams with little tank wagons :]
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

supermop wrote: 17 Nov 2021 02:28
Aegir wrote: 13 Nov 2021 10:58

oops! I'll take a look as soon as I can... tbh I wasn't sure anyone other than myself was actually using this set!
I love this set! The lack of any refits to diamonds/valuables (at least, in 1934) is slightly annoying in my current playthrough though 🤔.

2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

I also use this set! It’s currently my RV set of choice for all my games.

I’ve noticed a few sprite alignment issues including smoke for some of the early trams, and one angle of the Tama Boxer (driving SW, I think) that cuts off the back of the vehicle. But I didn’t realize you were still actively working on this so I never reported them. I’ll keep an eye out in the future.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Hello!

I've made a new version - 0.8.0 with a handful of changes to improve bus sprites and a few new hidden eggs to find. Buses now have opening doors based on the drive side, and improvements to liveries and windows. Changes are most pronounced on the last two generations of bus.
Tervala Transport, crop.png
Tervala Transport, crop.png (198.11 KiB) Viewed 16019 times
moprv80.grf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Source available upon request
Aegir wrote: 13 Nov 2021 10:58 Some steam vehicles have squished up purchase window graphics:
I couldn't manage to replicate this on my end just now - maybe I fixed it earlier and forgot?
Aegir wrote: 17 Nov 2021 11:44 The lack of any refits to diamonds/valuables (at least, in 1934) is slightly annoying in my current playthrough though
I've set the mail trucks to carry valuables for now - they are not very armoured but it seemed the most appropriate.
2TallTyler wrote: 17 Nov 2021 19:12 I’ve noticed a few sprite alignment issues including smoke for some of the early trams, and one angle of the Tama Boxer (driving SW, I think) that cuts off the back of the vehicle.
I didn't get to fixing smoke this time but I'll look into it. Is the issue with the Boxer with the hatchback or sedan? It might just be my ugly looking sprite. As a hint, you might want to take the boxer to the beach in this release.
Quast65 wrote: 17 Nov 2021 09:34 The only thing missing is a nice looking refit for liquids, so trams with little tank wagons
I've thought about it in the past but felt the tram list was getting a bit too cluttered, and barrels in open wagons at least works. I might add tank wagon trams in the future!

Have fun!
moprv80.grf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Ragin1_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ragin1_ »

supermop wrote: 31 Dec 2021 18:40 Hello!

I've made a new version - 0.8.0 with a handful of changes to improve bus sprites and a few new hidden eggs to find. Buses now have opening doors based on the drive side, and improvements to liveries and windows. Changes are most pronounced on the last two generations of bus.

Tervala Transport, crop.png

moprv80.grf

Source available upon request
This looks bloody good! The buses all look far more realistic now, and less like the original buses.

Any chance I could get that source? I've been planning on making my own generic bus set, so I'd be curious to see how you've done it
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Looks amazing! The switch to disable electric vehicles however is still not working alongside sets that *can* provide electric tracks such as U&RATT2. Small nitpick :P .

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Aegir wrote: 02 Jan 2022 09:43 Looks amazing! The switch to disable electric vehicles however is still not working alongside sets that *can* provide electric tracks such as U&RATT2. Small nitpick :P .
Not quite sure how to fix that.. as is each vehicle has an "if (x)" connected to the type parameter at the start of its definition

Ragin1_ wrote: 31 Dec 2021 23:46 Any chance I could get that source? I've been planning on making my own generic bus set, so I'd be curious to see how you've done it
Attached here:
Mop Generic RVs_080.zip
(5.82 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

supermop wrote: 08 Jan 2022 22:17
Aegir wrote: 02 Jan 2022 09:43 Looks amazing! The switch to disable electric vehicles however is still not working alongside sets that *can* provide electric tracks such as U&RATT2. Small nitpick :P .
Not quite sure how to fix that.. as is each vehicle has an "if (x)" connected to the type parameter at the start of its definition
No problem, I'll have a look through the source and let you know if I figure it out :-)

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

supermop wrote: 08 Jan 2022 22:17

Ragin1_ wrote: 31 Dec 2021 23:46 Any chance I could get that source? I've been planning on making my own generic bus set, so I'd be curious to see how you've done it
Attached here: Mop Generic RVs_080.zip
Only lightly tested, but I think I've fixed it. Electric RV's were all tagged as Fuel RV's. The only vehicles tagged as electric RV's were the Hybrids, what I've done is change the param_ffrv to param_elrv for all the electrics, and for the hybrids changed the switch to (param_elrv ==1 && param_ffrv ==1). Articulateds hybrids && all three. Might want to do a quick sanity check to make sure I haven't stuffed something up, but it's working for how I perceive the settings should work.
Attachments
moprv81.nml
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 143 times

Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

Hi, I noticed that the hybrid rvs in your set do not have extended trolley pickups and that they show the incorrect power and running cost when running under U&RaTT wires, so i fixed it by replaceing the current_roadtype variable with tile_powers_roadtype("ELRD") which seams to work with U&RaTT and Docklands.
Attachments
moprv80.nml
Fixed nml file
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

This is exactly what I was looking for! G rated Buses! :D

Christopher Tarana
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

Finishing up one of my games shortly, so figured I'd do some changes to this set that I noticed while using it in the past few games.
Attached is version 0.9.0. It should be backwards compatible for loading in an existing game, but no guarantees, just tested loading it into a few different games I've had going before, and no instant crashes at least.

EDIT:
Forgot to add the updated source files, attaching as archive to include everything.
the .7z and .zip archive are identical, just a lot smaller size due to better compression on 7zip, so if anyone has bandwidth restraints they can get that one instead.

EDIT #2:
Version 0.9.1 is found on the next page.

Code: Select all

Bumped version to 0.9.0 in custom_tags.txt
Bumped version to 90 in moprv.nml

Fixed Dual-Mode vehicles not getting changed properties when running on electricity:
    This was changed by Brickblock1 in their upload. Kept intact in this version.

Added def_value:1 to all vehicle selection parameters so they are enabled by default when adding GRF to loadout.

Added CCTT_FUNC to tramtypetable to allow Cable Cars to fallback to RAIL if FUNC not available:
    - tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, FUNC }
    + tramtypetable { RAIL, ELRL, CCTT_FUNC: [FUNC, RAIL] }

Cable Cars:
    Changed item_f0_tram and item_f1_tram from tram_type FUNC to CCTT_FUNC.
    Added STR_CABLECAR_01 and STR_CABLECAR_02 in english.lng to give unique names to the cable cars.
    Modified statistics of both cable cars to try and balance them a bit.

Fixed names that assumedly lacked spacing in english.lng:
    - STR_SMOD_TMC:Bufo Motive Works'GP'
    + STR_SMOD_TMC:Bufo Motive Works 'GP'
    - STR_FMOD_BWB:Bufo Motive Works'B'
    + STR_FMOD_BWB:Bufo Motive Works 'B'
    - STR_FMOD_BWA:Bufo Motive Works'GP'
    + STR_FMOD_BWA:Bufo Motive Works 'GP'
    - STR_FMOD_BW1:Bufo Motive Works'GPII'
    + STR_FMOD_BW1:Bufo Motive Works 'GPII'
    - STR_CFMOD_BWB:Bufo Motive Works'C'
    + STR_CFMOD_BWB:Bufo Motive Works 'C'
    - STR_CFMOD_BWA:Bufo Motive Works'HP'
    + STR_CFMOD_BWA:Bufo Motive Works 'HP'
    - STR_CFMOD_BW1:Bufo Motive Works'GPII'
    + STR_CFMOD_BW1:Bufo Motive Works 'GPII'

Fixed assumed typo for STR_TMOD_LC1 in english.lng:
    - Lupo Carelli t.1
    + Lupo Carelli t.10

Fixed typo for STR_TMOD_LC2 in english.lng:
    - STR_TMOD_LC2:LUpo t.20
    + STR_TMOD_LC2:Lupo t.20

Changed speedratings of y2015, y2020 and y2025 busses:
    Earlier generations Normal/Articulated have been in sync, but these three generations were not.
    2015: Bufo Bus changed from 140km/h to 120km/h
    2020: duNord Trolley Bus changed from 120km/h to 140km/h
    2025: Both busses changed from 140km/h to 160km/h for a slight boost in the last generation.

Changed speedratings of y2030 and y2040 passenger trams:
    To keep these at same max speed as the last generation of busses, they are also changed from 140km/h to 160km/h.
Attachments
moprv.grf
See in-comment changelog.
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
[0.9.0] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.7z
Updated 0.9.0 source, requires 7zip to extract.
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
[0.9.0] Mop Expanded Road Vehicles.zip
Updated 0.9.0 source, default zip compression which should be natively supported by Windows.
(5.92 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by Heresy on 10 Aug 2022 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

I have a small suggestion about first vehicles : is it possible to change introduction date of the first vehicles to align with at least 2CC Trains in NML (1936 for Western Europe by example), or like Generic Road Vehicle, add some horse powered vehicles, so we can use this set with any other vehicle set without wondering about first introduction date.

It's quite strange to have trains but no trucks available in the early ages...

Return to “Graphics Releases”