Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by supermop »

Hello!

After 4+ years of messing around with a set of road vehicles, which has grown from generic NRT proof-of-concept to an oddly expansive vision, I think It's time to call 0.6.9 a nice and proper release. While I was at it, I tried and failed to give it a better name....

Beyond Trolleybi - Mop's Expanded Road vehicles includes the following features in stunning 8bpp 1x zoom:
[*]Trolleywire and dual-mode powered road vehicles
[*]Steam, diesel and more powered tramway vehicles (use Unspooled for full effect)
[*]Various livery and power variants throughout time
[*]New Cargo graphic support for vehicle and vehicle body cargos
[*]Fixed various broken sprites
[*]A few other nice surprises for your winding roads

Pretty pictures to follow, and look forward to seeing yours as well!
Best,

moprv69.grf
(2 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by Gadg8eer »

Nice!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

New Version 0.7.4!

Lots of refactoring of code, and addition of power type icons for steam, diesel, electric and dual mode vehicles (plus a few more surprise types).
road icons.png
road icons.png (33.11 KiB) Viewed 479 times
tram icons.png
tram icons.png (35.4 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Also fixes a few sprite issues that slipped through in 0.6.9 and better supports some newer FIRS cargos, so you don't have to use only open trucks for them.
moprv74.grf
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
2TallTyler
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by 2TallTyler »

This has become my favorite road vehicle set for all my games, combined of course with Unspooled on either the minimal or basic road selections.

One suggestion: perhaps the NewGRF parameters to select the vehicle types enabled could default to all-enabled, instead of all-disabled. I've recommended this to a few new players who haven't thought to check the settings (and have done so myself...) and were confused when no vehicles were available. :)
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

2TallTyler wrote: 09 Apr 2021 17:17 This has become my favorite road vehicle set for all my games, combined of course with Unspooled on either the minimal or basic road selections.

One suggestion: perhaps the NewGRF parameters to select the vehicle types enabled could default to all-enabled, instead of all-disabled. I've recommended this to a few new players who haven't thought to check the settings (and have done so myself...) and were confused when no vehicles were available. :)
Thanks! It's a good suggestion as I've been caught out by this myself a few times. I might keep a couple of the parameters defaulting to off, as some of the weirder or easter-egg type vehicles can clutter up the menu for a more basic game. (personally I almost never use the road trains or light vehicles, nor do I usually start early enough to use steam power).

The most sorely lacking element so far is a car carrier, but I am not currently happy with the sprites I've drawn for it, nor the way I've tried to code it, so still need a bit more work on it.

Would love to see some screen shots of how people are using this!

Return to “Graphics Releases”