CS_BusSet - part A updated 1st February 2022

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

CS_BusSet - part A updated 1st February 2022

Post by Greyfur »

Hi everyone.

CS_BusSet is a set containing a large selection of buses from Czech and Slovak producers, but also from some other brands that were in use in the Czecho-slovak region.

Three separate parts are planned for the set.
"A" part - released in version 0.7.6 on 1st February 2022 (download link download/file.php?id=220651)
"B1" part - released in version 0.7.2 on 18th April 2021
"B2" part - released in version 0.7.2 on 18th April 2021
"B3" part - released in version 0.7.2 on 18th April 2021
"C" part - pending release date

"A" part contains buses from 1907 till 1981 and it contains 51 types, subtypes and vehicle consists (bus & trailer).
"B1" part contains buses from 1962 till 1982 and it contains 15 new types with subtypes and extensive amounts of livery refits.
"B2" part contains buses from 1982 till 1991 and it contains 8 new types with subtypes and extensive amounts of livery refits.
"B3" part contains buses from 1991 till 2001 and it contains 34 new types with subtypes and extensive amounts of livery refits.

- The set is using CC1 and CC2. The best way to utilize the company colors based on the logics I used is to use CC1 for local lines (city transport) and CC2 for regional ones.
- The set supports realism. Each bus is bought in a realistic livery and you can refit it to available other realistic or CC colors by refitting the bus in your depot.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
If you would like to read more, feel free to stop by at the development thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962&start=20
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
- I am a little behind with language translations so the A package is in English, Slovak, Czech and German, while B packages are only in English at this time, which I plan to expand to slovak and czech asap.
- please be aware that these are still in development and the balancing is a work in progress. Also the type-list is not yet final.
- if you find any issues, bugs or have any suggestions, etc, feel free to contact me or leave a reply.
- if you would like to join the development, or would like to use some graphics in your set, let me know :)

I hope you will enjoy the sets!
Attachments
CS_BusSet0.5.0.zip
(125.07 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
CSBusSetN7.2B1.grf
(692.2 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
CSBusSetN7.2B2.grf
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Last edited by Greyfur on 01 Feb 2022 13:34, edited 9 times in total.
My project: CS Bus Set viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Re: CS_BusSet 0.5.0 - part A Released 17th January 2021

Post by Greyfur »

You can see the current types menu for the CS_BusSet 0.5.0 part A below:
[+] Spoiler

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Re: CS_BusSet - part B with files B1-B3 Released 18th April 2021

Post by Greyfur »

You can see the current types menu for the CS_BusSet 0.7.2 part B (files 1-3) below:
[+] Spoiler
Attachments
CSBusSetN7.2B3.grf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

Woof !
uginbgood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by uginbgood »

you can call me stupid, just tell me why need to cut apart your set? Is it related to grf specifications, otherwise just your personal own preference? Maybe you never have to reach a maximum available grf's in the game?
Anyway i woul like to thanks for your great job. Your set looks beautiful and works like its needed... by first try.
p.s. my english is so bad. i'm not a programmer but i love this game so many years
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Hi uginbgood,

I am very happy you like my work.

The reason for the split is the limit of 1024 strings (texts) for a grf file. The vehicle names in the shop, but also when you refit a vehicle in the depot for a different graphics, there is a menu with the names of the refits, that you can choose from, the additional info in the buy menu, all are strings and each counts.

I wanted to keep subtype names while I wanted to avoid using each subtype as a separate type (like Ikarus set has), which would clog the buying menu. The only solution that came to my mind was adding the subtype name to the string and due to that, it blocks reusing of the strings. If I find a better way to do this, I will gladly do.

Current limit is 59 if I am not mistaken. I expect the whole bus set eating up to 5 files when complete. I also plan a 'lite' version once all is done, that will be subtype-less and therefore should fit into 1 file.

I have also seen a request to raise the max. of strings to 2048, which would help.

At the moment the numbers of strings are as follows:
A: 294 (with pending a lot of expansions)
B1: 906
B2: 943
B3: 732 (more types will be added later on)

There are still reserves for expansion of refits or adding new types, which I plan to use.

I hope that answers your question. Feel free to ask more if anything comes up :)

Woof !
uginbgood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by uginbgood »

Greyfur, thanx to your anwer. Ithink its detailed enough to this moment.
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

New release of part A (buses, years 1907-cca1975) in version 0.7.6A.

The changelog:
1) completelly rewritten the code to fix random switches & livery refits, removed buses with trailers as separate types and added them as refits, prepared code for future additions per the planning list of types
2) Added Laurin & Klement HOP, Laurin & Klement HOS, Laurin & Klement DO, Walter PN, Škoda 506, Saurer 3C, Saurer 4C and Fiat 626 buses&coaches
3) adjusted graphics of Ikarus 55, Ikarus 620, Ikarus 630 and did a lot of graphic fixes & rewamps on a lot older buses like Škoda 505, Tatra 24/58 etc.
4) reworked a lot Easter eggs and added new ones
5) fixed vehicle data like weight, speed and power
6) added a couple refit liveries like for Skoda 706RTO LUX, Škoda 706RO, eyecandy Jelcz work cars, etc.
7) added czech and german language ontop of English and slovak
+ probably more I forgot to mention

I tried to test the set as much as I could, but if you find any issues with the set or vehicles, let me know and I will have a look.

The set is being released in the attachment below, I will upload to bananas and the source to github asap.
Attachments
CSBusSetN7.6A.grf
(678.9 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Woof !
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CS_BusSet - part A updated 1st February 2022

Post by Argus »

Bug or a racing bus? :D (version 0.7.2)
Attachments
McAlpine & Co., 26. led 1935.png
(618.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Graphics Releases”