US Set available [Trains v0.87.4d released 27 April 2008]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

This looks more like clipping than being close together.
Attachments
CopperCarClip.png
CopperCarClip.png (52.71 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yep, thats clipping
Attachments
clippin.PNG
clippin.PNG (7.39 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I haven't seen that at all in my game. Maybe are you using the DOS version, and something's different there?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

krtaylor wrote:I haven't seen that at all in my game. Maybe are you using the DOS version, and something's different there?
im certainly using the windows version..
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, I haven't tried it in the Tropics yet, just the Temperate. Maybe it only happens there? Anybody else tried the Tropics yet?
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Do you have the new sprite sorter enabled? (In the miscmods settings)

With the old sorter, short wagons will have clipping problems like this.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

that fixed it, thanks patchman.
Daniel C.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Daniel C. »

Patchman wrote:Do you have the new sprite sorter enabled? (In the miscmods settings)

With the old sorter, short wagons will have clipping problems like this.
Hello:

Where exactly does one find instructions on how to enable the sprite sorter miscmods setting? I looked through the manual but could not find anything.

Thanks for your help...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

The manual page of miscmods might help.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
KrevRenko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KrevRenko »

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this had been observed, too lazy to scan the old pages, but I found (what I think is) a livery override bug.

I replaced an old Hudson with an EP5. (I know nothing about US railroads, so don't throw sharp objects at me if it is not normal.) I sold the Hudson with all the wagons, bought new ones, and an EP5, and woohoo, the EP5 century Limited! :lol: If this is intentional, I shall be embarassed in my next post.

And another thing I found when testing this with other locos(worked correctly): Is this override on stainless coaches supposed to make them look bilevel, or didn't the company using these IRL make them haul any single-levels at all?
Attachments
one single bilevel in this train. Guess which one!
one single bilevel in this train. Guess which one!
NBA player standup coaches.png (5.81 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
This is it, the 20th Century's succesor!
This is it, the 20th Century's succesor!
EP5 Limited.png (32.36 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
Thrakki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Thrakki »

KrevRenko wrote: And another thing I found when testing this with other locos(worked correctly): Is this override on stainless coaches supposed to make them look bilevel, or didn't the company using these IRL make them haul any single-levels at all?
The override purposely makes them look bi-level. C&NW did in fact use single-level cars, but the graphics for them haven't been made yet. Maybe I'll do them at some point.

Edit: note also that probably around the early 1970s, the single-level cars were phased out, as it was more economical to use the bi-levels when transporting large volumes of passengers.
-Song of Carrot Game-
"Digging Carrots, Muddy & Muddy,
Washing Them, Cut & Cut,
The Soup Boiling Well, Hot & Hot,
We All Favorite Carrot Game."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Concerning the Hudson and the EP5. The observed behavior is expected, but it's confusing because of two realistic but odd changes.

In the first version of the US set, the only Hudson we had was the 20th Century Ltd. (the streamlined silver one.) That's all very well, but there were way more Hudsons than that, exactly the same only not streamlined. So now you have a non-streamlined Hudson mostly; the fancy 20th Cent. Ltd. is a random variant, that only appears in 1939-1942. If you get a generic Hudson, you get green heavyweight passenger cars with it (because the NYC was famous for Hudsons, and their cars were green); if you get the streamlined silver one, you get matching silver 20th Cent. Ltd. cars.

The EP5 appears in the 1950s, well into the stainless-steel car era. So you'd think it would pull those. But the NYNH&H, which used the EP5, had major commuter services and didn't bother buying the expensive stainless cars for them; they bought a nice new loco (the EP5) but stuck with the same old cars they had. So the EP5 gets green heavyweights too, regardless of when you bought them.
KrevRenko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KrevRenko »

OK, so, as I promised, :oops: :lol:

Thx, I'm learning all sorts of new stuff on the Net! Incredible!

My Hudson on the line was the 20th, I saw non-20ths too though and thought it was a bug. A lack of US RR understanding on my side I would this call. Now on go play, I shall, cool set, made you! 8) :lol:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

i know, go do a search, (well (REMOVED) you)-(unintentional). i just want to ask, how do u create a circus train?
Last known as: Weirdy
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Take an F7 Freight enginge and attach some normal boxcars to it. No refit needed. It looks like normal boxcars in the Depot window, but when it leaves the depot, it changes to the Circus.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm having a tiny little problem with my US Set game.

I am using Aegirs patch that lets the AI trains run on my tracks, and as such, have set the AI company up using Metra trains, so I can tell them apart from my Amtrak trains. However, two of their E8's crashed, and the locos and the coaches were... well, trashed.

However, when I went to replace their trains, the E8 didn't exist anymore. Never fearing, I turned to the readme (like everyone else tries to avoid doing), and found I could build the F40-PH2 and randomly get Metra livery, much like the E8.

It won't give me any Metra locomotives. I must have built about 25 of them, and not a single metra one. Sold them all, and tried again... Zip...

I dunno if it's a bug, or if someone didn't update the readme, but according to the readme, I should have Metra trains in the Arctic, and I don't :|.

I hope this is the right thread to put it in :)).

Thanks in advance guys (P.S. I am so loving this version of the US Set, everything so far has been flawless.).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Somebody thought the Metra F40s were too bright and commented them out. They should go back in again, I think we will make them less orange and more red.
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I didn't see anything wrong with the Metra livery, in fact I liked it.

If you hold the brightness against it, the bilevels and E8s in the livery posted above (KrevRenko) should be banned IMO.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Like I said, I want the F40 in the set, and I don't recall there being a discussion about getting rid of it. But I think Thrakki was going to make it more red, and it would return in the next version. I don't have a problem with it as it was. Oracle?
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Irish - the bilevels should be retouched - true.

As for F40...

The problem is not brightness, but the fact, that all oranges in TTD pallette (all 3 of them) are of the ultra-high-fire-lava variety which makes everything look like a neon. That is why there is no orange EJ&E shortline livery. Simply - lack of color. Likewise BNSF - lack of proper shade of pink to make Heritage liveries work.

Besides - F40 got a model change, so a redraw was needed anyway.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “Graphics Releases”