Crates On New Vehicle Expressways Yield Outrageous Riches But Exhaust Less Toxic Smog

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Crates On New Vehicle Expressways Yield Outrageous Riches But Exhaust Less Toxic Smog

Post by GarryG »

Love the boxes as they move so nicely and look good even when they go around corners.

I think if you make different items to carry different cargoes .. stick to the same size as the boxes.

Just a idea .. maybe for some cargoes could have a pallet be just a few pixels high when it empty. And when full same size as your boxes.

Some of the cargo items in the CHIP set could be used as well.

Good work .. great for those who like to play a game that different.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Crates On New Vehicle Expressways Yield Outrageous Riches But Exhaust Less Toxic Smog

Post by LaChupacabra »

Andrew350 wrote: 12 Jul 2020 21:20
LaChupacabra wrote: 09 Jul 2020 22:37 So give more power, more torque, just more of everything. :D
I wish I could, but I've already maxed everything out :P 2550hp just isn't enough for 45 tons apparently. Also toyed with the idea of 'specialty' crates as you suggested, but I would need to plan out a more complicated set of vehicles to make that work I think (to give everything purpose).
2550hp is definitely not all what you can give. :) In a Korean set they can be much bigger. I don't know, but maybe it's due to adding a multiplier that can increase the limit.
[+] Spoiler
Conveyor Belts - more power!.PNG
Conveyor Belts - more power!.PNG (17.67 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Andrew350 wrote: 12 Jul 2020 21:20 I could do dates that way, though I'm almost certain I will get the same complaints of "not-enough-customization" as with RattRoads :P As for different belt graphics, that might be a good idea if I plan on making them era-specific, just have to find a design that still "moves" without looking too futuristic. We'll see how ambitious I get about it ;)
In the case of roads, this accuracy is much more significant, because thanks to this, the set can be adapted to the conditions of different countries, regions or even vehicles sets.
There, the literalness is advisable, here not necessarily. You will do as you see fit.
Andrew350 wrote: 12 Jul 2020 21:20 Making custom graphics for this would be interesting, I just don't know if it's worth the effort right now.
You can do dedicated depots even now. Stops, there are many indications that they will be able to be added soon. :) When it comes to marking one-way roads, I was thinking about something like this...
[+] Spoiler
Conveyor Belts - oneway gate.png
Conveyor Belts - oneway gate.png (58.26 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
This is a reworked graphic from Garry's rail waypoints. There might be signs instead of lights. There is a bit of a problem in this case with the asymmetry of your belts. I also don't know if this graphic can be divided into elements under and above the vehicle. As for the question "is it worth it", in my opinion it depends on how bored you are. ;)
I'm not any artist, but I could deliver such split gates with lights (flashing or not) or signs if you'd like to add them.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

I might just play an entire game with only conveyors and pipes!
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Do you plan to upload this to BaNaNaS at any point? I’d like to use this in a network game and avoid the hassle of sending people to get manual downloads. Not a big issue, but I’d love to see more people using this. :D
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Sure. I don't know if or when I'll get around to updating this, so I guess in the meantime I can put it on Bananas as-is. I'll do it later today :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”