Apollo Rocket Industry Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

No longer maintained. Dunno what gave people the idea it was.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11, the mission to put a man on the moon. To commemorate this mission I made an industry set which allows you to manage the logistics behind the world's most ambitious project to date.
Industry chain:
[+] Spoiler
Credits:
Coding: Erato
Graphics:
- Other: Erato
- Primary industries: The makers of OpenGFX
- Barge: Andythenorth and WoozyDragon4018
Special Thanks:
- Gwyd
- jfs
- Eddi
- Andrew350

Download:
apollo.grf
(134.37 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Also on BaNaNaS!

Changelog:
1.0 (16-07-2019):
Initial release

License:
This project is licensed under GPL v3.
[+] Spoiler
Feel free to continue this project without me. I can't get animations to work. There's plenty of animations ready to be implemented in the source. I just have no clue how it works.
Attachments
Apollo Source.rar
(195.11 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Last edited by Erato on 04 Oct 2021 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Apollo Rocket Industry Set

Post by planetmaker »

Nice! And how fitting launch date :) :bow:
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Well done!!
And indeed, what a nice date to release it :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

I have a problem with the rare earth metal mines. They always diasppear early in the game.
meason
Engineer
Engineer

Post by meason »

Hi there,

My son and I are new here and saw this and wanted to give it a try - looks amazing! But when we get it installed and try to play it, we can't figure out which type of train cars to use to transport the products.

Where do we get the train cars that can transport these products? Such as sand, electronics, rocket engines, etc. We've tried playing it in all of the game sets (arctic, desert, toy, normal), but don't see any cars that can transport it.

Hoping to play this soon! Please help us out so we can play :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

meason wrote: 25 Aug 2019 17:54 Where do we get the train cars that can transport these products?
The original OpenTTD only support original OpenTTD cargoes. You will need to download a NewGRF train set. All of the current train sets available from the in-game content download service should automatically support them.

If you like the original OpenTTD trains, then I suggest downloading OpenGFX+ Trains, which re-code the original trains to support all NewGRF industry cargoes. Other sets that you might also like to try include Iron Horse, 2CC Trains In NML, and NARS (North American Railroad Set), all of which provide a nice array of cargo trailers.
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

meason wrote: 25 Aug 2019 17:54 [...]
Where do we get the train cars that can transport these products? Such as sand, electronics, rocket engines, etc. We've tried playing it in all of the game sets (arctic, desert, toy, normal), but don't see any cars that can transport it.
[...]
You need another GRF that supplies vehicles, since the original ones only carry default cargoes. OpenGfx+ Trains is a recreation of the default trains, so I suggest you start with those.
nmota81
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nmota81 »

lostpawn wrote: 01 Aug 2019 08:32 I have a problem with the rare earth metal mines. They always diasppear early in the game.
I had that problem too!
Before you start developping this Industry, should know that the final result is disappointing!
After all the afford of producing Sillicon(Sand) and Rare Earth Metal, you get Electronics production (Electronics Factory).
The problem is the Rare Earth Metal thath or have very low production or disappear.

Steel(Steel Mill) is needed for Rocket Engines production in Rocket Engines Factory,
Spacecraft Factory, Rocket Factory, Lander Factory also need:
1- Rocket Engines(Rocket Engines Factory)
2- Steel(Steel Mil)
3- Electronics(Electronic Factory)

In spite of the 3 Factories need the same 3, if you put them together receiving, it wont work!

These 3 will produce very low (Spacecraft,Rocket Engines,Landers) which you will transport to the final
Launch Complex that only will produce a few Passangers nothing more.

So, you need massive ammouts of:
(Electronics)- Sillicon and Rare Earth Metal
(Rocket Engines) - Steel

I used 35 Trains and only produced 1500 Electronics and 200 Rocket Engines.

Cheat for Rare Earth Metal production: (You can do it on Iron Ore and Sand for massive production)
PAUSE GAME - (if not Rare Earth Metal will disapear)

Ctrl+Alt+C - Enable modifying production values
Advanced Settings - Enable Smooth Economy

Now you can modify the ammout of production that you want!

Disable the 2 cheats above and play!

stephend
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stephend »

lostpawn wrote: 01 Aug 2019 08:32 I have a problem with the rare earth metal mines. They always diasppear early in the game.
the problem is that the rare material mine production is always zero even when you buy just bought an new mine can someone please fix this problem this feature of the apollo rocket is amazing but this one problem is a real pita when you want to launch the rocket :bow: :bow: :bow: fix it please
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by andreasaspenberg »

it is not the only problem. rocket engine factories produces 0 in toyland(there is no steel there). rare earth metal mines shuts down if there is more than one nearby. they also shut down right at the start of the game across the map. electronics factories can not be built, because of a bug. they should be changed so that they do not require cities. the project needs a lot of work to be fully playable. at least it does not override the default industries so, i can still use the default indestries to make money. i hope that the developer can fix the bugs. one solution is to add iron ore mines and steel mills to the mod.

Return to “Graphics Releases”