GRF list items for ver 1.8.x

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

RJL
Engineer
Engineer

GRF list items for ver 1.8.x

Post by RJL »

I have asked this question before for ver. 1.7.x but now I'm looking for a GRF list for ver. 1.8.x.

It would be very useful to get a comprehensive list of entries which I can go through and 'customise'.

Can anyone help me here?

Tks
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: GRF list items for ver 1.8.x

Post by planetmaker »

RJL wrote:I have asked this question before for ver. 1.7.x but now I'm looking for a GRF list for ver. 1.8.x.

It would be very useful to get a comprehensive list of entries which I can go through and 'customise'.

Can anyone help me here?

Tks
The list would not look different than for 1.7... with maybe some NewGRFs having received updates which offer something they could not in 1.7, like more cargoes (though that's 1.9).
RJL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RJL »

Thanks for coming back to me. My problem is that when I load 1.8, although the opening screen is different from 1.7, I get exactly the same style industries, vehicles, etc. as with 1.7. I know there are changes eg. to farms, ports, loading terminals etc. and that's what I'm trying to get to.

RJL
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

RJL wrote:Thanks for coming back to me. My problem is that when I load 1.8, although the opening screen is different from 1.7, I get exactly the same style industries, vehicles, etc. as with 1.7. I know there are changes eg. to farms, ports, loading terminals etc. and that's what I'm trying to get to.

RJL
Defaults did not change at all. Concerning a particular NewGRF: the "big" ones (FIRS, ECS, TAI) have usually good changelogs which can even be viewed ingame from the grf config additional to their respective websites.

As it's virtually impossible to summarize "everything what changed in two years with all possible NewGRFs", I suggest that you ask questions about those which you actually use and interest you (we cannot know which those are) :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”