Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator
Posts: 5387
Joined: 13 Sep 2004 13:21
Location: The Moon
Contact:

Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by PikkaBird » 28 Jan 2019 01:57

A new version of everyone's favourite* aircraft set, av9.8!

The current version is 0.93, 6th of April 2019


Changes:

0.93:
- Increased the freight refit capacity of all aircraft by ~50%.
- Renamed the Horsell Freighter to the Howard Freighter, for analogous raisins.

0.92:
- Extended the model life of the Airship until the introduction of the Whirlwind, to create continuity of VTOL availability.

0.91:
- Halved the running costs of helicopters and the airship, to make them more viable.


0.9:
- Added Airship, Horsell Freighter (L100), Olympia Jumbo (747) and Olympia Universal (737).
- Removed Unity Skytrain (futuristic turboprop).
- Changed graphic set for Tudor Rose (was 727, now Il62) and GStar G300 (was 767, now A330).
- Slight stat rebalance (particularly, capacity increase for large aircraft).
- Reinstated av8 sound effects.

Available now from the fruitcart and in-game.
Attachments
989.png
Vehicle Roster 0.9
989.png (23.9 KiB) Viewed 4419 times


Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 160
Joined: 18 Jun 2016 19:05

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by Diesel Power » 20 Mar 2019 06:15

Just noticed the these aircraft now autorefit! Great idea! Makes backloads for cargo planes and airships much more efficient. Are you planning to make this set as extensive as av8? I liked how the graghics changed non passenger cargos. A few more cargo options would be great (looks odd carrying coal in a plane with windows!). How about adding a parameter to add/disable range on planes? I liked that restriction. This has just overtake av8 as my prefered aircraft set.
Great work!

User avatar
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator
Posts: 5387
Joined: 13 Sep 2004 13:21
Location: The Moon
Contact:

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by PikkaBird » 20 Mar 2019 06:54

One reason why there are so few aircraft in this set is I've always planned to replace the graphics with 32bpp/ez - the Av8 graphics are just a placeholder - and I don't want to give myself too much to draw. The other is, since the aircraft are now fictionalised, there's not really any sense in having dozens of planes with similar stats.

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 160
Joined: 18 Jun 2016 19:05

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by Diesel Power » 20 Mar 2019 07:59

Ah, that makes sense. Good plan.

uprrfan530
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 21:36

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by uprrfan530 » 04 Aug 2019 21:39

PikkaBird wrote:
20 Mar 2019 06:54
One reason why there are so few aircraft in this set is I've always planned to replace the graphics with 32bpp/ez - the Av8 graphics are just a placeholder - and I don't want to give myself too much to draw. The other is, since the aircraft are now fictionalised, there's not really any sense in having dozens of planes with similar stats.
Is there a (user friendly) way to disable or increase the Av8/9.8 aircraft range limits? I like to play on 4,000+ tile maps. It would be nice for a 747 to fly from NY to LAX non-stop.

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 160
Joined: 18 Jun 2016 19:05

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by Diesel Power » 05 Aug 2019 02:00

Last time I checked av9.8 aircraft had unlimited range. Only av8 had limits.

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6777
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by kamnet » 05 Aug 2019 04:09

uprrfan530 wrote:
04 Aug 2019 21:39
PikkaBird wrote:
20 Mar 2019 06:54
One reason why there are so few aircraft in this set is I've always planned to replace the graphics with 32bpp/ez - the Av8 graphics are just a placeholder - and I don't want to give myself too much to draw. The other is, since the aircraft are now fictionalised, there's not really any sense in having dozens of planes with similar stats.
Is there a (user friendly) way to disable or increase the Av8/9.8 aircraft range limits? I like to play on 4,000+ tile maps. It would be nice for a 747 to fly from NY to LAX non-stop.
Download Rangeless AV8, a modified version. viewtopic.php?p=1119745#p1119745

uprrfan530
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 21:36

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by uprrfan530 » 05 Aug 2019 17:07

Just removed av8 and applied av9.8 in game... now only 5 aircraft & one heli available in 1977??? no 747 (clone) at all?! any ideas or help?

uprrfan530
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 Aug 2019 21:36

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.92, 1/2/2019

Post by uprrfan530 » 05 Aug 2019 17:17

kamnet wrote:
05 Aug 2019 04:09
uprrfan530 wrote:
04 Aug 2019 21:39
PikkaBird wrote:
20 Mar 2019 06:54
One reason why there are so few aircraft in this set is I've always planned to replace the graphics with 32bpp/ez - the Av8 graphics are just a placeholder - and I don't want to give myself too much to draw. The other is, since the aircraft are now fictionalised, there's not really any sense in having dozens of planes with similar stats.
Is there a (user friendly) way to disable or increase the Av8/9.8 aircraft range limits? I like to play on 4,000+ tile maps. It would be nice for a 747 to fly from NY to LAX non-stop.
Download Rangeless AV8, a modified version. viewtopic.php?p=1119745#p1119745
I must be totally retarded... how the heck do I get the above rangeless av8 to apply to an in-progress game?

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 160
Joined: 18 Jun 2016 19:05

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by Diesel Power » 05 Aug 2019 17:56

It's generally not a good idea to change GRFs in game. It can corrupt the save or just crash the game.
av8 and av9.8 are very diffrent sets and are not interchangeable in a running game.

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6777
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by kamnet » 06 Aug 2019 03:54

Ditto, it is not advised to mess with the game settings to enable changing NewGRFs in a running game. The instant you do, it has the potential to corrupt the game in many ways which you might not even notice at first or for a long time.

User avatar
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 55
Joined: 09 Jul 2005 07:31
Location: Queensland, Austraila.

Re: Av9.8 aircraft set - version 0.93, 6/4/2019

Post by ssmit132 » 23 Aug 2019 12:51

Hi Pikka,

I've been trying this set recently over Av8 which I used to use all the time. I'm pleased to see that it is compatible with the Toyland climate :) However, for some reason, the original Powernaut Helicopter is still introduced in 1957. No other Toyland planes have this issue.
Av9_Powernaut.png
(126.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I imagine this isn't a high priority to fix since Toyland isn't a popular climate, but obviously this isn't supposed to happen and the Powernaut Helicopter is not balanced with the Av9.8 vehicles.
Image
Dan's Railroad Gif Roundhouse: http://www.trainweb.org/rrgifroundhouse/
Thanks to him for all the cars drawn above.

Really old stuff I did: British, Russian, Australian and Car Brand Town names: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=503237 Capital Cities of the World town names: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=350354

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests