[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (09.03.2021)

Post by dol422 »

They all look fine to me, although I prefer 2
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Good afternoon!
Update released
U&Bridges v 1.1
  • Change:
  • Continuous Span Girder Bridge ID 0B (only RAIL)
  • Modern Concrete Viaduct ID 0A (all)
  • Cantilever Bridge ID 08 (only ROAD)
  • Truss, Girder Bridge ID 07 (all)
  • Truss bridge ID 06 (except Maglev)
  • Some sprites reworked/improved
Some bridges are redesigned, which you can see in the game
BRIDGE_0B.gif
BRIDGE_0B.gif (850.33 KiB) Viewed 12299 times
BRIDGE_08.gif
BRIDGE_08.gif (80.14 KiB) Viewed 12299 times
And the full list of the bridge you can watch:
U&Bridge_v1.1.png
(2.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Will remain compatible with version 1.0
Enjoy it! :wink:
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

Great!
mxnp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mxnp »

Hey ufiby, many thanks for your effort making and updating these addons! I was surprised at how great the bridges look in game, the screenshots don't do it justice.

A suggestion if I may — I like how the new urban roads in U&RaTT v0.4-0.5 have the same sidewalk style independent of the town zone, however I do miss the grass sidewalk sometimes. Would you consider adding a grass verge/nature strip variant of the urban road?
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Hello Ufiby,

I'm having a few problems with the GRF... I am using it since the first versions (version 2, when it still had a tm in the name), now I'd like to update it, but sadly it doesn't seem possible. :cry:
If I update the GRF, it turns all my tramway tracks into road types, and highways into paved roads... it looks like the issue is in the road IDs.
Could you please make the update compatible with the ancient versions ? I really wouldn't like to start another game...
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Good day to all!
the screenshots don't do it justice
The broadcast is translated in a strange way, I did not understand
But, thanks anyway :)
A suggestion if I may — I like how the new urban roads in U&RaTT v0.4-0.5 have the same sidewalk style independent of the town zone, however I do miss the grass sidewalk sometimes. Would you consider adding a grass verge/nature strip variant of the urban road?
Version 2, I decided to remove it, it was a bad idea. It allows you to conditionally build only outside the city. I think the next version will come back and do that regardless of the city, but won't replace the existing ones by creating a new one
acs121 wrote: 11 Apr 2021 15:29
It was impossible. It is written that the incompatibility of versions between 2 and 4. Usually in the code I do not change, just adding road types.
[+] Spoiler
For example, OpenTTD will save not only all, but also types with a slot. So I changed added new road types

Code: Select all

OpenTTD savegame
v2				v4
1.Dirt road	->	1.Dirt road
			3.new road type
			4.new road type
..			..
10.Highway	->	10.Ashpalt road
			15.Highway	
I'm sorry that I'm forcing you to start a new game :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

ufiby wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:10 Good day to all!
the screenshots don't do it justice
The broadcast is translated in a strange way, I did not understand
Version 2, I decided to remove it, it was a bad idea. It allows you to conditionally build only outside the city. I think the next version will come back and do that regardless of the city, but won't replace the existing ones by creating a new one
acs121 wrote: 11 Apr 2021 15:29
It was impossible. It is written that the incompatibility of versions between 2 and 4. Usually in the code I do not change, just adding road types.
[+] Spoiler
For example, OpenTTD will save not only all, but also types with a slot. So I changed added new road types

Code: Select all

OpenTTD savegame
v2				v4
1.Dirt road	->	1.Dirt road
			3.new road type
			4.new road type
..			..
10.Highway	->	10.Ashpalt road
			15.Highway	
I'm sorry that I'm forcing you to start a new game :)
I should explain my problem more clearly - on any bridge set, TBRS or U&Bridges, and even vanilla bridges, sidewalks overlap the bridge texture, and I'd like to suppress this... And it seems the only way to do this is suppress U&RaTT. Or update it.
For the record, I am using JGR's patch pack, ver. 0.40.3
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ufiby wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:10 ...
A suggestion for sidewalks on bridges ...
1. For the roadtype and tramtype sprites, draw the bridge roads with no sidewalks.
then
2. Draw your bridge sprites with sidewalks.
#1 will satisfy bridge sets that are not wide enough for sidewalks
#2 will satisfy your bridges that are wide enough to have sidewalks.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Please specify what are the problems with the bridge ? Can you post a picture ?
Michpi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Michpi »

Hello!
Don't know was it intended or not, but it looks like U&Bridges 1.1 doesn't work with default Railroad/Electrified railroad and Road
1.jpg
1.jpg (54.79 KiB) Viewed 11678 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

ufiby wrote: 12 Apr 2021 16:45 Please specify what are the problems with the bridge ? Can you post a picture ?
Capture d’écran (5).png
(345.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Here. There are two bridges that have the sidewalk overlapping the texture. This problem doesn't occur when the road doesn't have sidewalks (in non-urbanized zones for ex.) this being said.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

acs121 wrote: 13 Apr 2021 16:47
ufiby wrote: 12 Apr 2021 16:45 Please specify what are the problems with the bridge ? Can you post a picture ?
Capture d’écran (5).png

Here. There are two bridges that have the sidewalk overlapping the texture. This problem doesn't occur when the road doesn't have sidewalks (in non-urbanized zones for ex.) this being said.
Ha, ugh, you still use the outdated (lost) roads downloaded from the direct forums on the first page. This problem is unlikely to be fixed. Use U&RaTT starting from version 0.1, which are available for download from bananas.
Michpi wrote: 12 Apr 2021 17:01 Hello!
Don't know was it intended or not, but it looks like U&Bridges 1.1 doesn't work with default Railroad/Electrified railroad and Road
1.jpg
To use with a vanilla game, as I understand it, should be no problem to use without the NRT set, but it was unpleasant. The problem will be solved soon.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

There was an update, but very small
U&Bridges v1.2
  • Nothing has changed, added vanilla Railroad/Electrified railroad and Road (the graphics are original TTD)
  • Fix: bridge ID 02 (align railway sprites)
There are disadvantages
  • Monorails partially or no more and no less suitable for vanilla
  • Maglevs are not suitable with a graph between the bridge and vanilla (you need to connect the newgrf U&ReRMM 2 set or other suitable graphs of the sets)
U&Bridges_1.2.png
U&Bridges_1.2.png (26.07 KiB) Viewed 11440 times
Enjoy
Michpi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Michpi »

Thank you
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

ufiby wrote: 13 Apr 2021 18:07
acs121 wrote: 13 Apr 2021 16:47
Capture d’écran (5).png

Ha, ugh, you still use the outdated (lost) roads downloaded from the direct forums on the first page. This problem is unlikely to be fixed. Use U&RaTT starting from version 0.1, which are available for download from bananas.
Michpi wrote: 12 Apr 2021 17:01 Hello!
1.jpg
To use with a vanilla game, as I understand it, should be no problem to use without the NRT set, but it was unpleasant. The problem will be solved soon.
Thanks, i'll go use this.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

I'll experiment with setting the speed limit on each rail.
UReRMM2_parametr.png
UReRMM2_parametr.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 11128 times
Quite satisfied ? :)
wicket-303
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wicket-303 »

ufiby wrote: 17 Apr 2021 19:20 I'll experiment with setting the speed limit on each rail.
UReRMM2_parametr.png
Quite satisfied ? :)
Wow!! This is really great!
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Update released
U&ReRMM 2 1.2
  • Deleting parameters:
  • Speed changes on the First normal rail
  • Speed changes on the Final normal rail
  • Speed changes on the First narrow-gauge rail
  • Speed changes on the Final narrow-gauge rail
  • Add parameters:
  • Added speed changes for each rail track
  • Added difficulty (construction and maintenance): easy
  • Changes:
  • The cost of maintenance is twice cheaper than the cost of construction
  • Fixed language translations (English, Russian)
Not savegame compatible with any previous version of U&ReRMM2 :!:

Now, you can change the speed of each railway at will.

Enjoy!
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (19.04.2021)

Post by LaChupacabra »

A very good change :) It was really missing. It's also nice that you added the version designation. :D I write this everywhere and I'm probably a little bit boring with it, but it's really helpful. Thanks. :)

What you may not have noticed are question marks in the settings window instead of a capital C. This only applies to the track add-on now. Roads and bridges are ok now.
U&ReRMM - wrong C.png
U&ReRMM - wrong C.png (7.73 KiB) Viewed 10908 times
Wishes... I have been preparing a longer list for a year, but I don't have time to finish it. :D But for the more important things, it would be nice if you add similar speed settings for roads. This would allow them to be adapted to different more regional scenarios. The sidewalks in the earlier versions were also really nice looking (2, 110). Currently, vehicles avoid slow roads (still not always), so maybe a pedestrian promenade with stairs on the driveways? (Maybe the road can be completely closed to traffic?)
And highways and other roads where houses cannot be built - it would be needed so the player not to be able to rebuild city roads into such roads. It would be best if it was an option, because in offline games it only bothers you, but online, on reddit2 servers and the map of Poland (probably also others) your roads are used and almost every time you can see a ghost town just because someone wanted "good" or he deliberately wanted to do something malicious.

If I have time, I will complete the full list of wishes and complaints and post it here. :) At most you will ignore it. ;)
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
mxnp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mxnp »

I was already happy with how you did the rail speeds, but it's a welcome update for sure!
LaChupacabra wrote: 19 Apr 2021 23:28 it would be nice if you add similar speed settings for roads
That would be good, I've always found it interesting when going for a more realistic speed, that the improved urban modern asphalt roads are as fast as my highways haha.
ufiby wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:10 The broadcast is translated in a strange way, I did not understand
Haha sorry, I just meant that you cannot tell how (good) it looks until you go in-game.
ufiby wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:10 Version 2, I decided to remove it, it was a bad idea. It allows you to conditionally build only outside the city. I think the next version will come back and do that regardless of the city, but won't replace the existing ones by creating a new one
That sounds good!

Edit #1
Just some feedback: I think the previous rail naming system made more sense, but that's just my opinion (maybe I'm just used to it) and you may disagree.

Return to “Graphics Releases”