[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

fridaemon
Director
Director

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (16.06.2020)

Post by fridaemon »

Gadg8eer wrote: 07 Jan 2021 23:52
perhaps instead of attacking, it would be appropriate to thank him for his work. He has no financial gain from it and does it for us, fans of this beauty openttd world.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

fridaemon wrote: 08 Jan 2021 08:11
Gadg8eer wrote: 07 Jan 2021 23:52
perhaps instead of attacking, it would be appropriate to thank him for his work. He has no financial gain from it and does it for us, fans of this beauty openttd world.
I guess. Thank you for your work, Ufiby. I don't want it to disappear, but...
Emperor Jake wrote: 22 Aug 2020 10:17 A completely unrelated question, where might I find the source code? :)
Please, whatever you may think about the frankenstein GRFs I create, don't tell Auge or Emperor Jake they can't have your source code. Neither of them have done anything wrong.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Let me be clear: I do NOT want your source, but it is illegal under GPL v2 to refuse Auge's request, or anyone's request, for your source code. Give Auge your source code, please, before I'm forced to make sure URaTT is removed from distribution for violating the terms of GPL v2.
Why are you crawling out on my boat? You don't understand. I don't refuse. I was just distracted. I'll send the author a private message, but you won't see it. Do you think that's stupid?
Yesterday I published Road Test.And why?
Exactly what was done, but they still can go on HWAY and any other roads.
So I wanted to help, how to get a horse not to drive on highways.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

You are clearly interfering with my identity, and making me feel annoyed. I think you're suspicious! I'll tell you a little. For a long time I went to design school and studied with Photoshop graphics. Now I know how to use it with a graph. On this topic you have assigned a picture with depots. Well it's similar, but not a copy. You just don't prove it. Jealous? I took the ISR tile and finalized it. And what about with TTRS, it doesn't exist here. Installed the license in order. And I am independently learning how to create GRF, NML and NFO(only bridges). Created the first road set, there were not 100% of my graphics. It was a test and accumulated experience. Now I don't need to take other people's grashics. Everything is created from scratch. How about U&rermm? I don't mind that other authors have taken my graphics in quality as objects and others.
P/S: I'll reveal a little to you, so you know I drew something
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ufiby wrote: 08 Jan 2021 08:27 Why are you crawling out on my boat? You don't understand. I don't refuse. I was just distracted. I'll send the author a private message, but you won't see it. Do you think that's stupid?
Yesterday I published Road Test.And why?
Exactly what was done, but they still can go on HWAY and any other roads.
So I wanted to help, how to get a horse not to drive on highways.
Fair enough. I won't bother you about it any more.
ufiby wrote: 08 Jan 2021 08:28 You are clearly interfering with my identity, and making me feel annoyed. I think you're suspicious! I'll tell you a little. For a long time I went to design school and studied with Photoshop graphics. Now I know how to use it with a graph. On this topic you have assigned a picture with depots. Well it's similar, but not a copy. You just don't prove it. Jealous? I took the ISR tile and finalized it. And what about with TTRS, it doesn't exist here. Installed the license in order. And I am independently learning how to create GRF, NML and NFO(only bridges). Created the first road set, there were not 100% of my graphics. It was a test and accumulated experience. Now I don't need to take other people's grashics. Everything is created from scratch. How about U&rermm? I don't mind that other authors have taken my graphics in quality as objects and others.
I'm not jealous, I swear. I'll back off, clearly there was a lot of miscommunication between us. Sorry for causing you stress.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

During I finished the bridge "cantilever".
Bridge ID 6
Bridge ID 7
Do you think I copied / stole the Australian truss bridge grashics?
Bridge ID 8
I am engaged in the bridge "suspended"
working with graphics is very simple?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
ufiby wrote: 08 Jan 2021 07:34 I don't agree with you. You just wanted to get my work and use it. I'm not giving it to you.
I was the one who requested your source code. I did this because you stated your set to be released under the terms of GPL 3 in the opening posting.

I cite you from there:
Credit
U&RaTT, UReRMM is a license : GPL 3
I cite the GPL 3:
4. Conveying Verbatim Copies.

You may convey verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium …

5. Conveying Modified Source Versions.

You may convey a work based on the Program, or the modifications to produce it from the Program, in the form of source code under the terms of section 4 …
Applying these rights, one as a user has, one is required to have access to the source code of the porgram. This is part of the GPL. So even if you would give me access via a private message (as stated in another posting) this would not fulfil the needs of the license because these rights belongs to every user of your GPL-ed sets.

This is not about stealing your really great work. You've chosen a very open license. Everybody should be able to do more or less anything one wants (use, study, modify, distribute), except she/he violates the terms of the license. My main concern is to study your code and possibly to adapt a few graphics for my precinct/pedestrian zone and a few of your beautyful depots (I did not decide it yet because I want to release my own set under the terms of GPL 2 what could cause another license issue).

So thank you in advance and tschö, Auge
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Auge wrote: 08 Jan 2021 11:35 Applying these rights, one as a user has, one is required to have access to the source code of the porgram. This is part of the GPL. So even if you would give me access via a private message (as stated in another posting) this would not fulfil the needs of the license because these rights belongs to every user of your GPL-ed sets.
I will disagree here. As long as Ufiby does provide you with a copy of the source code, he/she is free to choose the method of distribution. If sending it via PM is the way they choose, that's perfectly fine.

Also, per the license, once you have received it, you are also free to distribute it in any manner that you wish.
Gadg8eer wrote: 07 Jan 2021 21:08 Look, I respect your graphics work, but not only are your graphics not 100% original, but all NML code to be used with a NewGRF is automatically GPL v2. Provide the GPL v2 sources, that you are required to provide by law, or I will be reporting you to staff. That "loophole" defense was always bulls*** and you know it, enough is enough.
Let me be quite clear in regards to this - whether or not you believe another user here is not following the law, the owners/operators, admin and moderators are NOT obliged to do anything unless we are ordered to do so by a proper legal authority. If we do so outside of that authority, it is because we choose to do so out of the best interest of the community. And I've addressed this before - if you believe that an individual is violating the law, your path of remedy is within the law. Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency. As we're dealing with a license, if you are adamant about pursuing the terms of the license you should speak with a legal expert about your rights and what you can do to lawfully enforce them per the terms of the license.

Coming to these forums and re-starting drama is NOT the path of remedy, and will likely not get you what you seek. Issuing threats to other users that you have no way of enforcing is not going to give you what you want, it is also not going to endear you to other developers. It is assuredly a path to ostracization brought about by your own words and deeds. Tread lightly.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

was the one who requested your source code. I did this because you stated your set to be released under the terms of GPL 3 in the opening posting.
It's not about you. I'm talking about Gadg8eer.
If those who ask me for the source code, I would not refuse. Just the terms, submit to me for a PM if you want.
To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you
these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have
certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if
you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.
Gadg8eer force me to change the rules. It installed in bananas objects installed on GPL 2 license. So I don't agree with him.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

ufiby wrote: 08 Jan 2021 09:07 Do you think I copied / stole the Australian truss bridge grashics? Bridge ID 8
I steal a lot of stuff from others with GPL2 and GPL3 licence and show credit where I got it from. I often also contact them as well to show them some respect.

Every one in these forums more then welcome to steal any of my work, but just don't steel any of my money :D

So ufiby if you stole my bridge, your welcome to use it.

If any one sees any of my work in my forums and they would like the source just let me know.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Something I think people need to also keep in mind before pointing fingers at people and saying 'stolen artwork', is that yes, under GPL you can reuse something so long as the derivative work is GPL, but the artist can grant permission to someone and form a totally separate license agreement with another person to use their work as they see fit, and to even license that derivative as they see fit. Even in the wider world dual-licensing is a thing that exists. A particular work can be released multiple times under multiple licenses. It's not your job to start running around and policing other people! You have no way of knowing whether Sanchimaru explicitly gave permission to Ufiby to reuse art or use it as a template/basis for use!

And as someone who remembers when TTRS was first released, and worked with Zimmlock quite a bit; quite a lot of art was shared between artists between projects (George for instance with ECS), and initial TTRS releases were *not* GPL'd. Infact if you look at the current GPL'd TTRS sources they are only very rudimentally converted from a GRFCodec de-compile and converted over to the current Makefile based compilation system. Artists and set owners make all sorts of agreements in private between each other especially over a history that spans nearly twenty years on this forum!

and let's not even talk about openttd's own origins as arguably being a derivative work of ttd through decompilation and recompilation into c...
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kamnet wrote: 08 Jan 2021 12:17
Auge wrote: 08 Jan 2021 11:35 Applying these rights, one as a user has, one is required to have access to the source code of the porgram. This is part of the GPL. So even if you would give me access via a private message (as stated in another posting) this would not fulfil the needs of the license because these rights belongs to every user of your GPL-ed sets.
I will disagree here. As long as Ufiby does provide you with a copy of the source code, he/she is free to choose the method of distribution. If sending it via PM is the way they choose, that's perfectly fine.
You are right. @ufiby: sorry for that.

On the other hand it would be a much more simpler handling of requests if the sources are public available (at least in case of many requests). But that's up to Ufiby.

To state it here and now: Ufiby provided me the NML-sources meanwhile in a private message. Now I can begin to study the code. Thank you, Ufiby.

Tschö, Auge
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

It doesn't matter to me. Someone stole the graphics, I can't check everything, so don't pay attention. Simple and easy to download with bananas and encode not even one person.
I want the rules about licensing enforced equally. If coalroads had his finescale NuTracks removed, I want your roadset removed.
Give me an explanation, what's the matter?
I installed the license under GPL 3. Because I wanted to. And he force me to change my behavior it's not true.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Hi! Than I ended up with suspension bridges. ID 3 (Bridges completed 8 of 13 :) )
ID_3.png
ID_3.png (208.77 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
The next bridge will probably be a cable-stayed bridge. While I think about it.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

ufiby wrote: 10 Jan 2021 11:11 Hi! Than I ended up with suspension bridges. ID 3 (Bridges completed 8 of 13 :) )
ID_3.png
The next bridge will probably be a cable-stayed bridge. While I think about it.
Looks superb! I cannot wait!
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
switchcade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by switchcade »

Fantastic NewGRF set!

Is anyone else seeing weird behaviour with the U&ReRMM2 tunnel graphics?
uermm2_tunnels.jpg
uermm2_tunnels.jpg (179.16 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

switchcade wrote: 07 Feb 2021 22:36 Fantastic NewGRF set!

Is anyone else seeing weird behaviour with the U&ReRMM2 tunnel graphics?
Tunnel graphics in NRT is an issue. I started a discussion here.
switchcade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by switchcade »

Cool, I'll watch that thread. The thing that surprises me is that tunnels are rendered fine with U&ReRMM v1.0.2, so I wondered if there was a problem specifically with U&ReRMM2 v1c.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

switchcade wrote: 07 Feb 2021 22:36
Good morning! Most likely problems with the graphics of aBase and zBase. Obviously, the "empty" tunnels are not finished and have not been leveled. You need to contact the author who created the graphics. OpenGFX and TTD works great
UReRMM and UReRMM 2
They are different. UReRMM does not have tunnels installed, landscape tunnels belongs to the "ready" basic set of graphics. UReRMM 2 installed tunnel, join with "empty" tunnels.

P/S Try entering the Japan Tracks game with tunnels enabled along with the aBase/zBase graphics. Same thing problems
switchcade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by switchcade »

Excellent, yes zBase was the culprit in this case. I also realized that when using zBase, I had to use the OpenGFX BigGUI NewGRF to get a reasonable size for the buttons, but if I just switch the base set to OpenGFX then I can double the UI size in the main menu without the BigGUI NewGRF and everything is the right size. :D

Return to “Graphics Releases”