[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (16.06.2020)

Post by Wahazar »

I'm trying to fix my tram newgrf to allow horse trams spawn in non-electrified depots,
but it doesn't work:
tram_type: RAIL;

How to properly define tram which doesn't require catenary?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

McZapkie wrote: 22 Dec 2020 01:30 I'm trying to fix my tram newgrf to allow horse trams spawn in non-electrified depots,
but it doesn't work:

Shoot me a PM, I already did this with eGRVTS. I'd be glad to show you how it works if you're working on your own GRF, and I can provide source code if you're trying to modify eGRVTS.

EDIT: Check here... https://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NML:Vehicles ...for the ROADVEH_FLAG_TRAM, it has to go under misc_flags for the tram to work. If that's not the issue, you're still welcome to send me a PM!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Thanks for reply, I sent PM.
I regret that openttdcoop Development Zone is no longer used, very convenient centralized place for source and translation,
now it is hard to find newgrfs sources or to add translation :(
What is worse, I event can't push new source version to openttdcoop dev... authentication failed (I can still login from web using same id)
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

McZapkie wrote: 22 Dec 2020 16:04 Thanks for reply, I sent PM.
I regret that openttdcoop Development Zone is no longer used, very convenient centralized place for source and translation,
now it is hard to find newgrfs sources or to add translation :(
What is worse, I event can't push new source version to openttdcoop dev... authentication failed (I can still login from web using same id)
I would treat coop as dead or dying. As I read on coop discord, the main coop game servers are dead, and may or may not come back in 2021. Devzone was on life support and I'm not aware that anyone intends to (or will be able to) continue that.

If you have projects on coop it would be wise to move them somewhere else (usually to github). Sooner not later.

RIP OpenTTD Coop, it was a nice community, but nothing lasts forever, there are other places now :)
Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arnoud »

McZapkie wrote: 22 Dec 2020 01:30 I'm trying to fix my tram newgrf to allow horse trams spawn in non-electrified depots,
but it doesn't work:

unelectrified tram tracks are not available by default, so you need to define them first;

tramtypetable { RAIL } //adds unelectrified tram track

you only need to define ELRL if you want to exclude vehicles from it, it is enabled by default.
Then do what you allready figured out and add this to the coding for each horse tram;

Allso make sure you are using a version of nmlc that is compatible with NRT.
For an example of the source code you can look in the 2cc trams development thread on this forum.

Edit: it seems the windows binaries for nmlc are currently unavailable because they are allso hosted on openttdcoop, this is a copy of the nmlc fork for NRT that andythenorth created.
I didnt bother to remove some of the graphics I was working with btw.
Attachments
test.zip
nmlc for NRT windows version
(7.75 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Coder for the 2cc trams (passenger) and the 2cc cargo trams
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Problem with horse trams solved, I made silly mistake: roadtypes table, instead of tramtypes :)
But still no idea, how to implement feature with slow road vehicles which should not go along HWAY?
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

But still no idea, how to implement feature with slow road vehicles which should not go along HWAY?
Label: OFFR, HAUL

Installed label of default for the U&RaTT: ROAD, ELRD, OFFR, HAUL. Label for tram: RAIL, ELRL
For example "OFFR" it's tractors, horses, off-road vehicles and slow the vehicle
"HAUL" these are heavy duty cargo vehicles. Here
Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arnoud »

McZapkie wrote: 23 Dec 2020 13:03 Problem with horse trams solved, I made silly mistake: roadtypes table, instead of tramtypes :)
roadtypetable { OFFR, HAUL }

Then enable the slow vehicles for either or both of these labels.
It is not needed and not possible to define HWAY in I think in all roadsets so far.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Arnoud wrote: 23 Dec 2020 19:24 roadtypetable { OFFR, HAUL }
Exactly what was done, but they still can go on HWAY and any other roads.
Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arnoud »

McZapkie wrote: 23 Dec 2020 22:58
Arnoud wrote: 23 Dec 2020 19:24 roadtypetable { OFFR, HAUL }
Exactly what was done, but they still can go on HWAY and any other roads.
Yes I've been doing some reading on the matter and I think what you are trying to do is not currently possible.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

I started to build an own road set and studied the sources of Unspooled, RaTT-Roads, CountryRoads and Docklands. I also wish to study the sources of U&Ratt.

@Ufiby. please tell the whole audience (including me ;-)) where to find the sources of the set. I saw that you have a Github account. It would be a good place to provide the sources of the set(s).

Thank you in advance and tschö, Auge
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

McZapkie wrote: 23 Dec 2020 22:58
Hi! I tested the ROAD, OFFR, and HAUL tags. Everything works well with U&ratt and even without it.

Code: Select all

roadtypetable {
 	ROAD, OFFR, HAUL
 }
Download and test as you want )
Attachments
TestRoad.7z
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

Auge wrote: 26 Dec 2020 18:37 Hello

I started to build an own road set and studied the sources of Unspooled, RaTT-Roads, CountryRoads and Docklands. I also wish to study the sources of U&Ratt.

@Ufiby. please tell the whole audience (including me ;-)) where to find the sources of the set. I saw that you have a Github account. It would be a good place to provide the sources of the set(s).

ufiby wrote: 07 Jan 2021 16:59...
Ufiby, you have refused to provide your source to anyone. Your defense of this was "all my graphics are original so according to a loophole in GPL v2 I don't have to provide source", but I have taken an extensive look at your graphics and you have made use of graphics from ISR and/or TTRS3 in your GRFs.

Look, I respect your graphics work, but not only are your graphics not 100% original, but all NML code to be used with a NewGRF is automatically GPL v2. Provide the GPL v2 sources, that you are required to provide by law, or I will be reporting you to staff. That "loophole" defense was always bulls*** and you know it, enough is enough.
Attachments
Black & Co., 2021-01-02#1.png
Black & Co., 2021-01-02#1.png (24.02 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Ufiby, you have refused to provide your source to anyone. Your defense of this was "all my graphics are original so according to a loophole in GPL v2 I don't have to provide source", but I have taken an extensive look at your graphics and you have made use of graphics from ISR and/or TTRS3 in your GRFs.

Provide the GPL v2 sources, that you are required to provide by law, or I will be reporting you to staff. That "loophole" is bulls*** and you know it, enough is enough.
Are you really that stupid?

P/S: What do you want with me?
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ufiby wrote: 07 Jan 2021 23:06

Provide the GPL v2 sources, that you are required to provide by law, or I will be reporting you to staff. That "loophole" is bulls*** and you know it, enough is enough.
Are you really that stupid?

P/S: What do you want with me?
I want the rules about licensing enforced equally. If coalroads had his finescale NuTracks removed, I want your roadset removed.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

I want the rules about licensing enforced equally. If coalroads had his finescale NuTracks removed, I want your roadset removed.
That's I knew you were trying to get to me. It's none of your business.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ufiby wrote: 07 Jan 2021 23:47
That's I knew you were trying to get to me. It's none of your business.
Already reported you. I will find a way to make you follow the rules I'm expected to follow.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

I don't agree with you. You just wanted to get my work and use it. I'm not giving it to you.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ufiby wrote: 08 Jan 2021 07:34 I don't agree with you. You just wanted to get my work and use it. I'm not giving it to you.
I wasn't the one who asked for your source. I don't even want your source, I've managed to create NewObjects of your depots, without needing your source. I managed to make a GRF that alters the introduction dates and maximum speeds of URaTT, when loaded after URaTT, but which still requires your URaTT GRF to work.
Auge wrote: 26 Dec 2020 18:37 Hello

Let me be clear: I do NOT want your source, but it is illegal under GPL v2 to refuse Auge's request, or anyone's request, for your source code. Give Auge your source code, please, before I'm forced to make sure URaTT is removed from distribution for violating the terms of GPL v2.

Return to “Graphics Releases”