[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Post by ufiby »

U&RaTT - Adds new graphical roads to use the features supported by NRT. This set includes a wide selection of roads: unpaved, asphalt and "decorative" roads. It is compatible with any climatic conditions and also the movement of vehicles: right-hand and left-hand. Tramway and trolleybus tracks are available if you have connected other tram and trolleybus sets.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

U&RaTT: Mini - these kits belong to U&RaTT. Road (including trolleybus and tram) types, which are minimized to simplify the gameplay. Speed limits on each road and tramway are also regulated.

U&RaTT: Lighting v4 - Adds lighting on tram tracks to show how eye candy.

UMetro_NRT - adds a metro in the form of tram tracks. Compatibility "Dutch Metros as Trams V002" (on Bananas). Here

U&ReRMM 2 - this is a continuation from U&ReRMM, not only new sprites with graphics, add use of precombined overlay sprites. Railway types: standard rail, electrified rail, narrow gauge, 3rd rail, monorail and maglev.
Some train set supported: 2сс Train NML, Iron Horse 2 (recommended version 2.64.0 and later), NARS, UKRS 2, Dutch Trainset 2.1.0, Japan Set 3: Train*, also French Trains Set (Narrow Gauge). This function works correctly for standard and supported track sets.
Some Newgrf Train has its own "native" rails, it is recommended to disable everything.
[+] Spoiler

U&ReRMM 2: Mini - These sets belong to U&ReRMM 2. All railway tracks are kept to a minimum and remove all speed limits to simplify the gameplay. Second-hand (standardized rail-type scheme) railway sets are still compatible.

U&Bridges - Replaces the original graphics with new ones. These bridges must be connected to road and railway tracks
[+] Spoiler

U&GUI - replaces the original graphics with new icons and cursors, also increases by x1.5 (30x30 px)

All sets of supported versions of OpenTTD 13.0 and also JGRPP 0.51.0 and later. U&RaTT:Roadstop supported version of OpenTTD 14.0 and JGRPP.

Available to download through the online content BaNaNas:
U&RaTT 1.1
U&RaTT: Mini v6.1
U&RaTT: Roadstops 0.1
U&ReRMM 2 1.6
U&ReRMM 2: Mini v4
U&Bridges 1.5
U&Trees v2
U&GUI v2

I think, probably. You liked it. Enjoy

Credit
U&RaTT, U&RaTT: Mini, UReRMM is a license : GPL 3
The exception is UReRMM 2, U&ReRMM 2: mini and U&Bridges, which is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
Attachments
UMetro_NRT.grf
(164.89 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
URaTT_Lighting.grf
v5
(76.95 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Last edited by ufiby on 10 Feb 2024 13:49, edited 23 times in total.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (renewed)

Post by ufiby »

U&RaTT Added parametr
Heavy hauling road: Off/On
Heavy road you can drive on dirt, gravel, concrete and asphalt road. It is forbidden to drive on the field road, basic road, urban road and highway. :?:

Supports with kits HEQS(ratt)

Please answer if you have any questions

Sorry I'm not good with English. Use with translate :oops:
Attachments
U_RaTT.grf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 679 times
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

Looks nice. I hope to see RATT on it's way to OpenTTD trunk/master within a medium time. One question. You say:
ufiby wrote:For example not want see in game where the 1900 and before be asphalt roads, and 2000 and later - a dirt roads.
Does that mean, that a player is not able to build dirt roads after the year 2000? I like the idea to build a street connection between a mine and a railway freight hub with only a kind of dirt road, where "normal" busses and lorries can't run on, independent from the game year.

Tschö, Auge
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Does that mean, that a player is not able to build dirt roads after the year 2000? I like the idea to build a street connection between a mine and a railway freight hub with only a kind of dirt road, where "normal" busses and lorries can't run on, independent from the game year.
I don't turn off the dirt road after 2000, it's a separate road. The basic road changes depending on the year
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Whoaaa !
Man, really, this is an awesome NewGRF. I love urban roads and trams, at least they allow having concrete on the roads anyway !
I love the depot graphics, they're really well done.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I downloaded all of this and checked in game. It looks very beautiful and great. I will now apply all these types of roads in the game. Well thought out and done, ufiby :)) .
And I also really liked the depot graphics. And thank you for the translation into Russian. Abruptly :D .

If I will find any buges and graphic mistakes, I will write in this theme.

You can also add converted bridges for road types, any road objects as in the Dutch Road Furniture set :wink: .

Regards, STD.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
PNDA_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PNDA_ »

Hey. Looks cool so far, and is a great idea.
Also you seem to have changed some of the Roadvehicle Stations in your screenshots, that isn't possible as of my knowledge. Other thing is: do I need any patches to get different types of road or tram track?
Just one thing that I just noticed. On BaNaNaS you named the GRF with a "tm" at the end. Back in November 2018 these UTF-8 Characters caused some issues with BaNaNaS like its possibly doing now. Everytime anyone wants to upload something to BaNaNaS they will get a "Unhandled Exception". I know you can't edit the name yourself, I just wanted to point this out to you. Maybe try not to use non-UTF-8 characters anymore until it's fully compatible.
Read more on the GitHub Issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/6967
Hello!
ImageImageImage
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Just one thing that I just noticed. On BaNaNaS you named the GRF with a "tm" at the end. Back in November 2018 these UTF-8 Characters caused some issues with BaNaNaS like its possibly doing now. Everytime anyone wants to upload something to BaNaNaS they will get a "Unhandled Exception". I know you can't edit the name yourself, I just wanted to point this out to you. Maybe try not to use non-UTF-8 characters anymore until it's fully compatible.
Read more on the GitHub Issue: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/6967
Ok. Soon fix that, to remove the symbol "™"
Other thing is: do I need any patches to get different types of road or tram track?
Here
camvar97
Engineer
Engineer

Post by camvar97 »

please be aware that openttd-ratt is no longer available through the site. this mod cannot run without it. if you know the fix please let me know
vesgo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vesgo »

Hello Ubify, and thank you for the amazing work with your graphics. They are amazing.

Besides the amazing work i got an error with U&RaTT NewGRF:

Code: Select all

A fatal newGRF has occured: Unknown Action 0 property 0x16(sprite7)
I only have both your newgrf's inside for testing. Tested with both original and GFX graphics on nightly 06.02.2019.

Thank you once again for the amazing work, and by the way do you need the translation of your newgrf in portuguese? I would be glad to do so.
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

vesgo wrote:Hello Ubify, and thank you for the amazing work with your graphics. They are amazing.

I only have both your newgrf's inside for testing. Tested with both original and GFX graphics on nightly 06.02.2019.

Thank you once again for the amazing work, and by the way do you need the translation of your newgrf in portuguese? I would be glad to do so.

I have the same problem :(
camvar97
Engineer
Engineer

Post by camvar97 »

vesgo wrote:Hello Ubify, and thank you for the amazing work with your graphics. They are amazing.

same here please see my msg above... this mod will only work on openttd-ratt which i cant find anything on that is recent. last version of openttd-ratt that i can find is 1.6.1
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
vesgo wrote:Besides the amazing work i got an error with U&RaTT NewGRF:

As stated in the opening posting this GRF will only work with a NRT-build (NRT: Not Road Type) and not with the "normal" OpenTTD because NRT is currently not part of OpenTTD.

Read in the NRT-thread for details.

Tschö Auge
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Apparently NRT/RATT is just being moved to a new host. It'll be ready soon enough.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

SimYouLater wrote:Apparently NRT/RATT is just being moved to a new host. It'll be ready soon enough.
That is not the case, that link is tracking current development of NRT. It does not refer to "a new host" and does not mean pre-built binaries are being made.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arnoud »

camvar97 wrote:please be aware that openttd-ratt is no longer available through the site. this mod cannot run without it. if you know the fix please let me know
NRT is allso a part of the Joker patch , which can be downloaded at his youtube video, though the video itself seems outdated the patch seems to be in sync with openttd 1.8.0

link to jokers youtube video

=========================
This is exactly the kind of tram track graphics I was hoping for and more, thank you for making these.

One recommendation regarding the parameter settings though, by default unelectrified tram tracks are turned off, this mode is very buggy though; 1 type of unelectrified tramtrack is still available, has no speedlimit but looks like the slowest electrified track and perhaps most importantly it is not visually drawn over roads.
This had me very confused for a while if your newgrf was broken, untill I looked in the paramaters.

I would recommed turning different unelectrified tracks ON by default because that mode has no bugs and I think the type of player that plays NRT doesnt really mind the longer track type drop down menu, and they can still reduce it if they really want to by changing the parameter.
Coder for the 2cc trams (passenger) and the 2cc cargo trams
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

peter1138 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:Apparently NRT/RATT is just being moved to a new host. It'll be ready soon enough.
That is not the case, that link is tracking current development of NRT. It does not refer to "a new host" and does not mean pre-built binaries are being made.
andythenorth wrote:
kamnet wrote:This page is no longer found. Was this meant to be taken down, or an accident after the recent upgrades to the website and compile farm?
It's a side effect of the move to the new compile farm. The NRT fork is not currently built by the farm.

I don't know if the old binaries are still there on the mirrors, it's plausible that they are and we might be able to find the links to them, but I don't know if that will get done.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/6811
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Hi there!
I do not know what is missing OpenTTD Ratt
Don't worry. I have an archive Here
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

ufiby wrote:Hi there!
Is there a chance that you would release the rails under GPL v2?

If not, can you please make this set have a compatibility mode for using it with AuzTracks?
Licenses for my work...
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Don't forget to draw and include your custom toolbar icons. This looks a bit bland:

EDIT planetmaker: I split some off-topic discussion of the GUI and these sprites to viewtopic.php?f=26&t=84957
Last edited by planetmaker on 14 Mar 2019 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.

Return to “Graphics Releases”