French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CTarana45
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 16:03

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by CTarana45 »

I just installed the set into OpenTTD! :D The set is Excellent looking, and the manual installation was easier than downloading it. :D

Thanks, Snail!

Christopher Tarana
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

CTarana45 wrote: 28 Jul 2020 02:43 I just installed the set into OpenTTD! :D The set is Excellent looking, and the manual installation was easier than downloading it. :D

Thanks, Snail!

Christopher Tarana
Thank you for your kind words :)
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
User avatar
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Dec 2019 14:22

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Gadg8eer »

Snail wrote: 31 Jul 2020 03:16...
Thank you for your amazing work!

I found a bug when using this with Ufiby's any (thanks, uginbgood!) custom bridges...
Attachments
Hamilton & Co., 2200-01-02.png
Hamilton & Co., 2200-01-02.png (23.06 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Last edited by Gadg8eer on 27 Mar 2021 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
uginbgood
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 Oct 2018 18:10

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by uginbgood »

Gadg8eer wrote: 27 Mar 2021 05:04
Snail wrote: 31 Jul 2020 03:16...
Thank you for your amazing work!

I found a bug when using this with Ufiby's custom bridges...
this bug present on 2 types of rails. any bridge set.
Attachments
FNGTS.jpg
(530.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

uginbgood wrote: 27 Mar 2021 05:23
Gadg8eer wrote: 27 Mar 2021 05:04
Snail wrote: 31 Jul 2020 03:16...
Thank you for your amazing work!

I found a bug when using this with Ufiby's custom bridges...
this bug present on 2 types of rails. any bridge set.
Thanks for spotting that! Fixed in version 1.2.02 of the trackset. I also fixed a bug affecting an engine on the trainset.
Both files are available on the 1st post.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
User avatar
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Dec 2019 14:22

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Gadg8eer »

Snail wrote: 29 Mar 2021 01:05
uginbgood wrote: 27 Mar 2021 05:23
Gadg8eer wrote: 27 Mar 2021 05:04

Thank you for your amazing work!

I found a bug when using this with Ufiby's custom bridges...
this bug present on 2 types of rails. any bridge set.
Thanks for spotting that! Fixed in version 1.2.02 of the trackset. I also fixed a bug affecting an engine on the trainset.
Both files are available on the 1st post.
Thank you!

Would it be possible to add a parameter so that your narrow gauge trains only run on meter guage? Using this with Ufiby's tracks leads to... issues.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
uginbgood
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 3
Joined: 09 Oct 2018 18:10

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by uginbgood »

Snail wrote: 29 Mar 2021 01:05 Thanks for spotting that! Fixed in version 1.2.02 of the trackset. I also fixed a bug affecting an engine on the trainset.
Both files are available on the 1st post.
thanks for your attention, but bug wasnt fixed completely :(
Image
Attachments
not yet fixed.jpg
(237.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

uginbgood wrote: 29 Mar 2021 07:34 thanks for your attention, but bug wasnt fixed completely :(
Whoops :oops: should now be fixed for the heavy rails with catenary as well.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

Gadg8eer wrote: 29 Mar 2021 04:48 Would it be possible to add a parameter so that your narrow gauge trains only run on meter guage? Using this with Ufiby's tracks leads to... issues.
Hmm, you mean the trains in this set can run on standard gauge tracks as well?
I've tried my set (and nothing else) in a game with Ufiby's tracks, and it looks like I can only build narrow gauge tracks:

Can only build narrow gauge tracks...
Can only build narrow gauge tracks...
ttd210329.png (72.76 KiB) Viewed 287 times

What are you seeing on your end?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
User avatar
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Dec 2019 14:22

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Gadg8eer »

Snail wrote: 30 Mar 2021 04:04
Gadg8eer wrote: 29 Mar 2021 04:48 Would it be possible to add a parameter so that your narrow gauge trains only run on meter guage? Using this with Ufiby's tracks leads to... issues.
Hmm, you mean the trains in this set can run on standard gauge tracks as well?
No, I meant that Ufiby's narrow guage tracks are wider than your meter guage tracks; It would make sense if Ufiby's NG is 1372mm and supported default narrow guage trains (like those of Iron Horse), yours were meter gauge as you intended, and the 600mm/500mm narrow guage trains are also as they are described.

Basically, three different NG track types are easily supported by the 64 tracktypes, and although I understand a lot of people like ease of use or a small tracktype menu, it probably wouldn't be too hard to add a parameter to allow your French meter-guage trains to only run on dual/tri/omni-gauge and meter guage tracks.
Snail wrote: 30 Mar 2021 04:04 I've tried my set (and nothing else) in a game with Ufiby's tracks, and it looks like I can only build narrow gauge tracks:

What are you seeing on your end?
You've got the same thing I do.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

Gadg8eer wrote: 30 Mar 2021 07:25 No, I meant that Ufiby's narrow guage tracks are wider than your meter guage tracks; It would make sense if Ufiby's NG is 1372mm and supported default narrow guage trains (like those of Iron Horse), yours were meter gauge as you intended, and the 600mm/500mm narrow guage trains are also as they are described.

Basically, three different NG track types are easily supported by the 64 tracktypes, and although I understand a lot of people like ease of use or a small tracktype menu, it probably wouldn't be too hard to add a parameter to allow your French meter-guage trains to only run on dual/tri/omni-gauge and meter guage tracks.
I see what you mean now. It looks like Ufiby's narrow gauge tracks are a slightly narrower variant of the default TTD tracks; I went for a more "finescale" approach instead, consistently with what MB is doing for his set.

The problem here is that both Ufiby and I follow the standard labeling system for rail tracks, which means my meter-gauge tracks his narrow-gauge tracks share the same label. This is what allows French metric-gauge trains to run on his narrow gauge tracks. Differentiating my tracks from his would require a major change in my set, coz I'd have to change all the labels on my tracks and vehicles. With obvious issues of backward compatibility.

Although you do have a point, I don't think I have the time to do it now. I only have limited time to spend on OTTD, and a few other things are already on my list.
As an idea, though, I do admit it'd be interesting to have more than one narrow-gauge types of tracks. I've always seen Ufiby's NG tracks optimized for Japanese trains (1.067m gauge), since their speed limits are incredibly high for anything that ran on metric tracks in Europe.

But then again, if we did that, we'd soon fill up all the 64 available slots, which means we'd have to go back begging the OTTD developers to add more :twisted:
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
User avatar
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Dec 2019 14:22

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Gadg8eer »

Snail wrote: 30 Mar 2021 22:56
Gadg8eer wrote: 30 Mar 2021 07:25 No, I meant that Ufiby's narrow guage tracks are wider than your meter guage tracks; It would make sense if Ufiby's NG is 1372mm and supported default narrow guage trains (like those of Iron Horse), yours were meter gauge as you intended, and the 600mm/500mm narrow guage trains are also as they are described.

Basically, three different NG track types are easily supported by the 64 tracktypes, and although I understand a lot of people like ease of use or a small tracktype menu, it probably wouldn't be too hard to add a parameter to allow your French meter-guage trains to only run on dual/tri/omni-gauge and meter guage tracks.
I see what you mean now. It looks like Ufiby's narrow gauge tracks are a slightly narrower variant of the default TTD tracks; I went for a more "finescale" approach instead, consistently with what MB is doing for his set.

The problem here is that both Ufiby and I follow the standard labeling system for rail tracks, which means my meter-gauge tracks his narrow-gauge tracks share the same label. This is what allows French metric-gauge trains to run on his narrow gauge tracks. Differentiating my tracks from his would require a major change in my set, coz I'd have to change all the labels on my tracks and vehicles. With obvious issues of backward compatibility.

Although you do have a point, I don't think I have the time to do it now. I only have limited time to spend on OTTD, and a few other things are already on my list.
As an idea, though, I do admit it'd be interesting to have more than one narrow-gauge types of tracks. I've always seen Ufiby's NG tracks optimized for Japanese trains (1.067m gauge), since their speed limits are incredibly high for anything that ran on metric tracks in Europe.

But then again, if we did that, we'd soon fill up all the 64 available slots, which means we'd have to go back begging the OTTD developers to add more :twisted:
Fair enough! Thanks for considering it.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
User avatar
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1268
Joined: 28 Apr 2003 18:52
Contact:

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge v1.1: Release Thread

Post by Snail »

The trainset now supports FIRS 4.0.0. The following cargo types have been added:

Metals: Alloy Steel, Aluminium, Carbon Steel, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Steel Sections, Steel Sheet, Steel Wire Rod
Liquids: Ammonia, Cleaning Agents, Coal Tar, Oxygen, Sodium Hydroxide, Paints & Coatings (the latter appears to work exactly like ECS' Dyes... why the heck did we need a new cargo type for it? :roll: )
Bulk cargo: Carbon Black, Ferrochrome
Piece goods cargo: Plastics, Tyres, Vehicle Engines

All deprecated cargo types remain coded, to preserve backward compatibility.

Downloadable from the first page of this thread. Other than this, the new version doesn't include any bug fixes or new features, so if you don't use FIRS, don't bother.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests