NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY SET (v1.0.6M) (2022)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Re: NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY SET (v1.0.6)

Post by Maddog45353 »

Hope you update it so you remove minerals from power stations love to use it on my server and avoid mentioning it to everyone who joins or wasting money on it.
LoneBlackWolf
Mackerel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mackerel »

This set is great fun - but in combination with the 4K US and Canada map, I'm wondering how to keep its economy afloat?

Multiple industries disappear every single month, making long-term planning very difficult. Is there any way to implement something like the "Manual industries" newGRF, such that closures can be ceased and players can service industries before they disappear?

My game was going great until the GMD plant in London, ON shut down due to supply issues ;( :lol:
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Iron works accepts coal, but it is not mentioned anywhere . And, of course, the transport of coal will not even affect production, although it will pay for it.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Mackerel wrote: 29 Dec 2019 22:36 This set is great fun - but in combination with the 4K US and Canada map, I'm wondering how to keep its economy afloat?

Multiple industries disappear every single month, making long-term planning very difficult. Is there any way to implement something like the "Manual industries" newGRF, such that closures can be ceased and players can service industries before they disappear?

My game was going great until the GMD plant in London, ON shut down due to supply issues ;( :lol:
Disable industry closing in the newgrf parameters :)
jakubiszon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jakubiszon »

Multiple industries disappear every single month
I don't see that as a problem. You can always fund a new one. I wonder though why aren't there any new industries appearing on this scenario?

I also have a question about Machine Shops and Vehicle Plants - they both accept the same cargo but have different production rules - one works on max efficiency with any cargo the other needs all 3 for optimal production. Maybe the description of these industries could be made more specific? Which one can return more machinery when every cargo type is delivered?
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I am loving this set! Together with the NARS set, it's like a whole new game.

I have one weird issue: did any of the cargos brought over from FIRS get their ID numbers or something changed? The reason I'm asking is I'm using the Balanced City Growth script by kormer, which is FIRS compatible and asks for specific cargos to be delivered to a city each month in order for it to grow. Several larger cities now want FICR (which was plant fibres in FIRS but I think is fibre crops here) delivered, but they have nowhere that accepts it. Is this the Balanced City Growth asking for something else like fuel but because the ID was changed, it's confused?

Like, from the list here:
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... rence.html

Sorry if that makes no sense at all. I'll try and test this when I have time.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
LoSboccacc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LoSboccacc »

has someone a production chain overview available? the zip attached lacks the dot/svg file and the chain info in game only shows one level of input/outputs
LoSboccacc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LoSboccacc »

where is the source for this hosted? I wanted to change around a couple things.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY SET (v1.0.6M) (2022)

Post by NekoMaster »

FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Get the updated power plant fix in the first post, or get it from the online content downloader in game!

**ALSO**
A bit late in replying but the Cargo Flow stuff was in the first post since I last updated NAIS Here
LoSboccacc wrote: 18 Aug 2021 16:16 has someone a production chain overview available? the zip attached lacks the dot/svg file and the chain info in game only shows one level of input/outputs
THOUGH I did make sure to upload a new version of the cargo flow documentation just in case, just check the bottom of the first post for the updated mod and documentation files.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
spartanfox01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spartanfox01 »

https://imgur.com/MrRhMKy I've grew up in an area with a ton of dairy farms and worked on several as well in the US. It would make more sense for the dairy to look like this. Very little Livestock because you rarely ever use a dairy cow for that purpose. Also fertilizer is produced in LARGE quantities. Then making fiber crops a large portion of their diet. This goes well with grain industries because grain types are the only thing grown in dairy areas. At least in the northern dairy farm areas.

Just a suggestion I didn't know where else to put it.
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

Hi, for some reason the cargo flow chart from CARGO_FLOW_STUFF.zip in your first post doesn't seem to work.
Boilermaker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boilermaker »

I'm late to this party, but if you ever consider a new revision...
A separate bauxite mine (aluminum ore) would add to realism. Getting it from a coastal bulk terminal makes sense in present day, but prior to ~1980 it was mined inland:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauxite_m ... ted_States
NatRobloxian1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NatRobloxian1989 »

the cargo flow chart is broken does anyone have the files for it to work

Return to “Graphics Releases”