Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:01 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On

Licensed under GPL v2. Source Code can be found here!

Why Quicksilver?
The Quicksilver locomotive was made (with Pikkabird's permission) because Iron Horse does not and will not have an included streamlined steam engine, and was the original scope of this Add-On. We've since expanded the scope a bit.

Why Version 5.X so soon?
The versions between 1.0 and 1.7, plus the ones between 1.9 and 2.9 were for testing the coding, leaving a huge gap from unreleased versions that weren't quite up to the standard. This continued with skipped versions until we had 4.X available now.

Furthermore, I was too loose and fast with compiling. 4.3 is the first 4.X version that didn't have horrible glitches in the graphics, and subsequent lack of testing (feel free to complain) led to 5.4 being essentially a re-upload of 4.3... Hopefully it's fixed now!

What happened to the Combine Car?
It's meant to work with Iron Horse 2.X, which does not include Double Juice, Cargo Sprinter or Cyclops. Since the Combine Car was based on a North American Combine Car, I removed it from the Add-On.

Is Iron Horse 2.X out yet?
As of this writing, no. Feel free to hide the Double Juice, Cargo Sprinter and Cyclops while using this set with Iron horse 1.9.1 to prevent duplicates.

EDIT: Newest version has stats better balanced against Iron Horse.

Thanks to...

Pikkabird (For using his graphics)
Gwyd (For helping to code the graphics and handling the graphics alignments)
acs121 (For upcoming engines)

Download

Attachment:
File comment: v5.7, includes NewGRF and license. See above for Source Code.
qs5.7.zip [30.51 KiB]
Downloaded 4 times

Also available on BaNaNaS.

Attachments:
File comment: Image Preview
Roster.png
Roster.png [ 5.03 KiB | Viewed 545 times ]

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Last edited by SimYouLater on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 30 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Source updated!

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:23 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I corrected the graphical glitches seen in the following images for 3.2 of Quicksilver.

Attachments:
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_28_1946.png
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_28_1946.png [ 9.6 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_30_1946.png
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_30_1946.png [ 9.77 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:18 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I really need to double-check compiled NewGRFs. 3.7 should be the latest now, I don't recommend using earlier versions because I uploaded in a rush and didn't realize it hadn't compiled.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

v4.3 is now available. BaNaNaS upload incoming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:08 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

v4.8 has been uploaded. Huge jump for a tiny sprite alignment because I'm an idiot who can't keep track of his code.

EDIT: 5.1, because I'm still getting the hang of sprite alignments

EDIT 2: 5.4, because I am very confused by the sprite alignment tool. I reverted to the 4.X sprite alignments and gave up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

5.5 has been uploaded, with minor sprite adjustments. Fortunately, this time I tested it!

EDIT: Minor sprite correction, though I'm sure of the sprite alignments this time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Updated to 5.7, should be the last change for now.