Gwyd's French Trainset

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Gwyd's French Trainset

Post by acs121 »

Hello,

Just a question : do you plan on making tram-trains too ? I'd really love to see the Siemens Avanto S70 and the Citadis Dualis in the trainset. I think they would make a good fit on some small urban lines even if you use it for gameplay and not realism.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

acs121 wrote: 20 Jul 2019 23:17 Hello,

Just a question : do you plan on making tram-trains too ? I'd really love to see the Siemens Avanto S70 and the Citadis Dualis in the trainset. I think they would make a good fit on some small urban lines even if you use it for gameplay and not realism.
I looked at your suggested tram-trains and I have to say I agree they would make an interesting addition to the set.

In other news, I thought I should give some sort of changelog on what I've done between the initial release and now (0.4 I guess):

-Added 1,5kV DC track type
-Added BB 17000
-Added BB 27300
-Added Z 57000
-Added RIB
-Re-balanced costs of trains
-Fixed any erroneous purchase sprites

All available on BaNaNaS.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I'm having trouble getting Some Trains In France to work in any version of OpenTTD! The Track button is grayed out and there are no available Trains! I'm using the newest version of OpenTTD!

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

CTarana45 wrote: 12 Aug 2020 15:18 I'm having trouble getting Some Trains In France to work in any version of OpenTTD! The Track button is grayed out and there are no available Trains! I'm using the newest version of OpenTTD!

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana
Yeah this is because this set is by no means complete (and probably never will be), and shouldn't be used without any other set loaded (I recommend Dutch trains). There aren't enough trains over enough time periods to really enjoy this set stand-alone. Sorry about that
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

That's okay!

Christopher Tarana
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Gwyd wrote: 05 Jul 2019 21:43 I've been doing a bit more work on some French trains including but not limited to;
-More "Nez cassé" design locomotives for the mainline such as the BB 15000
-2N NG multiple units
-Some more passenger coaches, particularly for use in push-pull trainsets

Edit: here's something to actually show for it
nez_casse_showcase.png
Hello Gwyd,

It's been a long time you haven't given any news from this set...
Not to urge you about releasing something that isn't ready for this, but how is this update going so far ?
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

It's been a while since I've worked on this NewGRF, and its unfortunately not in a very complete state. Since I'm not sure when I'll next do work on it to a point where its ready for a release, I'll share a pre-release version here.

To install this file, put it in your .../Documents/OpenTTD/newgrf folder

It should contain the TER 2N NG and Z9600. There may also be some issues with some track types, but like I said, I don't know when I'll next be able to fix it. Locomotives including the BB8500, BB17000, BB25500, BB9300, BB16000, BB25200, BB7200, BB15000 and BB22200 were in progress but the code is not complete. Additionally corail coaches, V2N coaches and RRR sets will be implemented with push pull capability when the locomotives are done.

EDIT: GWR WiFi didn't seem to like me uploading the file, will come in the morning
Last edited by Gwyd on 15 Jun 2021 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Oh, you plan on adding RRRs ! :D
That's good news even if you don't complete it :wink:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Gwyd wrote: 15 Jun 2021 10:13 It's been a while since I've worked on this NewGRF, and its unfortunately not in a very complete state. Since I'm not sure when I'll next do work on it to a point where its ready for a release, I'll share a pre-release version here.

To install this file, put it in your .../Documents/OpenTTD/newgrf folder

It should contain the TER 2N NG and Z9600. There may also be some issues with some track types, but like I said, I don't know when I'll next be able to fix it. Locomotives including the BB8500, BB17000, BB25500, BB9300, BB16000, BB25200, BB7200, BB15000 and BB22200 were in progress but the code is not complete. Additionally corail coaches, V2N coaches and RRR sets will be implemented with push pull capability when the locomotives are done.

EDIT: GWR WiFi didn't seem to like me uploading the file, will come in the morning
Hello,

I guess you forgot to upload the file as it failed the first time you tried to upload it. :lol:

Could you please upload it when you have free time ?
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Here it is, the French additional passenger pack
Attachments
FAPP.grf
(28.92 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon