[OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 700
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Gwyd » 26 Nov 2018 18:37

We plan to bring in LU stock very soon, but as for Glasgow stock I'm not so sure

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 432
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 11:06
Location: Ukraine

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Tony Pixel » 27 Nov 2018 13:36

It will look nice in game I think, here is my try.
Attachments
Glagow_Subway.png
Glagow_Subway.png (15.69 KiB) Viewed 4747 times
Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, NML coder. My projects:
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Over-sized Train Set | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set

I use GPLv2+ license.

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 02 Dec 2018 09:31

Tony Pixel wrote:Magnificent. Will there be any of RT vehs, like LU or Glasgow stock?
Not in this update, but we have the D Stock in the works...

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 13 Jan 2019 02:20

I noticed that there was an update on bananas, keep up the good work!

I'm wondering whats next for this pack, any more updates being worked on at the moment?

Thanks

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 15 Jan 2019 13:24

willsym22 wrote:I noticed that there was an update on bananas, keep up the good work!

I'm wondering whats next for this pack, any more updates being worked on at the moment?

Thanks
I know that Gwyd has some plans regarding some London Underground stock (and tracks maybe!), other than that I think it's on hold for a bit.
Though in the long term plan I'm aiming to add classes 20, 31, 90, 150, and also some more wagons hopefully.

Other than that probably some more bug fixes to come.

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 15 Jan 2019 22:47

Will the mark 3s come with some sort of anglia livery? Greater anglia possibly?

What liveries will the 150 come with and is it just a /2?

Keep up the good work!

User avatar
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 6608
Joined: 22 Jan 2005 19:31
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Redirect Left » 16 Jan 2019 04:14

First time i've checked into this since the early days of it start. Nice to see how far its come, and hopefully it'll continue at pace, with pacers i do hope!
Image
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 700
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Gwyd » 24 Jan 2019 20:57

Redirect Left wrote:First time i've checked into this since the early days of it start. Nice to see how far its come, and hopefully it'll continue at pace, with pacers i do hope!
Good news for you: there already are some Pacers!

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 06 Feb 2019 21:58

One suggestion after some playing with the new set, a setting where you can reduce the train running costs as they currently seem too high.

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 12 Mar 2019 16:10

Been doing a lot of work recently, and here's a promo image to show some new stuff!
We've got much more planned to come in the near future, and an update should be released hopefully sometime in April

Image

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 12 Mar 2019 16:14

willsym22 wrote:One suggestion after some playing with the new set, a setting where you can reduce the train running costs as they currently seem too high.
I added a parameter for such an option in the latest update. We've also got some Anglia stock coming in the next update, to answer your request earlier.

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 12 Mar 2019 17:35

FulliAutomatix wrote:
willsym22 wrote:One suggestion after some playing with the new set, a setting where you can reduce the train running costs as they currently seem too high.
I added a parameter for such an option in the latest update. We've also got some Anglia stock coming in the next update, to answer your request earlier.
Thanks very much!
Keep up the good work!

User avatar
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5623
Joined: 07 Feb 2004 01:51
Location: East Coast MainLine

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Kevo00 » 15 Mar 2019 17:02

Looks like great progress!

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 700
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Gwyd » 01 Apr 2019 18:04

So it's one year after initial release, and we've got an update: v1.0. This release is the accumulation of a year's work on this GRF, and we're now happy to say that it is a fully playable add-on, with the ability to carry all cargoes and a wide range of choice of traction.

Additions
  • EE Type 1
    EE Deltic
    BREL "58"
    Brush Type 2
    Brush Type 4
    BREL 90
    BREL Sprinter "/0 & /1"
    BREL Sprinter "/2"
    ABB Networker Turbo
    Hitachi High Speed "Intercity Express Train"
    BR Mark 1 EMU (OHLE)
    BREL AC Express
    BREL AC Express "Bed-Pan"
    Hitachi High Speed "A-Train"
    Metro-Cammel D78 Stock
    Numerous freight wagons

Changes
  • Second Generation EMU liveries no longer depend on the length of the trains
    EE Type 3 code reworked
    Industry generation for the Additional GRF fixed
New version of the GRF and the additional industry part will be uploaded to BaNaNaS imminently

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 01 Apr 2019 20:30

Excellent update as always!!! Looking forward to more releases in the future!

Few things to note:
317s dont like working in multiple, comes up with an error message when in 8 or 12 car variants.
315s, when selecting TFL rail, it actually comes up with London Overground,
150s seem a little sluggish, not sure whether that's accurate however
It would be nice if the pacers can couple up to 150s, 156s for northern formations.
317 liveries are a little off, Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx/One, and Abellio Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx white with blue doors,
322 First Great Eastern i believe is meant to be First Scotrail?

Other than these minor bugs, im very impressed and thankful for these updates!

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 04 Apr 2019 16:01

willsym22 wrote:Excellent update as always!!! Looking forward to more releases in the future!

Few things to note:
317s dont like working in multiple, comes up with an error message when in 8 or 12 car variants.
315s, when selecting TFL rail, it actually comes up with London Overground,
150s seem a little sluggish, not sure whether that's accurate however
It would be nice if the pacers can couple up to 150s, 156s for northern formations.
317 liveries are a little off, Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx/One, and Abellio Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx white with blue doors,
322 First Great Eastern i believe is meant to be First Scotrail?

Other than these minor bugs, im very impressed and thankful for these updates!
Thanks so much for the feedback!
Though I have given the sprinters a bit more power, I was going off of their real life stats, so they're meant to be like that.
For the pacers I couldn't remember if they were used in multiple with sprinters, but I've also fixed that now.
We're hoping to get another release out soon fixing these issues.

Think I'll send it to you to check on anything else first too if you're willing to help.

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by willsym22 » 04 Apr 2019 17:14

FulliAutomatix wrote:
willsym22 wrote:Excellent update as always!!! Looking forward to more releases in the future!

Few things to note:
317s dont like working in multiple, comes up with an error message when in 8 or 12 car variants.
315s, when selecting TFL rail, it actually comes up with London Overground,
150s seem a little sluggish, not sure whether that's accurate however
It would be nice if the pacers can couple up to 150s, 156s for northern formations.
317 liveries are a little off, Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx/One, and Abellio Greater Anglia comes up with NatEx white with blue doors,
322 First Great Eastern i believe is meant to be First Scotrail?

Other than these minor bugs, im very impressed and thankful for these updates!
Thanks so much for the feedback!
Though I have given the sprinters a bit more power, I was going off of their real life stats, so they're meant to be like that.
For the pacers I couldn't remember if they were used in multiple with sprinters, but I've also fixed that now.
We're hoping to get another release out soon fixing these issues.

Think I'll send it to you to check on anything else first too if you're willing to help.

Yeah im fully willing to help on testing things when im needed!
Thanks!

User avatar
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5623
Joined: 07 Feb 2004 01:51
Location: East Coast MainLine

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Kevo00 » 04 Apr 2019 21:35

Just fired up this set and given it a go for the first time...love the realistic 37 noises, even the purring when its idling!

Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 13
Joined: 11 Jul 2018 19:08

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Lex-Pelham » 06 Apr 2019 10:47

Hey guy, just downloaded the most recent updated NewGRF of the RUKTS, and I would like to say its well done. However, there two bugs that needs to be address.

First, the BREL HST and BREL Mark 3 Carriage needs fixing. If you check out the picture below, you will notice the train set on the line is completely different from those on the Vehicle Purchase List.

Second, the BR Compartment EMU, which was introduced as an EMU in 1964, changes to a locomotive set in the Vehicle Purchase List in the year 2000. The EMU looks fine on the rails, but its the display in the Purchase List is wrong.

Overall, your set looks very well. Please keep up the good work.

Thank you and have a nice day
Attachments
HST and Mk 3 carriage issue.PNG
(174.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BR Compartent EMU fix up.PNG
(175.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet

User avatar
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Aug 2014 12:20
Location: Kaon Prison, Cybertron

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix » 06 Apr 2019 11:05

Lex-Pelham wrote:Hey guy, just downloaded the most recent updated NewGRF of the RUKTS, and I would like to say its well done. However, there two bugs that needs to be address.

First, the BREL HST and BREL Mark 3 Carriage needs fixing. If you check out the picture below, you will notice the train set on the line is completely different from those on the Vehicle Purchase List.

Second, the BR Compartment EMU, which was introduced as an EMU in 1964, changes to a locomotive set in the Vehicle Purchase List in the year 2000. The EMU looks fine on the rails, but its the display in the Purchase List is wrong.

Overall, your set looks very well. Please keep up the good work.

Thank you and have a nice day
Well, you're actually using a very old version there, and not the latest. The issue with the BR Compartmeny EMU was fixed in December last year, the HST bug there I've never heard of before, and you're missing a lot of the newer trains.
Try going to your GRF settings and click "Upgrade" to make all the GRFs their latest version. Or remove RUKTS from your GRF list and then add it back again.

Your purchase list should look a bit like this in the latest version
[+] Spoiler
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest