[OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix »

304 001 wrote: 05 Dec 2020 01:15 I am new to OpenTTD and only just found this thread (been playing Locomotion all these years, but wanted a change). Any chance of adding Class 304 and Class 310, if they are not already in the set please?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_304

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_310

I have fond memories of riding both in the 1980's and 1990's around the midlands, before the Centro 323's replaced them.
I'll put it forward, I doubt it will make it through though. For now we have the 307 and 309 for early OHLE stock, 309 being fairly similar but it does have a gangway.
304 001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 304 001 »

FulliAutomatix wrote: 06 Dec 2020 22:39I'll put it forward, I doubt it will make it through though. For now we have the 307 and 309 for early OHLE stock, 309 being fairly similar but it does have a gangway.
Thanks for passing it on, it's appreciated.

PEPSprinterPacer wrote: 06 Dec 2020 16:06I know that timberwolfs UK trains has a 310
I'll check it out, thanks for the heads-up.
andreasaspenberg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andreasaspenberg »

the uranium mine, power station and nuclear reprocessing plant is interesting but, they spawn too agressivly. they spawn so often that they fill the map. you should add a parameter to only allow the player to place them. another parameter can decide wether they cost something(or you could try to integrate that functionality into free industries by working with its developer). you should also add a parameter that affects their spawn rate and their chance to shut down.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

andreasaspenberg wrote: 09 Dec 2020 20:31you should add a parameter to only allow the player to place them. you should also add a parameter that affects their spawn rate and their chance to shut down.
Those are already settings in the base game. Both are controlled by the option "No. of industries" you see when making a new game, you can set that to "Funding only" or just lower it. The rest of the behaviour is excused by the fact it's my first attempt at an Industry GRF. I have plans to redo it at some point, worry not.

Return to “Graphics Releases”