[OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by Lex-Pelham »

FulliAutomatix wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:Hey guy, just downloaded the most recent updated NewGRF of the RUKTS, and I would like to say its well done. However, there two bugs that needs to be address.

First, the BREL HST and BREL Mark 3 Carriage needs fixing. If you check out the picture below, you will notice the train set on the line is completely different from those on the Vehicle Purchase List.

Second, the BR Compartment EMU, which was introduced as an EMU in 1964, changes to a locomotive set in the Vehicle Purchase List in the year 2000. The EMU looks fine on the rails, but its the display in the Purchase List is wrong.

Overall, your set looks very well. Please keep up the good work.

Thank you and have a nice day
Well, you're actually using a very old version there, and not the latest. The issue with the BR Compartmeny EMU was fixed in December last year, the HST bug there I've never heard of before, and you're missing a lot of the newer trains.
Try going to your GRF settings and click "Upgrade" to make all the GRFs their latest version. Or remove RUKTS from your GRF list and then add it back again.

Your purchase list should look a bit like this in the latest version
[+] Spoiler
Thanks for the quick reply. After reading early posts, I was able to download the update GRF from GitHub.

Everything works well. However, there is one problem with the Class 43 and the Mark 3 Coaches. The HST power cars shows up as freight wagons, while the Mark 3 Coaches shows up as a locomotives after their purchase.

In addition, the Mark 3 Coaches appears as regular locomotive when hooked up to an electric or a diesel locomotive such as a Class 47, Class 87, Class 90.

Other than that, keep the good work and I can't wait for future updates.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Attachments
HST and Mk 3 carriage issue.PNG
(111.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Lex-Pelham wrote:
FulliAutomatix wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:Hey guy, just downloaded the most recent updated NewGRF of the RUKTS, and I would like to say its well done. However, there two bugs that needs to be address.

First, the BREL HST and BREL Mark 3 Carriage needs fixing. If you check out the picture below, you will notice the train set on the line is completely different from those on the Vehicle Purchase List.

Second, the BR Compartment EMU, which was introduced as an EMU in 1964, changes to a locomotive set in the Vehicle Purchase List in the year 2000. The EMU looks fine on the rails, but its the display in the Purchase List is wrong.

Overall, your set looks very well. Please keep up the good work.

Thank you and have a nice day
Well, you're actually using a very old version there, and not the latest. The issue with the BR Compartmeny EMU was fixed in December last year, the HST bug there I've never heard of before, and you're missing a lot of the newer trains.
Try going to your GRF settings and click "Upgrade" to make all the GRFs their latest version. Or remove RUKTS from your GRF list and then add it back again.

[+] Spoiler
Thanks for the quick reply. After reading early posts, I was able to download the update GRF from GitHub.

Everything works well. However, there is one problem with the Class 43 and the Mark 3 Coaches. The HST power cars shows up as freight wagons, while the Mark 3 Coaches shows up as a locomotives after their purchase.

In addition, the Mark 3 Coaches appears as regular locomotive when hooked up to an electric or a diesel locomotive such as a Class 47, Class 87, Class 90.

I am very puzzled from this issue. Can you send the save, and tell me what version of the game you are running? I'll attend to it asap
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

FulliAutomatix wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:
FulliAutomatix wrote:

[+] Spoiler

I am very puzzled from this issue. Can you send the save, and tell me what version of the game you are running? I'll attend to it asap
No problem. Attached is the saved file. And with regards to what version of the game I am running. I am running version 1.4.2.

I hope this helped.
Attachments
Grunnford Transport, 12th Jan 1980.sav
(321.98 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Lex-Pelham wrote:
FulliAutomatix wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:

No problem. Attached is the saved file. And with regards to what version of the game I am running. I am running version 1.4.2.

I hope this helped.
After trying 3 different versions (1.4.2, 1.6.0 & 1.7.0) it seems that the issue is fixed on versions after 1.7.0.
I have literally no idea what is causing this. It may be due to a feature we've used that wasn't implemented until 1.7.0, but I'm not sure.
My advice is just keep your game up to date to avoid future issues like this.
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

FulliAutomatix wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:
FulliAutomatix wrote:

I hope this helped.
After trying 3 different versions (1.4.2, 1.6.0 & 1.7.0) it seems that the issue is fixed on versions after 1.7.0.
I have literally no idea what is causing this. It may be due to a feature we've used that wasn't implemented until 1.7.0, but I'm not sure.
My advice is just keep your game up to date to avoid future issues like this.

Thanks you, buddy. I'll have the game updated. Enjoy the rest of weekend.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Bug fixes have been released!
We've fixed all the reported issues in 1.0.0 and have released 1.0.2 containing these fixes, and 4 new trains too!
Freight loco wise we've got Classes 56, 57 and 60 in the new update, the Leyland Class 153 to add to the sprinter family, and new Class 360 liveries available as a refit for the 350!

Get it on the content downloader or straight from github.
https://github.com/StarRaid/Representit ... t/releases
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Nice update, one cool thing, my 20s now run nose to nose!
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

One thing i have noticed is that the 395s only do 100mph on overheads. Any chance there can be more class 170 liveries?

Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

willsym22 wrote:One thing i have noticed is that the 395s only do 100mph on overheads. Any chance there can be more class 170 liveries?

Regarding the BR Class 395 topping out at 100 mph (160 km/h) on overheads. If you are using NuTracks, you may want to change the tracks on the route your train is running on from Medium Speed to High Speed. That should bring the speed of the train up to the 140 mph (225 km/h).

Also, if you have not done so, make sure you have the most recent update of the game and all necessary NewGRFs.

Regarding the Class 170. I agree with you. I hope there are plans to update and expand the train's colour scheme.

Good luck
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

Lex-Pelham wrote:
willsym22 wrote:One thing i have noticed is that the 395s only do 100mph on overheads. Any chance there can be more class 170 liveries?

Regarding the BR Class 395 topping out at 100 mph (160 km/h) on overheads. If you are using NuTracks, you may want to change the tracks on the route your train is running on from Medium Speed to High Speed. That should bring the speed of the train up to the 140 mph (225 km/h).

Also, if you have not done so, make sure you have the most recent update of the game and all necessary NewGRFs.

Regarding the Class 170. I agree with you. I hope there are plans to update and expand the train's colour scheme.

Good luck
Yeah on 100mph + track they still only do 100mph.
Attachments
395.PNG
395.PNG (19.87 KiB) Viewed 10422 times
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

As for the issue regarding the class 395: I believe there is a deeper issue with RUKTS' recognition of railtypes which can be seen in that with some track GRFs you are unable to purchase certain locomotives on the appropriate track type.

As for the class 170, it is entirely likely that more liveries will be drawn in the future.
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

willsym22 wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:

Good luck
I agree with Gwyd. The track you are using could be the problem. I would recommend removing that type of GRF and replace it with the Finescale, Standard Gauge, and 3rd Rail track set (formerly UK Railway Set tracks), which should help. The aforementioned GRF contains four rail types; Normal Rail, 3rd Rail Electric, Overhead Electric, and Dual Electric. It also contains five different depots, varying by rail type and build date.

You can download the GRF from the OpenTTD Bananas website (where it is known as "UK Railway Set tracks"), or from the OpenTTD in-game content system.

Good luck
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Lex-Pelham wrote:
willsym22 wrote:
Lex-Pelham wrote:

Good luck
I agree with Gwyd. The track you are using could be the problem. I would recommend removing that type of GRF and replace it with the Finescale, Standard Gauge, and 3rd Rail track set (formerly UK Railway Set tracks), which should help. The aforementioned GRF contains four rail types; Normal Rail, 3rd Rail Electric, Overhead Electric, and Dual Electric. It also contains five different depots, varying by rail type and build date.

You can download the GRF from the OpenTTD Bananas website (where it is known as "UK Railway Set tracks"), or from the OpenTTD in-game content system.

Good luck
Pikka's Finescale track set is actually the track set this GRF is designed to work with. However, I believe the issue with the trains not showing up on some newer track sets is due to how those track sets are made. I don't know if the creators of those GRFs are actually including compatability for older railtype tags (particularly the standard "ELRL", the old "3RDC" and it's dual voltage companion). I'm not sure if this is the case, but from my knowledge of track sets it seems to me like it is.

Regarding the 170 liveries: Yes there are plans for more, but I have never properly got around to making them due to lack of inspiration.
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

Are you planning on adding more Trains like the 175, 185, 390 and 180? I do like this set, it feels a bit more "complete" than others
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I can confirm the HST definitely works - and soars to 125mph! The auto buffet car in the mk3 set is a nice touch.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

welshdragon wrote:Are you planning on adding more Trains like t h e 175, 185, 390 and 180? I do like this set, it feels a bit more "complete" than ot h ers
I'm putting the GRF to a rest for a bit now, I'll pick it up again in the summer hopefully, maybe around August. As for your requests, I'm hoping we can get a 390 done in the near futute, and Gwyd has already made an attempt t a 175 before, so we could see if we could work on that too. The others I'm not sure about. Other trains I have planned for future updates are the 66 and 91, I've already started an 08, and we've got a 73 that's already coded for it too.
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Hi

Thanks again for the fantastic set. Hope you had a great summer.

When poss, Class 317 EMU would for me make a great addition, as there isn't currently in this or UKRS a 100mph AC EMU between 1962 and 1988.

I'm afraid I'm completely useless at both code and drawing, but very happy to test! :D

Olly.
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

If you was to trial the Class 142 in 1984, it looks like a class 141, glitch or Easter egg?
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

OllyG wrote: 18 Oct 2019 23:52 Hi

Thanks again for the fantastic set. Hope you had a great summer.

When poss, Class 317 EMU would for me make a great addition, as there isn't currently in this or UKRS a 100mph AC EMU between 1962 and 1988.

I'm afraid I'm completely useless at both code and drawing, but very happy to test! :D

Olly.
Have you changed the Vehicle Selection Perimeter to 'Extended', The Class 317/318 is there
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Ah, I must have missed that, thank you! I will try it when next in OpenTTD (I am experiencing severe Civilisation IV addiction at the moment...).

Return to “Graphics Releases”