[OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OpenTTD] RUKTS (Representitive UK Trainset)

Post by FulliAutomatix »

304 001 wrote: 05 Dec 2020 01:15 I am new to OpenTTD and only just found this thread (been playing Locomotion all these years, but wanted a change). Any chance of adding Class 304 and Class 310, if they are not already in the set please?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_304

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_310

I have fond memories of riding both in the 1980's and 1990's around the midlands, before the Centro 323's replaced them.
I'll put it forward, I doubt it will make it through though. For now we have the 307 and 309 for early OHLE stock, 309 being fairly similar but it does have a gangway.
304 001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 304 001 »

FulliAutomatix wrote: 06 Dec 2020 22:39I'll put it forward, I doubt it will make it through though. For now we have the 307 and 309 for early OHLE stock, 309 being fairly similar but it does have a gangway.
Thanks for passing it on, it's appreciated.

PEPSprinterPacer wrote: 06 Dec 2020 16:06I know that timberwolfs UK trains has a 310
I'll check it out, thanks for the heads-up.
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by andreasaspenberg »

the uranium mine, power station and nuclear reprocessing plant is interesting but, they spawn too agressivly. they spawn so often that they fill the map. you should add a parameter to only allow the player to place them. another parameter can decide wether they cost something(or you could try to integrate that functionality into free industries by working with its developer). you should also add a parameter that affects their spawn rate and their chance to shut down.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

andreasaspenberg wrote: 09 Dec 2020 20:31you should add a parameter to only allow the player to place them. you should also add a parameter that affects their spawn rate and their chance to shut down.
Those are already settings in the base game. Both are controlled by the option "No. of industries" you see when making a new game, you can set that to "Funding only" or just lower it. The rest of the behaviour is excused by the fact it's my first attempt at an Industry GRF. I have plans to redo it at some point, worry not.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Finally! A new release! For now it is only available to download on GitHub due to technical issues, but we are working to upload it onto the content downloader tomorrow morning. A full change log can be found on GitHub too: https://github.com/StarRaid/Representit ... es/tag/1.1
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Technical difficulties turned out to be my incompetence, but either way v1.1 of the main set, and v1.4.0 of the extension are now on BaNaNaS.

As of now, we're considering the set to be in a finished, playable state. There's one or two trains that are unfinished in the repo, and might get added some day, and any bug reports will be attended to but otherwise, this is it, the trainset is finished.

The track set will likely see more development, and maybe perhaps someday we'll get some stations out, but that's all for now.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

1.2 has been released on BaNaNaS.
We now have class 101s, 115s, 121s and 123s. Hope you guys like your new DMUs!
dmmu.png
dmmu.png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

Looks very nice! thanks for the good work :D
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

They even say their coupling type :)
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

PEPSprinterPacer wrote: 10 Jun 2021 17:50 They even say their coupling type :)
Yeah, we eventually decided to go with this so we didn't have to list individually what they're compatible with, and it's more intuitive to a player who doesn't know what they might couple to.
HST125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HST125 »

Do you, by any chance, plan on relesing this on the mobile versiom
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

All NewGRFs are compatible with both desktop and mobile versions of OpenTTD, so there are not separate releases.
HST125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HST125 »

For me the im-built content downloader only has 1.0.0, and i can’t get any more due to being on ios
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

HST125 wrote: 27 Nov 2022 18:01 For me the im-built content downloader only has 1.0.0, and i can’t get any more due to being on ios
This would be because the iOS version is an unofficial branch whose developer, unknown to the community, didn't properly build it, so it's got problems. And with no proper documentation available, no way to contact the developer and no ties back into the OpenTTD development community, it's going to only be suitable for playing the game without NewGRFs.
HST125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HST125 »

kamnet wrote: 28 Nov 2022 11:04
HST125 wrote: 27 Nov 2022 18:01 For me the im-built content downloader only has 1.0.0, and i can’t get any more due to being on ios
This would be because the iOS version is an unofficial branch whose developer, unknown to the community, didn't properly build it, so it's got problems. And with no proper documentation available, no way to contact the developer and no ties back into the OpenTTD development community, it's going to only be suitable for playing the game without NewGRFs.
If you want to, could you release an official version?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

HST125 wrote: 28 Nov 2022 16:55 If you want to, could you release an official version?
It's not a matter of "if you want to" but, "could you even?"

There's a long history of why there's not an official OpenTTD release on iOS, but it mainly comes down to a few issues:

1. Licensing: OpenTTD's GNU Public License is incompatible with a license that Apple requires. The unofficial OpenTTD release does not comply with the distribution license the game uses, the developer has made up their own. I'm honestly surprised that the OpenTTD devs have not taken action on this since they can't even get an official version in.

2. Cost: To get an official iOS version going, the developers would have to pay out quite a bit of money for the software and tools required to get the software on the iOS store. The price doesn't make sense for a free game that has no revenue stream at all.

3. Experience: none of the developers have any experience working in iOS in order to competently port it. This is much different than with MacOS, which is largely unix-based.
HST125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HST125 »

kamnet wrote: 28 Nov 2022 22:51
HST125 wrote: 28 Nov 2022 16:55 If you want to, could you release an official version?
It's not a matter of "if you want to" but, "could you even?"

There's a long history of why there's not an official OpenTTD release on iOS, but it mainly comes down to a few issues:

1. Licensing: OpenTTD's GNU Public License is incompatible with a license that Apple requires. The unofficial OpenTTD release does not comply with the distribution license the game uses, the developer has made up their own. I'm honestly surprised that the OpenTTD devs have not taken action on this since they can't even get an official version in.

2. Cost: To get an official iOS version going, the developers would have to pay out quite a bit of money for the software and tools required to get the software on the iOS store. The price doesn't make sense for a free game that has no revenue stream at all.

3. Experience: none of the developers have any experience working in iOS in order to competently port it. This is much different than with MacOS, which is largely unix-based.
Oh, that’s ok
Asteconn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Asteconn »

Game balancing question - is the current running cost of the Class 370 deliberate? It seems extraordinarily cheap compared to other high speed train options:

Code: Select all

|              | Class 43        | Class 91        | Class 370       |
| ------------ | --------------- | --------------- | --------------- |
| Running cost |            9750 |            9562 |          _3187_ |
| Power        |            2284 |            6388 |            8158 |
| Max Speed    | 125mph / 200kph | 140mph / 225kph | 155mph / 250kph |

Return to “Graphics Releases”