UTS Pipe Add-on 1mph?

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

UTS Pipe Add-on 1mph?

Post by ColonelThunderbird »

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to ask. I've downloaded the UTS Pipe Set Add-on. When my pipeline 'trucks' are laden with cargo they travel at full speed. When they aren't, they only travel at 1mph.

Is this supposed to happen and, if so, how do you play with this? It's taking in-game years for my 'trucks' to return to the oil wells and fill up again!

Thanks!
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: UTS Pipe Add-on 1mph?

Post by gebik »

Have you also downloaded URS (utility roadtype set), because it adds suitable roads for UTS and pipe addon? Just for you, my pipes travel normally with URS and bunch of other NewGRFs. In my local multiplayer, they are frequently used, and no problems with them. (other than short lifetime)
MacDonald & Co., 3rd Jan 1971.png
(128.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Do not mind screenshot name, just fast shot for you. BTW, do you play on vanilla OTTD, or JGRPP?

EDIT: Or you can try to talk directly to: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=109416 (Gadg8eer) He seems from post history to be the person behind those utility sets. (or only behind the roads for them)
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've downloaded the core mod as well and laid piplines. Should I perhaps put it higher in the load order?

I'm not sure what JGRPP is? The only other big mod I run is FIRS.
ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

I've just completely cleared my NewGRF list to be sure and left ONLY URS/UTS/UTS Pipe. I bought one of each available 'truck' and set them to go and they all crawled out of the depot at 1 mph. Load them up with oil and BAM, no problem!
ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

What do you know? I looked into JGRPP and installed it, that did the trick! Thanks!
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

ColonelThunderbird wrote: 21 Nov 2020 15:14 What do you know? I looked into JGRPP and installed it, that did the trick! Thanks!
I somewhat doubt JGRPP actually does anything special to solve the issue ;) Just speculating here, but it sounds like you might have had your RV acceleration setting on "realistic", and the vehicles probably have a weight of 0. This will cause them to not have any tractive effort and thus no acceleration until they load cargo (which adds weight).

I bet switching the acceleration model to original is what actually "solves" the issue here :) (If this is the case then the vehicles themselves should be fixed to prevent this in the first place)
ColonelThunderbird
Engineer
Engineer

Andrew350 wrote: 22 Nov 2020 07:27
ColonelThunderbird wrote: 21 Nov 2020 15:14 What do you know? I looked into JGRPP and installed it, that did the trick! Thanks!
I somewhat doubt JGRPP actually does anything special to solve the issue ;) Just speculating here, but it sounds like you might have had your RV acceleration setting on "realistic", and the vehicles probably have a weight of 0. This will cause them to not have any tractive effort and thus no acceleration until they load cargo (which adds weight).

I bet switching the acceleration model to original is what actually "solves" the issue here :) (If this is the case then the vehicles themselves should be fixed to prevent this in the first place)
That makes a lot more sense. As a happy accident, however, I like the patch and the pipelines are fixed.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

ColonelThunderbird wrote: 22 Nov 2020 20:30
Andrew350 wrote: 22 Nov 2020 07:27

That makes a lot more sense. As a happy accident, however, I like the patch and the pipelines are fixed.
Whoops! Sorry I didn't notice this topic! Should be fixed in the next release.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.

Return to “Graphics Releases”