Road Hog road vehicles - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Road Hog 1.2.1 - released 8th September 2017

Post by Lesarthois »

Great NGRF, I like using it. Powerful vehicles with decent capabilities, especially early in the game.

I noticed something that seems to be a bug; hardware vehicles, the Reaver and Crime Rigg, (and possibly the Brigand and the Road thief ((by the time those appears, I have larger trucks from other GRF available so I rarely use them :D )
appears in game with a "mirrored" double, like a trailer

Is that supposed to happen? It looks a bit odd.
Attachments
Les Chariottes, 1er Sep 1928.png
(147.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Road Hog 1.2.1 - released 8th September 2017

Post by Lesarthois »

Well the early versions looks fine, if a bit odd, as I knew of those old "road trains".
I am near le Mans so I know of Amédée Bollée and his powerful, heavy steam machines.
Things like the Marie-Anne and the Obéissante make most "standards" steam vehicles in the game being underpowered :D

Meet Marie-Anne :
A beautiful girl, able to pull 35 metric tons on most roads, and up to 100 on perfectly flat ones.
Anyway :mrgreen:

But the Brigand looks a bit silly considering it doesn't carry an excessive load for the era they are introduced to.

The Crime Rigg looks a bit off too but I guess that the capacity justify the odd arrangment :)

I guess you should take advice from other people but IMO you might like to convert the the Crime Rigg into a more standard arrangement?

Just suggesting. Your set is amazing so that's really the only reason I'm here, because that odd train road bugged me a bit.
Everything else you've made is fine as far as I'm concerned. Or at least. I have a bit too much mods to know what's standard, too weak, too cheap or expensive :lol:
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road Hog 1.3.0 - released 27th December 2017

Post by andythenorth »

Road Hog 1.3.0 is released :) . On Bananas or download from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog/releases/

*Changes*

- restore Steeraway foundry hauler
- cargo support for acid, chlorine, cement, explosives, fertiliser, kaolin, pig iron, salt, slag, soda ash, sulphur,
- supplies trucks show cargo when loaded
- 'Fruit & Vegetables Tram' not 'Fruit Tram'

*Docs*

- improved text
- fixed vehicle image height bug

*Translations*

- updated
- translator credits: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog ... redits.txt

*Codechanges*

- refactored python compile (code quality, performance)
- refactored makefile (Alberth)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thanks for another update of this beautiful set. I like to use it in their games :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Hoggity Hog...

Re earlier AI discussion, part of the congestion problem may be breakdowns... I've noticed some very low reliabilities on Hog buses.

I think the issue is that Hogs have a very long lifespan, are withdrawn almost immediately when their next generation replacement comes out, and don't make use of the retire_early property to extend their reliability. Consequently, half the AI's buses are obsolete models driving around with tanked reliability, despite nominally having decades left to run.
Attachments
Image11.png
Image11.png (30.01 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road Hog 1.4.0 - released 16th May 2018

Post by andythenorth »

Road Hog 1.4.0 now on bananas, or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog/releases/

Special thanks to translators ;)

Changelog
=========

------

*Changes*

- repainted Fruit & Vegetable trams to match fruit & veg vehicles in Iron Horse 2, Unsinkable Sam
- show power type in vehicle name, e.g. '(Steam)', '(Diesel)', '(Electric)'
- improved handling of default vehicle cargos; in the case where first cargo(s) are not available in game fallback cargo(s) will be tried

*Fixes*

- reworked handling of model life for more reliable and useful handling of vehicle expiry dates (with help from Pikka, Eddi)
- don't set articulated consist flag unless needed (confuses AIs)
- 'open' vehicles had some piece goods sprites missing
- Jinglepot trailer mask was out of position in one angle
- some trams needed always_use_same_spriterow flag set

*Docs*

- better explanation of asset licenses that are not GPL compliant
- anchor links for individual road vehicles in Road Vehicles page
- improved readme.txt

*Translations*

- updated
- translator credits: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/road-hog ... redits.txt

*Codechanges*

- adopt Polar Fox library for consistent handling of cargo across Unsinkable Sam, Road Hog, Iron Horse
- multiple compile improvements
- code formatting/linting improvements
- renamed vehicle .py files on filesystem so they're easier to work with
- move solitary lang template to src/templates and remove src/lang_templates dir
- remove unused code, notably ModelVariant support, which is dead
- show vacant numeric ids at compile time
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Road Hog 1.4.1 - released 19th May 2018

Post by phobos2077 »

Here I am again with more silly balance questions :)

I'm looking at this set again for my early game playthrough. In comparison with eGRVTS vehicles I see a huge difference in stats for both normal vehicles and trams:

- A LOT more max speed and power for same eras vehicles
- A LOT more capacity (I think it's balanced with much higher running costs as well)

Have anyone tried combining the two sets in one game? Any suggestions which settings should I use to keep things balanced? I'm thinking about just leaving only horse carriages from the eGRVTS set, but this will result in a HUGE increase in road vehicles capacity in 1860 with the introduction of the first steam tram from Road Hog.
Also I think even if capacity/running costs would've been balanced, this set vehicles are MUCH faster moving. So they'll always feel off if used together.

So I guess my real question is, which set is better balanced? I'm using RVs extensively for short routes and to connect passenger routes into a huge network.

PS: looking at vehicle stats some more it seems this set is best suited for games starting around the time of the car revolution, like 1910. The first bus is available in 1909 and it's extremely capable from the get go. Starting earlier - you'll have to use just the tram from 1860.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I'm regularly using both RoadHog and eGRVTS in my games, but not the RoadHog RVs, only the trams. I'm mostly playing with cargo, with an occasional passenger or mail route. I'm using the trams from 1860 onwards mostly as a replacement for trains, as I find them a lot less intrusive and the lines and stations are much easier to place.

In the 1980s the eGRVTS long vehicles catch up with the trams, and that's when I tear up the tram lines.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Hi Andy, I'm playing with cargodist with firs (using wagons, cars and trams that refit all but pax) and noticed that trams don't auto refit to goods, was cogling my transfer stations with goods, after replacing the trams to cars or trains, all fine. Using "refit to avaliable" at stations.

Return to “Graphics Releases”