Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 am
Posts: 21
Location: Arland
Uhh, i downloaded the latest version, but i don't see any new town names that i suggest you (oddly the version number is version 13 instead of 14 in OpenTTD client).

and also you forgot to credit me in the credits section of the first post


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
skyrish19 wrote:
Uhh, i downloaded the latest version, but i don't see any new town names that i suggest you (oddly the version number is version 13 instead of 14 in OpenTTD client).

and also you forgot to credit me in the credits section of the first post


How big is your map? It takes a map of at least 8192x8192 to have a new map use every single name. There are a lot of towns on the list.

Other than that, BaNaNaS was weird about it. Someone said the file was 0 bytes in the in-game downloader.

Also, added you to the credits.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 am
Posts: 21
Location: Arland
SimYouLater wrote:
How big is your map? It takes a map of at least 8192x8192 to have a new map use every single name. There are a lot of towns on the list.


I tried on the highest map size (4096x4096), but i don't see any of the new town names i suggest you and the version number on the OpenTTD client is 13 instead 14.

and the file is still the old version (i think 1.3b). i checked the newgrf file through decoding with Grfcodec and there's no new town names you added

also the Town Names.txt in the source pack did not include any of the new town names that i suggest you aside from the one added but not in both basic and + versions of the grf


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
skyrish19 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
How big is your map? It takes a map of at least 8192x8192 to have a new map use every single name. There are a lot of towns on the list.


I tried on the highest map size (4096x4096), but i don't see any of the new town names i suggest you and the version number on the OpenTTD client is 13 instead 14.

and the file is still the old version (i think 1.3b). i checked the newgrf file through decoding with Grfcodec and there's no new town names you added

also the Town Names.txt in the source pack did not include any of the new town names that i suggest you aside from the one added but not in both basic and + versions of the grf


ATTENTION EVERYONE!
Due to bad-folder-organization-induced idiocy, I have been uploading near-unchanged files that do not reflect the version history! Due to this, I will be changing the version history to reflect that you will need to start with version 1.5b, the first version to have been properly uploaded since the legacy version (0.1.1a).

I am so sorry, I'm rusty on doing NewGRF development and now it's coming back to bite me.

EDIT: Due to unexpected issues with uploading to BaNaNaS in-game content, I am forced to discontinue FicTown Names Basic. Unfortunately, the GRF ID system does not see FTN/XX and FTP/XX as separate files if XX is the same number, or someone has already used a set with the FTP/XX GRF ID. As a result, FicTown+ names 0.1.6b is the current supported version and no other FicTown NewGRFs will see continued updates.

EDIT 2: I can't keep track of the code, the last few uploads are unremoveable (since, BaNaNaS) but have incorrect info. As a result, 0.1.7b will be the final upload of FicTown+ Names. I'm sorry, but I can't keep track of things and it's hurting the usability of the NewGRFs.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
Well, I'm at it again. The latest versions of FicTownNames are available on BaNaNaS and in the OP. Fortunately I realized I was doing the GRF ID wrong, so no further issues should pop up with these GRFs.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:06 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
Update in OP.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 am
Posts: 21
Location: Arland
I got new fictional town names for the next update:

= Monster Hunter =

Astera
Bherna
Cathar
Cheeko Sands
Dundorma
Gildegaran
Hakum Village
Harth
Jumbo Village
Kokoto Village
Loc Lac City
Mezeporta Square
Milard Village
Minegarde Town
Moga Village
Pokke Village
Port Tanzia
Val Habar
Yukumo Village

= Ni No Kuni =

Al Mamoon
Castaway Cove
Ding Dong Dell
Hamelin
Perdida
The Fairyground
Yule

= Rune Factory =

Alvarna
Fenith Island
Kardia
Selphia
Sharance
Trampoli

= Suikoden =

Antei
Caleria
Coronet Town
Crystal Valley
Cynas
Doraat
El-Qaral
Estrise
Great Hollow
Grayridge Town
Greenhill City
Gregminster
Iluya
Kalekka
Karaya Village
Kirov
Kouan
Le Buque
Lelcar
Lenankamp
Lordlake
Middleport
Muse City
Na-Nal
North Window Village
Pharamond
Radat Town
Raftfleet
Rainwall
Razril
Rockland
Sable
Salsabil
Sarady
Sauronix
Sol-Falena
South Window City
Stormfist
Teien
Tinto City
Two River City
Vinay del Zexay


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
skyrish19 wrote:
I got new fictional town names for the next update:

= Monster Hunter =

Astera
Bherna
Cathar
Cheeko Sands
Dundorma
Gildegaran
Hakum Village
Harth
Jumbo Village
Kokoto Village
Loc Lac City
Mezeporta Square
Milard Village
Minegarde Town
Moga Village
Pokke Village
Port Tanzia
Val Habar
Yukumo Village

= Ni No Kuni =

Al Mamoon
Castaway Cove
Ding Dong Dell
Hamelin
Perdida
The Fairyground
Yule

= Rune Factory =

Alvarna
Fenith Island
Kardia
Selphia
Sharance
Trampoli

= Suikoden =

Antei
Caleria
Coronet Town
Crystal Valley
Cynas
Doraat
El-Qaral
Estrise
Great Hollow
Grayridge Town
Greenhill City
Gregminster
Iluya
Kalekka
Karaya Village
Kirov
Kouan
Le Buque
Lelcar
Lenankamp
Lordlake
Middleport
Muse City
Na-Nal
North Window Village
Pharamond
Radat Town
Raftfleet
Rainwall
Razril
Rockland
Sable
Salsabil
Sarady
Sauronix
Sol-Falena
South Window City
Stormfist
Teien
Tinto City
Two River City
Vinay del Zexay


Added to latest version.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 pm
Posts: 1536
Location: Courbevoie, near Paris, France
Some Walt Disney town names :

Duckburg
Mouseton
Goosetown
Swantown
Mudhen City
St. Canard

And other localisations from One Piece :

Goa
Foosha
Syrup Village
Arlong Park
Cocoyasi
Gosa
Loguetown
Flevance
Little Garden
Water Seven
Enies Lobby
Thriller Bark
Upper Yard
Angel Beach
Amazon Lily
Marineford
Mariejois

_________________
NewGRFs by Tony Pixel :
North American Passenger Railroads
Not Enough Subways


My screenshots


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
acs121 wrote:
Some Walt Disney town names :

Duckburg
Mouseton
Goosetown
Swantown
Mudhen City
St. Canard


Saint Canard and Duckburg are on the list already.

acs121 wrote:
And other localisations from One Piece :

Goa
Foosha
Syrup Village
Arlong Park
Cocoyasi
Gosa
Loguetown
Flevance
Little Garden
Water Seven
Enies Lobby
Thriller Bark
Upper Yard
Angel Beach
Amazon Lily
Marineford
Mariejois


Attachment:
ftn2.1bsrc.zip [71.24 KiB]
Downloaded 13 times


Tada!

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
Updated both versions of FicTownNames, including a town from an obscure Japan-only Action-RPG for the GameBoy Advance.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
I've added Naruto town names from Narutopedia instead. BaNaNaS update incoming.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Last edited by Chrill on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post edited


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:35 pm
Posts: 15069
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
I've done some cleaning up here. Please refrain from insulting other members.

If you have an issue with a license used, or indeed a copyright breach, please take it up with the relevant party in a relevant way instead of talking crap about them in your own threads. Please?

_________________
Image
OpenTTD Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso
(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 am 
Offline
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Posts: 429
Chrill wrote:
I've done some cleaning up here. Please refrain from insulting other members.

If you have an issue with a license used, or indeed a copyright breach, please take it up with the relevant party in a relevant way instead of talking crap about them in your own threads. Please?


Fair enough.

_________________
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.