I can't get some newGRFs

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Post Reply
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 13:02

I can't get some newGRFs

Post by pasildan » 02 Aug 2016 06:51

Hello guys ! I'm a newbie user in openTTD but lover from the first transport tycoon. I have tried to open a customed map in the game but it requires a lot of newGRF. The thing is I downloaded most of the with the tool for online content but some of them appear with a red boton and it doesn't allow me to download the remaining newGRF required.
The customed map is Alaska (USA).
I would like to know if this just happens to me or even it's a common problem. Also if possible I would appreciate any help possible to get those newGRF remaining to load the map. I have attached a picture to show it.

Image

Regards.

User avatar
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1757
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 14:53
Location: Russia, Samara

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by STD » 02 Aug 2016 07:17

pasildan wrote:Hello guys ! I'm a newbie user in openTTD but lover from the first transport tycoon. I have tried to open a customed map in the game but it requires a lot of newGRF. The thing is I downloaded most of the with the tool for online content but some of them appear with a red boton and it doesn't allow me to download the remaining newGRF required.
The customed map is Alaska (USA).
I would like to know if this just happens to me or even it's a common problem. Also if possible I would appreciate any help possible to get those newGRF remaining to load the map. I have attached a picture to show it.

Image

Regards.
Hi, pasildan. The answer to the question, see the topic Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.
I recommend all questions on GRF's ask in the same topic - Looking for Graphics? Ask Here. Users of the forum will help you find answers. :wink:
Last edited by STD on 02 Aug 2016 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

User avatar
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator
Posts: 7519
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 15:48
Location: Manchester

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by Pilot » 02 Aug 2016 07:19

I can't say I've ever heard of the first 3, so I can't help there, with the rest however:

Marico, NewShips and NewStations can all be found here:
http://ttdpatch.de/download.html

Now the Version of WAS you have could be one of several versions. Normally downloading the latest version on WAS via the Online Content Downloader should work, as it is normally compatible, however, you may have tried that already. Someone else here may have a better idea if that isn't working.

User avatar
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1757
Joined: 02 Jul 2012 14:53
Location: Russia, Samara

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by STD » 02 Aug 2016 07:30

I agree with you, you can use the version of WAS from the online game content :) . But I recommend using one of the last nightlies :) .
I checked the compatibility. Problems running scenarios did not arise from me.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

pasildan
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 13:02

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by pasildan » 02 Aug 2016 08:03

STD wrote:I agree with you, you can use the version of WAS from the online game content :) . But I recommend using one of the last nightlies :) .
I checked the compatibility. Problems running scenarios did not arise from me.
Is there some specific reason why it appears to me not available for being downloaded those newGRFs my friend? Just curiosity I'm pretty newbie on this.

Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer
Posts: 4739
Joined: 09 Sep 2007 05:03
Location: home

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by Alberth » 02 Aug 2016 08:55

Some NewGRF authors disagree with the terms of service of the download service (anything uploaded will be available forever to all), and do not use it. Instead they have other means of providing their extensions to you.

Edit: The download service also checks compatibility of the download content against your OpenTTD version, and does not offer content that your version cannot handle.
Being a OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Also, other OpenTTD developers may have different opinions.

User avatar
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1654
Joined: 09 Oct 2011 13:51
Location: The Netherlands

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by Quast65 » 02 Aug 2016 09:45

Pilot wrote:I can't say I've ever heard of the first 3, so I can't help there, with the rest however:

Marico, NewShips and NewStations can all be found here:
http://ttdpatch.de/download.html

Now the Version of WAS you have could be one of several versions. Normally downloading the latest version on WAS via the Online Content Downloader should work, as it is normally compatible, however, you may have tried that already. Someone else here may have a better idea if that isn't working.
The first three can be found on Simuscape: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... =120&t=758 You may need to register to that site to be able to access those.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

User avatar
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5543
Joined: 27 Nov 2004 15:05
Location: Canada

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by wallyweb » 02 Aug 2016 12:11

Quast65 wrote:The first three can be found on Simuscape: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... =120&t=758 You may need to register to that site to be able to access those.
Simuscape registration is not required for downloads. :D

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests