ABout OpenGFX 32bpp

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

AndroidWG
Engineer
Engineer

ABout OpenGFX 32bpp

Post by AndroidWG »

Hi. I'm very new to OpenTTD and I've been searching for a new graphics set, and I found OpenGFX 32bpp.
Something that I would love to have is the original OpenTTD graphics in 32bits, so I entered the page and downloaded it. I've noticed that it hasn't been updated since 2010, and only RC1 was avalible to download. I ried to install in my game, but it didn't worked.
I would like to know what happened and if there's any other project with the same idea (transform the original 8bpp graphics into 32bpp)

So sorry for my (very) bad English, not a native speaker
kamnet

Re: ABout OpenGFX 32bpp

Post by kamnet »

Nobody is working on making the original TTD graphics in 32bpp, largely because the original TTD graphics are copyrighted. It takes a lot of work and effort to make 32bpp graphics, and really you're just starting from scratch to begin with.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

AndroidWG wrote:...I found OpenGFX 32bpp.
Something that I would love to have is the original OpenTTD graphics in 32bits, so I entered the page and downloaded it. I've noticed that it hasn't been updated since 2010, and only RC1 was avalible to download. I ried to install in my game, but it didn't worked.
Perhaps you found the old 32bpp project. That method of including 32bpp-graphics isn't compatible with OpenTTD-versions >1.2 .
You may have a look at this:
http://wiki.openttd.org/Playing_with_32bpp_graphics
R2T9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R2T9 »

There's always ZBase.

V453000 has RAWR, but that is incomplete. I use Pineapple Trains and GRVTS 32bpp.

Return to “Graphics Releases”