I thought I had posted the source...but apparently not. I'll have to dig it out as I don't have it to hand. I should be able to post it here in a week (very limited internet access at the moment).
Great! I want to make some small changes to industries for my style of playing:
1. Add requirement for max distance from at least one source for secondary industries. I play on 512x512 with small amounts of industries and it is often when sawmill and forest, for example, are at different sides of the map so connecting them nearly impossible, especially when starting early.
2. Add optional 'place secondary industries only in towns' feature.
3. Limit industry creation from min size of closest town.
4. Limit number of industries/town depending on size of the town. Currently I have two options - use random industry creation which results in many industries created here and there without any system and limit, or use manual industry creation which also has it's drawbacks. So the idea is that game economy should develop mostly from town growth which can be limited by passenger/mail/goods transportation.
5. Make manpower industries producing zero without passengers (or at least greatly reduce production without manpower delivered).
6. Maybe make secondary industry production limited by the size of the closest town (like farms work now).
7. Maybe try to return petrol if it's possible as I like growing towns realistically with food/goods/petrol/water.
8. Optionally reduce industry building costs (at least maybe for some early industries like farms/grain mills etc) as it is needed when starting early with manual industry building only.
9. Before 1800, primary industry can only be built near river/ocean tiles (it's impossible to transport anything on land before first steam trains appear).
I've done some more development but that isn't ready for release...there may be a few bugs that should be fixed in v1.32 (I really can't remember) but I'll see if there are any changes that should be made. If so, then I'll say so when I next post.
All bugfixed are much appreciated. I tried working with 1.3 which has sources available but stopped since manpower was broken and I found some bugs in the code so I decided to wait for fixed sources.
Are you the same Sevenfm as on the JA2 bearpit site?