Logging camp - forest replacement

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Logging camp - forest replacement

Post by Wahazar »

I uploaded v.10 of logging camp newgrf. Besides of updated translation, I changed spawning system - I removed checking for trees (it was not working satisfactory), and introduced parameter for minimal distance between logging camp. By default is is 80 tiles, which help to avoid "eating" same trees by two camps.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

It looks like it is incompatible with any industry newgrf that tweak the vanilla industries.

With Open GFX industries, we get both forest and looging camp (even if wood Producer is set to lumber mill in oengfx instructires).

And with expert-hard server, same, forest are generated while this grf should replace them with looging camps
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I use this alongside FIRS purely because it doesn't replace the forests. I get twice the wood from diffrent sources.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

MagicBuzz wrote: 02 Aug 2019 15:43 Hello,
With Open GFX industries, we get both forest and looging camp (even if wood Producer is set to lumber mill in oengfx instructires).
And with expert-hard server, same, forest are generated while this grf should replace them with looging camps
Exactly, it is intended.
These logging camps are supplementary source of wood, additionally they can be used to remove excessive amount of trees (especially useful in case of multiplayer game, more trees == client lag while connecting).
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I'm a train's over trucks and busses player of OpenTTD! I see a lot of different rail cars in the game that normally don't get used! I like to see different industries, and Logging Camp is Excellent! 8)

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana

Return to “Graphics Releases”