[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 3.0

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 2.0-alpha1

Post by vrn »

markyisri wrote:Hi,

I've been using 2cc TrainsInNML for a few weeks now but I've noticed an issue with the LRC.

If you couple MU wagons to the LRC, the sprites change correctly but the wagons have no capacity and are unable to use passengers.

Attempting to use the MU wagons on another MU trainset worked properly.

I assume this just slipped through and won't be complex to fix, but I have never made a GRF so I can't say for sure.

Also, I would like to propose a change to be made to the LRC. When VIA Rail stopped using the locomotives, the cars were still usable. I propose removing MU status from the LRC and adding a new LRC Passenger car. Possibly this could be a parameter to ensure compatibility.

It was also possible to run LRC trains at slower speeds using only one locomotive. Therefore, I think there should be an option that allows you not to double-head the train. This would also require removal of MU status.
I suppose you mean the Bombardier LRC? This train is not part of 2ccTrainsInNML, but of NekoMaster's NARS2cc Addon. The bug you described was probably caused by attaching MU wagons from 2cctInNML to the LRC instead of the ones from NARS2cc. Anyways, posting the save file would be nice.
markyisri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by markyisri »

vrn wrote: I suppose you mean the Bombardier LRC? This train is not part of 2ccTrainsInNML, but of NekoMaster's NARS2cc Addon. The bug you described was probably caused by attaching MU wagons from 2cctInNML to the LRC instead of the ones from NARS2cc. Anyways, posting the save file would be nice.
Hi,

I ran a game using only the 2cc TrainsInNML GRF. There is an LRC in it. I am sure that NARS was not enabled at the time that I tested this.

On a side note, I did try it using the NARS MU wagons just in case it would work. When I did this, the sprites did not change, unlike when I used the 2cc MU wagons.

I will try to post a save file.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

There is a BBD LRC in the 2cc Trains, the one I have in my NARS Add-on Set 2cc how ever is the sprite from the CanSet. My Set is also not compatible with the MU cars from 2cc Trains. This was intentional incase one wants to use 2cc Wagons in NML or the full 2cc Train set.

As for using the LRC cars after the LRC was retired (I believe 2004?) I have included the LRC cars in my NARS add-on set as seperate mail and passenger cars.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

If it is indeed in this set, then I suspect that it will have been fixed already in the recent builds as I did a complete code overhaul after the last release, but I haven't got around to finalize a few small parts and create a release.

Your proposed changes will not be implemented, as I have limited time and motivation to work on this, and I think it does not add much.

Mixing MU wagons between sets is not possible as you found out, although checks are only limited to this set. So you can add wagons from other sets to MUs (which I might be able to disable), but you can also add wagons from this set to other trains (which I can't disable).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Also, I would like to propose a change to be made to the LRC. When VIA Rail stopped using the locomotives, the cars were still usable. I propose removing MU status from the LRC and adding a new LRC Passenger car. Possibly this could be a parameter to ensure compatibility.
Interesting idea, though it opens up a can of worms. Why stop at the LRC when several more MUs in the set have a loco-hauled equivalent wagon? Everything from the MP54 the IC125 to the MDDM could be given this treatment :wink:
markyisri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by markyisri »

Emperor Jake wrote:

Interesting idea, though it opens up a can of worms. Why stop at the LRC when several more MUs in the set have a loco-hauled equivalent wagon? Everything from the MP54 the IC125 to the MDDM could be given this treatment :wink:
Exactly. It also provides a touch of realism. For example, VIA Rail kept using their LRC cars even after they stopped using the LRC locomotives.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Emperor Jake wrote:

A difference is that IC125s didn't have proper cars, in fact they used Mk3 unfied coaches, the same as the other trains.
The Metroliner carriages were the same as Amfleet ones and they even were used as cab cars after their retirement.

Also, could i ask for the addition of those trains :

- SNCF Z 5600 (EMU]
- SNCF B 55000 (EMU)
- DB Cargo Sprinter (DMU)
- DB BR 101 (Electric Locomotive)
- CFF Bem 4/6 (EMU)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

acs121 wrote:Also, could i ask for the addition of those trains :

- SNCF Z 5600 (EMU]
- SNCF B 55000 (EMU)
- DB Cargo Sprinter (DMU)
- DB BR 101 (Electric Locomotive)
- CFF Bem 4/6 (EMU)
The CargoSprinter's been in there for a while now, as for the others, if "someone" were to draw them I'm sure they'd be added :wink:
Attachments
cargosprinter.PNG
cargosprinter.PNG (31.2 KiB) Viewed 10431 times
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Emperor Jake wrote:if "someone" were to draw
Hidden and subtle hint? :lol:

Honestly, I've been "out" for quite some time now... :(
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Voyager One wrote:

Deal : I draw you code :D
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

acs121 wrote:
Voyager One wrote:

Deal : I draw you code :D
Which costs about 20 seconds~1 minute if you already have some trains done.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So a little while ago I made a modified version of 2cc Trains for personal use where the running costs where more like other train sets where Locomotives cost more to run and wagons cost very little.

I forgot how I did that and I seem to have lost my modified version of 2cc Trains.

How would I go about making the engines cost more to run and the wagons cost less? For Exmaple, instead of a 1600 HP diesel costing 2000/yr and a Wagon costing 4000/yr I want it so that the 1600 HP Diesel will cost like 16,000 a year to run and the wagon to be 500/yr.

I tried messing around with the base costs in the header.pnml and the costs for wagons in the Costs.pnml but I can't seem to figure it out right now.

Sometimes when playing a random fictional setup (Like a fictional Tropical country that might have various types of locomotives/wagons from around the world) I like to run 2cc Trains with other train sets and I'd prefer a modified version thats more balanced against other sets.

EDIT : Looking at older versions source code before the recoding, I noticed that the wagons used the Running cost base for Diesels. I think now what I did for my Modified version I increased the running costs for the engines and then used NotePad++'s replace in file feature to change the wagon and coaches running costs to the costs for RV's since RV's have smaller increaments and typically a lower running cost period (its also what I use with my TrainSets so that I can have wagons that are cheap to run)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I think previously, engines used one RUNNING_COST-base, and wagons another one, but after the recode that has been removed, as it gives wrong results with base cost NewGRF's. It might have been that you just changed the base running costs.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 3.0-alpha1

Post by Transportman »

I just released 3.0-alpha1, which contains the major recode and some small new features and other fixes. It is attached to the first post and on BaNaNaS.

And for those who wonder what happened with the 2.0-branch? I just skipped that because of the recode, we'll be going straight for 3.0.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Know who's coming with new sprites to add ? Me.
BB8100.png
BB8100.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 8744 times
Good old SNCF BB 8100. It is not paletted yet, however.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

This has been my go-to train set for ages and is still the best one by far.

I've spotted a few balance issues,

I think the capacity on the 4th Gen Box needs increasing. the 3rd Gen Box has a capacity of 40 and a length of 0.4 giving it a capacity per tile of 100. The 4th Gen Box has a capacity of 42 and a length of 0.45 giving it a capacity per tile of 93.3 (less than the 3rd gen). An increase to 48 would give a capaicity per tile of 106.6 (a small inprovement over the 3rd Gen).

There's a few speed limits I would like to highlight also,

The 4th Gen Heavy Flat has a speed limit of 63mph which is the same as the standard 4th Gen Flat. I think it needs reducing to 50mph to compensate for it's higher capacity.

The same could be said about the 5th Gen Super Heavy Flat Vs the 5th Gen Heavy Flat. Also i think the Super Heavy Flat should be refittable to the same cargos as the other heavy flats.

The 5th Gen Box has the same speed limit as the 4th Gen Box. If this was increased to 100mph, It would differenciate it from the 4th Gen Box. You could reduce capacity to, say, 55 to compensate?

I see the incorrect weight on the 4th Gen Container Carrier has been fixed (good work), but i think it needs a speed increase to 100mph to compensate for it's low capacity vs the 4th Gen Box Car.

The Speed on the 5th Gen Container Carrier could then be incereased to 125mph as an improvement over the 4th Gen Container Carrier.

EDIT: Just spotted another bug. The capacity of all the wagons with "Goods" as thier default cargo drops by half when refitted to any other cargo. Found this with FIRS 3.

I love the powerful diesel engines in this set (i got a thing for diesels, hence the name!).

I've tried other train sets and i always come back to this one. Great work!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Diesel Power wrote:This has been my go-to train set for ages and is still the best one by far.

I've spotted a few balance issues,

I think the capacity on the 4th Gen Box needs increasing. the 3rd Gen Box has a capacity of 40 and a length of 0.4 giving it a capacity per tile of 100. The 4th Gen Box has a capacity of 42 and a length of 0.45 giving it a capacity per tile of 93.3 (less than the 3rd gen). An increase to 48 would give a capaicity per tile of 106.6 (a small inprovement over the 3rd Gen).

There's a few speed limits I would like to highlight also,

The 4th Gen Heavy Flat has a speed limit of 63mph which is the same as the standard 4th Gen Flat. I think it needs reducing to 50mph to compensate for it's higher capacity.

The same could be said about the 5th Gen Super Heavy Flat Vs the 5th Gen Heavy Flat. Also i think the Super Heavy Flat should be refittable to the same cargos as the other heavy flats.

The 5th Gen Box has the same speed limit as the 4th Gen Box. If this was increased to 100mph, It would differenciate it from the 4th Gen Box. You could reduce capacity to, say, 55 to compensate?

I see the incorrect weight on the 4th Gen Container Carrier has been fixed (good work), but i think it needs a speed increase to 100mph to compensate for it's low capacity vs the 4th Gen Box Car.

The Speed on the 5th Gen Container Carrier could then be incereased to 125mph as an improvement over the 4th Gen Container Carrier.

EDIT: Just spotted another bug. The capacity of all the wagons with "Goods" as thier default cargo drops by half when refitted to any other cargo. Found this with FIRS 3.

I love the powerful diesel engines in this set (i got a thing for diesels, hence the name!).

I've tried other train sets and i always come back to this one. Great work!
Great to hear you like this set. I made a note regarding your balancing proposal, and will consider it at a later moment.

Regarding the capacity drop with "Goods", that might be some (unwanted) behaviour from OpenTTD, but I can fix that by setting the capacity callback in this set.
Rupso
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rupso »

Hey folks !

I love playing this train set. Thanks for the good work! But now I have an issue. I started a game in 1850, transporting only passengers, now its 1892 and i can't buy any passenger cars for my trains.
Before that, I could only buy those available at the game start (1850) which have now expired. I can buy new trains, though.
I'm playing with all regions enabled. Any idea how to fix this ? Savegame is attached
edit : I use the current 3.0 alpha1 and OpenTTD 1.8.0
edit : From 1900 onwards, new wagons are available.

Thank You!
Rups
Attachments
Salzfurt an der Elbe Transport, 5. Jun 1892.sav
(7.19 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Rupso wrote:Hey folks !

I love playing this train set. Thanks for the good work! But now I have an issue. I started a game in 1850, transporting only passengers, now its 1892 and i can't buy any passenger cars for my trains.
Before that, I could only buy those available at the game start (1850) which have now expired. I can buy new trains, though.
I'm playing with all regions enabled. Any idea how to fix this ? Savegame is attached

Thank You!
Rups
Did you use the region parameters ? What GRFs do you use ?
Rupso
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rupso »

acs121 wrote:
Rupso wrote:Hey folks !

Thank You!
Rups
Did you use the region parameters ? What GRFs do you use ?
Hi acs121,
Thanks for the reply.
I used 2cc trams and 2cc trains.
I tested starting a game with only 2cc TrainsInNML active as GRF. Starting it between ~ 1890 and 1900, there are no passenger wagons avaible. Waiting it out should work though :)
All region parameters are active.

greetings

Return to “Graphics Releases”