[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 3.0

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 1.0-RC2

Post by Transportman »

sunshare wrote:because when I update the GRF I get the poster have trains that can have problems like silo wagon?
The changes to the cargo wagons can have that result, as capacities did change, but I don't expect any major problems when upgrading (no guarantees however).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 1.0

Post by Transportman »

Go get some love from the first post or BaNaNaS. I just published the first stable release. Have fun.

Changelog:
  • 1.0 (14/02/2015)
    ----------------
  • Doc: Dates are really difficult for changelogs
  • Doc: Update to readme
  • Fix #7461: HZ 1141 properties
  • Fix #7462: HZ 1141 and TCD E52500 were the same, removed TCD and used graphics for HZ
  • Fix #7465: Some trains were mislabeled
  • Fix r483: Also set the climate availability to none for the obsolete TCDD 52500
  • Fix: Changelog should have 2015 of course
  • Fix: DB 185 TRAXX naming
  • Merge: Some unpushed changes caused branching
  • Update: Translations from webtranslator
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 1.0-RC2

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Transportman wrote:
sunshare wrote:because when I update the GRF I get the poster have trains that can have problems like silo wagon?
The changes to the cargo wagons can have that result, as capacities did change, but I don't expect any major problems when upgrading (no guarantees however).
Those changes have also broken refit at stations, the TRAIN_FLAG_AUTOREFIT has gone missing from all wagons in recent nightlies

Edit: also min compatible version should be changed to 5522, since 5523 removes 3 vehicles which breaks savegames using those vehicles
Elukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Elukka »

Does the feature where train running costs are drastically lower when they're standing still no longer exist? That was one of my favorite aspects of 2cc.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Elukka wrote:Does the feature where train running costs are drastically lower when they're standing still no longer exist? That was one of my favorite aspects of 2cc.
That feature does no longer exist, and will not return, as I see little benefit in it versus the time it would cost to create. I'm also already using a large part of the cost-range, so there is not much room for change based on if the vehicle is stopped or not, and for cheap vehicles will add almost no added value.
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

Thanks for sticking with this project and seeing it through to the end. I have been looking forward to playing 2CC Trains with region control.
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

2cc Trains has become my new trainset of choice. I especially like the way wagons are handled for MUs, as well as the high default purchase costs. The running costs are a bit steep for the games that I play, however (or the efficiency of my network). Still, a 50% reduction in running costs is quite a lot. Would it be possible to add 2/3 or 3/4 as a multiplier option?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Echon wrote:Would it be possible to add 2/3 or 3/4 as a multiplier option?
OpenTTD only supports 2^n multipliers (between a range of 'n's), every other factor would require a lot of work from set developers to work correct-ish, as we need to modify the cost properties of vehicles, which are limited between integer values in the range of 0 to 255. In this set adding 2/3 or 3/4 as option is not going to happen, as I already am using that whole range of 0 to 255, so I have no room to make it work correct-ish (either the lower price vehicles will lump together even more as I reduce prices to reach that 2/3 or 3/4 and rounding will make it even worse, or high price vehicles lump together as more prices reach the 255 value).
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

Thanks for the explanation. I will probably get by with 1/2 then.
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

I forgot to ask: how come monorail is used for metros instead of regular or electric railways?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

With proper rail set loaded with this, they'll run on 3rd rail or metro rail tracks.
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

I see. What railset would you recommend for 2cc?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

NuTracks or just Metro Tracks will do well for 3rd rail.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Echon wrote:I forgot to ask: how come monorail is used for metros instead of regular or electric railways?
Monorail is used for metros if no suitable track set is loaded. If such a set is loaded, this set should work automatically on it, as the most common track-labels for metro are included. If you happen to stumble across a track set that provides metro and this set does not work with it, I would like to know so I can either add support or ask the author of the track set to add one of the common metro labels.
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

Transportman wrote:Monorail is used for metros if no suitable track set is loaded. If such a set is loaded, this set should work automatically on it, as the most common track-labels for metro are included. If you happen to stumble across a track set that provides metro and this set does not work with it, I would like to know so I can either add support or ask the author of the track set to add one of the common metro labels.
I decided to go with Metro Tracks for my new game. It sure looks a lot better than monorail which felt out of place.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

When upgrading trains from DB VT04 'Flying Hamburger' with (typically) 6x Multiple Unit Wagon (Powered) to DB 601 VT11 TEE, I lose passangers. A full train has 400 passengers before the upgrade, but after the upgrade only 100 remain.

How come this? Is it because the wagons change capacity due to the upgrade? Is it a bug?

100 passengers are incidentally the capacity of the Flying Hamburger itself without wagons.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Gankenstein wrote:When upgrading trains from DB VT04 'Flying Hamburger' with (typically) 6x Multiple Unit Wagon (Powered) to DB 601 VT11 TEE, I lose passangers. A full train has 400 passengers before the upgrade, but after the upgrade only 100 remain.

How come this? Is it because the wagons change capacity due to the upgrade? Is it a bug?

100 passengers are incidentally the capacity of the Flying Hamburger itself without wagons.
I don't know how OpenTTD handles changes in capacity with livery overrides, but can you check how the cargo is distributes over your train before and after the replacement?
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

Transportman wrote:how the cargo is distributes over your train before and after the replacement?
Here's an example:

Before the replacement: One Flying Hamburger DMU section at either end, in between 6 Multiple Unit Wagon (powered)'s, capacity 50 passengers each and full, i.e. 8x50 = 400 passengers.

After the replacement: One DB 601 VT11 TEE DMU section at either end, in between 6 Multiple Unit Wagon (powered)'s, capacity 58 passengers each, i.e. total capacity 8x58 = 464 passengers. In the front end TEE section are 58 passengers and in the Multiple Unit Wagon just behind that are 42 passengers.

The game has autoreplace off, this particular series of (engine) replacements was made manually using the 'replace if old' option. Perhaps the game effects the capacity change of the Multiple Unit Wagons by automagically swapping the old wagons for new ones?
Echon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Echon »

Would it be possible to receive news when new wagons become available?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Guys, please, this thread should be for releases/bugs/major upgrades only.

Please direct all your questions/suggestions/discussions/similar here:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69826
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

Return to “Graphics Releases”