Manpower primary industry

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Manpower primary industry

Post by Transportman »

McZapkie wrote:
planetmaker wrote: The only list which exists (except maybe in the sources of OpenGFX) is http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/In ... faultProps and to a lesser degree http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NM ... stry_tiles
thank you, this second plus opengfx *industries.pnlm are very helpful.

Meanwhile, I created new industry, forest logging camp which can be used instead of forest - it cut trees like lumber mill,
but appears randomly like forests. I found it useful for tree growth control in massive multiplayer maps.
There is only one small issue - logging camp is "planted" instead constructed - it sound somewhat silly.
How to force TTD_STR_NEWS_INDUSTRY_CONSTRUCTION instead of TTD_STR_NEWS_INDUSTRY_PLANTED?
I think you would need to set the new_ind_msg property to TTD_STR_NEWS_INDUSTRY_CONSTRUCTION .
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

1.4 version of manpower industries is already available on bananas service.

Logging camp - forest replacement feature is merged into manpower set (standalone logging camp project is temporarily abandoned until all features, including snow aware tiles, will be ready).
There is many logging camp layouts available, some has ISR-style cranes animated if trees are cutted.
Manpower is not mandatory for logging camp, delivered crew does not change production rate (no possibility of such action),
presence of crew is protect logging camp against closure. More details in logging camp thread.

Another change is stockpile limit for steel mill - I underestimated capability of users for spamming industry with stream higher than resource consuming rate (produce rate depend on waiting cargo amount, but is limited) with 65535 tons of waiting coal as an result.
Stockpile limit is large (29 kt for iron ore and 19 kt for coal) and there is wide acceptance hysteresis - once stockpile limit is reached,
acceptance is switched off unless waiting cargo drops below 6 kt limit.
Due to high limit and wide hysteresis, I expect that steel mill should not considered as bad feature causing problems with cargodist or AI
(however I did not tested it with any AI).
You can deliver about 100 trains (assuming 200 t coal load per train) before steel mill coal bunker will be closed - enough time to collect funds
and establish another link (to iron ore mine or/and power station).
I tested this newgrf on my 2096x2096 real-world based map (with sparse resources and high costs) and found interesting phenomena - players
tends to cooperate - one company was delivering coal and other one was delivering ore, additionally one company send passengers to other company mine, to increase its production. Surprisingly symbiosis was a "win-win" strategy.
Maybe someday I will attempt to run server with infrastructure sharing patch...

PS. is it possible to define industry layout depending on construction date or current date?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Given the function OFF so that no new industries appear, I continue to open only the farms. Has a solution that?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sunshare wrote:Given the function OFF so that no new industries appear, I continue to open only the farms. Has a solution that?
Don't use more that one industry newgrf, avoid changing newgrf in existing gamestate - it can break a game.
Everything should work fine if you have freshly generated game (please provide save, if you generated/edited new scenario and any problems appear).
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:
sunshare wrote:Given the function OFF so that no new industries appear, I continue to open only the farms. Has a solution that?
Don't use more that one industry newgrf, avoid changing newgrf in existing gamestate - it can break a game.
Everything should work fine if you have freshly generated game (please provide save, if you generated/edited new scenario and any problems appear).
Only used a NewGRF industry, As is the concept of passengers to primary industries? can be disabled without falling production of primary industry?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sunshare wrote:Only used a NewGRF industry
Did you removed another newgrfs from scenario, or started new scenario?
sunshare wrote: As is the concept of passengers to primary industries? can be disabled without falling production of primary industry?
Setting minimal crew number to zero should switch manpower off, but unfortunately I found a bug: "more than" instead of "more or equal than" sign was used.
I will publish corrected version within next week.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

ok, Hopefully you can fix the bug and soon see the new version
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version available (for testing) here:
https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ma ... ries/files

How to disable manpower:
industries productivity have three stable modes: minimal, normal (with random fluctuation, like original openttd) and maximal,
depending on crew (passenger waiting) amount compared to low level/high level thresholds.
If both low levels are set to zero (and high levels maximised), industry should vary around normal production even without passengers waiting.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Apparently it works well, also farm persists, although this set to OFF
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:New version available (for testing) here:
https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ma ... ries/files

How to disable manpower:
industries productivity have three stable modes: minimal, normal (with random fluctuation, like original openttd) and maximal,
depending on crew (passenger waiting) amount compared to low level/high level thresholds.
If both low levels are set to zero (and high levels maximised), industry should vary around normal production even without passengers waiting.
The grf have problems with industry Farms.
It requires goods to work, and it is always with values 0.
And every so often closes and disappears farm and created one elsewhere.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sunshare wrote:
McZapkie wrote: The grf have problems with industry Farms.
Which version newgrf you are using and which climate?
Goods as an farm supplies are disabled if default settings (destination depending on climate) are untouched,
to activate goods supply feature both condition must apply: grain&livestock must be produced and destination of famr cargos must to be set explicitly to the food processor.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:
sunshare wrote:
McZapkie wrote: The grf have problems with industry Farms.
Which version newgrf you are using and which climate?
Goods as an farm supplies are disabled if default settings (destination depending on climate) are untouched,
to activate goods supply feature both condition must apply: grain&livestock must be produced and destination of famr cargos must to be set explicitly to the food processor.
Ok, so I set version 15, is the last you posted recently.

the food processing plant does not accept me livestock.
Only accepts Steel and grain
Attachments
Sunshare GmbH, 29th Sep 2014#1.png
(169.64 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Sunshare GmbH, 29th Sep 2014.png
(365.02 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

You don't need to disable/enable al chains, just leave them "depending on climate" and default settings would apply.
Good supply for farms appear only, as I mentioned above, for non-standard settings.
Maximal number of crew should be greater than zero to keep standard behaviour.
the food processing plant does not accept me livestock.
Only accepts Steel and grain
Yes, because it have filled up with livestock (stockpile limit), see industry window on the left.
You need to deliver steel - it will boost production of goods and process waiting cargo faster.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

What would be the ideal setting for crew?
What would be the ideal setting for crew? and have a nromal production that does not require a lot of crew?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sunshare wrote:What would be the ideal setting for crew? and have a nromal production that does not require a lot of crew?
Low crew levels = 0
High crew levels default or maximal possible (500, 5000)
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Because food processing plant accepts steel? If I have no Steelworks nearby?
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

You can make an alternate version without the requirement of passengers for production? Leaving the options do not allow creating and closing industries?

I'll be very grateful!
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Just set the paramters for the crew requirements to 0 in the newgrf settings. It'll still report passangers accepted/produced at the industry, but it's entirely optional to actually do anything with them, so you can ignore it entirely.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Gremnon wrote:Just set the paramters for the crew requirements to 0 in the newgrf settings. It'll still report passangers accepted/produced at the industry, but it's entirely optional to actually do anything with them, so you can ignore it entirely.

If I set to 0 production crew is not constant. For this reason requested an alternate version that does not have those options and leaving the other options mentioned above.

As didificil should not remove the option crew and leave the other options currently has Manpower.

Please who can do it? Thank You

Return to “Graphics Releases”