Manpower primary industry

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Manpower primary industry

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:
sunshare wrote:What would be the ideal setting for crew? and have a nromal production that does not require a lot of crew?
Low crew levels = 0
High crew levels default or maximal possible (500, 5000)
You would have to set up so that when an absolute configuration of 0 crew used the industries operate normally as original and does not require passengers and is completely canceled the request.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

What can be done to keep the current game and not have to start a new one, for industries not use more passengers?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sunshare wrote:What can be done to keep the current game and not have to start a new one, for industries not use more passengers?
Nothing. You must start a new game.
This is a reason, why I created "reproducible map" patch, which allow to import all facilities from txt files to scenario editor.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:
sunshare wrote:What can be done to keep the current game and not have to start a new one, for industries not use more passengers?
Nothing. You must start a new game.
This is a reason, why I created "reproducible map" patch, which allow to import all facilities from txt files to scenario editor.
How would that be? as it applies to my current scenario I'm playing?

What happens is configured everything in 0 low and high crew?
Passengers are required to produce the industry?
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Hi

Just a quick Question. I've set all passengers to 0 yet when I create a new map, it "doesn't take" any passenger (aka stockpile them) but produces passengers. Also Production says "crew above minimum, Production low" (paraphrazed) it seems it only happens with primary industries, see screenshot
Attachments
Onbenaam, 1ste Jan 1950.png
(587.29 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

te_lanus wrote:Hi

Just a quick Question. I've set all passengers to 0 yet when I create a new map, it "doesn't take" any passenger (aka stockpile them) but produces passengers. Also Production says "crew above minimum, Production low" (paraphrazed) it seems it only happens with primary industries, see screenshot
Exactly, setting passengers level to 0 means that you don't need to deliver passengers to achieve higher than minimal production level,
it is not disabling both acceptance or production of passengers.
Presented above screenshot was taken immediately after game start. Production does not jump immediately even if crew is above certain level,
it takes some months to build up production (after 3-4 month you should obtain 40..50 tons monthly).

By the way, thresholds for triggering low/normal/high production strings need to be tweaked a bit.
Pity that NML does not allow to use variables embedded in strings.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

McZapkie wrote: Pity that NML does not allow to use variables embedded in strings.
It does. See Eddi's explanation: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4#p1143264
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

planetmaker wrote:
McZapkie wrote: Pity that NML does not allow to use variables embedded in strings.
It does. See Eddi's explanation: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4#p1143264
This explanation, if I understand correctly, concerns units added to constant numerical value, not a numerical variable.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I would expect you can push any value you want and display it simply as {COMMA} or similar in your string (thus no units). Displayed unites (including none) depend on what syntactical entity {COMMA}. {CURRENCY}, ... you choose to eat the parameter. http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NML:Language_files
As that is pushed to the stack in a switch I would expect that to work dynamically.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote:
McZapkie wrote:PS. is it possible to define industry layout depending on construction date or current date?
FIRS Grain Mill does it - only builds windmills before a certain date.
What var[0x86] stands for? Layout number?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 2.2 uploaded to bananas.

Some bug fixes, translations, farm split to arable farm (need passengers for crew and goods as passenger level booster) and animal farm (needs grain as production booster) - such option active if farm product destination is to food processor and grain+livestock are chosen explicitly, otherwise standard farm appear.
More wood destinations - possible to choose factory, paper mill and sawmill simultaneously (but stockpile limits are in use in case of multiple destinations).
Steel mill have furnaces and smoke animation depended on coal stockpile and steel monthly production level:
two steel mills - left active, right abandoned
two steel mills - left active, right abandoned
manpower-steelmill.png (191.13 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
In future I would like to rework other industry to depict their status (production level, stockpile size etc).
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

McZapkie wrote: Steel mill have furnaces and smoke animation depended on (...) steel monthly production level:
manpower-steelmill.png
In future I would like to rework other industry to depict their status (production level, stockpile size etc).
That would also make a good port to OpenGFX+Industries :D
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

planetmaker wrote: That would also make a good port to OpenGFX+Industries :D
Sure, I can upgrade OpenGFX+Industries (and use monthly produced cargo as a switch), when I will be ready with all changes.
Unfortunately, fire/dark red steel mill furnace sprite slightly breaks compatibility with z-Base (because it is new sprite, not a base one reused).
But for OpenGFX+Industries, where only iron ore is delivered, there is enough to use smoke a a one indicator only.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version (2.5) is available on bananas.

Important changes are some bugfixes related to cargo processing, information about stockpile on/off levels,
variable sprites for paper mill and sawmill (wood heaps or bare ground, depending on amount of delivered/stockpiled wood),
variable sprites for coal mines (coal piles or bare ground, depending on production level).

New feature is improved station rating. Basically it works similar as for FIRS, but is selective on cargo type.
Passenger, mail and valuables ratings and rates are unchanged, other cargo have 1, 2, or 3 bonuses (less penalty for less frequent service, for non-express cargo additional less penalty for higher stockpile waiting, for bulk cargo: no penalty for slow vehicles).
For counterbalance of rating bonuses, cargo payment rates are lowered, depending on number of bonuses used for the given cargo.
Example of changes below (sawmills and coal mines with different sprites, cargo payments (additionally passengers rate is lowered with other option) and impact of cargo waiting on station ratings:
industry_display-improved_rating.jpg
(165.59 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Current version of manpower contain new type of "industry" - hamlet (farmstead).
It is small village, which produced some food and passengers.
Useful for initial growth of town or building up nearby industry crew, if large town is to far.

Other changes are: more quantitative description of production levels and mine resources,
logging camp location check for some trees to avoid spawn in deserted area,
good and food have non-zero town growth multiplier (generally this newgrf assue some synergy between industry and towns, therefore influence should go both ways).

By the way, I noticed, that newgrf list https://www.openttd.org/en/server/78471 show this newgrf with Russian description:
Предприятия
OpenGFX+ v5620M
Have no clue, why?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version 2.8 is available online: new translations, some bug fixes (farmstead production change string corrected),
farmstead produce grain instead of food in temperate climate.

Standalone logging camp project is also updated (it tries to spawn in forestry area).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 2.9 was uploaded: new translation and logging camp fix.
pirogronian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pirogronian »

Not sure if I found a bug in latest version (or version between latest published and latest I used before update). When I create multiple raw material industries in neighbourhood (for example forests around a sawmill), it nearly immediately become closed, all at once. With one industry all is fine. Perhaps it is realted to fact, that all this industries had the same name ("Las Frobork" in this case)? I attatched files before and after creating second forest.
Attachments
autosave5.sav
After creating second forest and announcing abolition
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
autosave4.sav
Before creating second forest
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
MlemandPurrs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MlemandPurrs »

Somehow i managed to get a Foodplant that accepts Steel too, using this.
steelatfoodplantvvtf.png
steelatfoodplantvvtf.png (279.84 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

I like the idea, but why industry generates lots of passengers even if they are not supplied?
For example, if I deliver 5 passengers/month it will still generate 100 passengers/month, more than a small town early in the game.
It should be named "Man cloning industries" :-)
I like trains. They are soothing.

Return to “Graphics Releases”