Pineapple Trains (10cc) - 32bpp/ez train set (1.3, July '15)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Pineapple Trains (10cc) - 32bpp/ez train set (1.2, Nov '

Post by PikkaBird »

Who can tell what the future holds? :)

I think the set is pretty nice as it is. I think there's a more pressing need for more pineapple aircraft, road vehicles, ships, industries, houses, infrastructure, landscape...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

PikkaBird wrote:Who can tell what the future holds? :)

I think the set is pretty nice as it is. I think there's a more pressing need for more pineapple aircraft, road vehicles, ships, industries, houses, infrastructure, landscape...
Thats true, though you could leave 10CC open for addon's like UKRS2 and NARS2.5, this way if you get bored of making trains, others can add their own ideas.

If your going to do something for landscape, will there be a full graphic overhaul for all climates? ANd a suggestion, something that irks me in sub-tropic scenarios, maybe desert sand should instead be changed to savana grass like the pineapple trains from the past did.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

NekoMaster wrote:you could leave 10CC open for addon's like UKRS2 and NARS2.5, this way if you get bored of making trains, others can add their own ideas.
I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting here. No newgrf is closed to addons - if you want to make new trains which complement this set, there's nothing I could do to prevent it if I wanted to.
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

PikkaBird wrote:more pineapple aircraft, road vehicles, ships, industries, houses, infrastructure, landscape...
Yes yes yes yes! :P
Glynbd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Glynbd »

Great work, this is now the only train set i use in OTTD, looks good alongside Zbase base set.
Plord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plord »

Hi Pikka

first! this set is owesome, i use it 99% of the time.

I think i found a bug, well i noticed it since the first time i downloaded it, but until now i decided that may be it is not a normal behavour but a bug.

the EnCo. Janet train is double headed but the heads are sticked, you cannot insert wagons between them! i have traid manually and automatically. And despite the slow speed of the train 128 km/h boosting a 2028 cv is quite useful for mountainous trips and i use it A LOT!

thanks in advance!

I forgot to screenshot the bug, but if you require it i can send it to you today at night!
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Plord wrote:the EnCo. Janet train is double headed but the heads are sticked, you cannot insert wagons between them!
I always thought it is an articulated locomotive, not a double-headed one.
Plord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plord »

Sylf wrote:
Plord wrote:the EnCo. Janet train is double headed but the heads are sticked, you cannot insert wagons between them!
Yeah me too... that was the reason i was hessitant to flag it as a bug, but it feels a little akward (the nose of the end anchors with a normal wagon); it is the only one articulated and pikkabird doesnt mention any with this characteristic.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Sylf wrote:
Indeed! In the real world, early powerful electrics were BIG and often articulated. The locomotive the Janet draws the most inspiration from, the GE "Little Joe", does not have an articulated body but does have an articulated underframe.

The name "Janet" is also inspired by "Janus", a common nickname for double-ended locomotives.
Plord wrote: it is the only one articulated
If you don't count almost all the steam engines, perhaps. ;)
Plord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plord »

Oh! now i see, nice... ok today i learned something new and now it makes more sense.

Thanks!
schelimscherwolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by schelimscherwolf »

becasue i absolutly love your trainshere is a complete preview for others check before downloading (i adore the different paintjobs)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

That's awesome, thank you for doing that. :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

A belated happy first birthday, Pineapple Trains! :)

As I just posted on my blog, I found I needed another electric locomotive when playing a game recently. ;) Here it is, the Corvine Interurban:

Since this NewGRF is so big I'd rather not update too often, and one loco isn't much of an update... so I'm thinking I should add another vehicle or two. Anyone got any ideas?
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

I do! Class 66 and 70 style locomotives! Or just a 66! Or a 66 and 14! Or a 66 and 60! Or a 66 and 143! Or a 66 and 159! I could go on! Oh, and I have a suggestion regarding Pineapple Industries when you start to make it - Can you keep it like TaI? I love TaI so much I will use it with everything - even if it is just the aI of it. I like the fact it's expanded regarding the default industries but doesn't go overboard with them like FIRS or ECS. And it is realistic versus YETI but I think that's just his style - unrealism. But if it was just 32bpp TaI I think it would be better than a whole bunch of industries with dozens of cargoes because then it makes the fact that wagons that only use one cargo, only have one cargo.
Last edited by doxlulzem on 10 Apr 2015 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Plord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plord »

I use corvine and Gronk a lot, their cheap maintenance and brutal power (hauling 5 tiles wagons without losing speed) are the major stars for my networks, but with ottd 1.5.0 massive mountains make this machines suffer.

my idea is may be corvine 2 and gronk 2? for small but vertical challenging trips?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

It'd be kind of nice if we could have a Petrol (or Diesel Powered) Doodlebug for lesser used lines.... and/or later on something like the Budd RDC, something a little faster for light usage (but can also be used as a cheap fast commuter)

These are just suggestions but I think that they'd fit in well with the set, considering most railroads, especially tropical ones, use cheap rail busses for lightly used lines.

EDIT : If one or both of those suggestions aren't taken, then perhaps we could have a ugly looking fast commuter locomotive? Something fairly speedy and with simliar looks toa GP40P? It'd be cheap but probably only go 128 to 144 Km\h (80-90 MpH) but it'd have more then enough power to haul a fair sized commuter train
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

I don't know if 10cc is primarily pseudo-American or pseudo-Australian, but perhaps a pseudo-british double cabbed modern diesel would be nice as doxlulzem mentioned.

A small DMU or rail-bus could be useful but maybe it would be an odd fit for the set? What about a slow N.A. style commuter EMU like Nippon-sharyo double decker or gallery sets (or similar to NSW EMUs..) with worse loading speed and top speed than the regular EMUs?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I just realised while playing with the set today that after the AMF Licoin, there isn't any diesels as powerful as that after it, the next diesel being the Grofe B1200, and thats only 1200 HP.

For Passenger, we could have something like the Australian National DL-CLass, IRL its 3340 HP but we could make due with something 2300-2500 HP, so long as it has decent traction and speed (Maybe like 80-90 MPH)

For Fright, maybe something like Downer EDI GT42CU, though again, it wouldn't have the same power in Pineapple Trains as IRL (IRL being 3300 HP). It'd be a little slower then say the B1200 but have more power and traction then the B1200 for modern usage
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

supermop wrote:I don't know if 10cc is primarily pseudo-American
I deduced it was pseudo-American
I mean you got the Class E8, your SD40, your Little Joe, the steamers follow a specific style of a silver front and the general pipe-y exterior of an american steam locomotive, you got the 'switcher' (shunter) trains, the whole feel of the set is american. The observation cars, cabooses and such expand upon that. The way that 3,000hp electric has the Bo Bo Bo bogeys is very American (or not British). Sure the Unity looks like an ICE 3 and the Corvine a crocodile or steeplecab which is very Alpine, and the early electrics (the double pantographed one whatever it's called) looks like an Easter European locomotive so it does have that feel, but all round I'd say it's a pseudo-American set.
Edit: I think the Corvine is more like a BR Class ES1 than a steeplecab but hey ho, only Pikka knows the answer on his inspiration for this set. But American is the dominant theme for sure
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Plord wrote:...with ottd 1.5.0 massive mountains make this machines suffer.

my idea is may be corvine 2 and gronk 2? for small but vertical challenging trips?
Good idea!

Return to “Graphics Releases”