Bonjour tout le monde !
There is already a "French Town Names" NewGRF, by ElDwayne, Alexboy and Ammler. It features relatively well-known names. Well, let me introduce you the "French Small Town Names" NewGRF, featuring really obscure town- and village names from France.
At the moment, it has 34,030 different (and authentic) names, divided in 6 sub-sets:
- Smallest: 32,640 names of the smallest french towns/villages. Some have no inhabitants at all.
- Biggest: 2,040 names of the biggest cities in France.
- Lonely: 19,636 names made of one word.
- Sociable: 14,394 names made of several words.
- Definitely: 1,942 names beginning with a definite article.
- Saints: 3,716 names based on local saints. Yeah, that many.
Of course, some names can be in more than one sub-set.
Available via online content, or at your local Banana store: >> DOWNLOAD
License GPLv2. You'll find here the source code, with a lot of comments:
File comment: NFO source code
FR-Small_towns_names-0.1.nfo [2.23 MiB]
Downloaded 51 times
At the moment, it is translated into English and French. If you want to translate it into your favorite language, contact me (in this topic, or with a PM).
Suggestions are welcome!
Most importantly: have fun!