Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Post by FooBar »

Has something to do with trains not doing 0 speed, but slightly more, when standing at a regular signal. It's weird, but Pikka has the same with Pineapple trains.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Comm Cody wrote:Seems weird that Path Signals and Regular Signals both have different costs. You would assume all signals would be reduced.
FooBar wrote:Has something to do with trains not doing 0 speed, but slightly more, when standing at a regular signal. It's weird, but Pikka has the same with Pineapple trains.
It is weird, but it does work now (for me). Checking for speeds of zero to one kilometer per hour fixes that issue. Thank you for the hint.
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

Why cant i find some of this stuff in-game with bananas?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Gigigonzalez wrote:Why cant i find some of this stuff in-game with bananas?
I'm not sure what You have in mind, but maybe because it haven't been released yet?
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

ISA wrote:
I'm not sure what You have in mind, but maybe because it haven't been released yet?
Canadion stations etc. It shows on banana website yet not in ingame content downloader, tried with openttd 1.4.1
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Gigigonzalez wrote:
ISA wrote:
Canadion stations etc. It shows on banana website yet not in ingame content downloader, tried with openttd 1.4.1
OzTrans has set the highest OpenTTD version with which you can download these sets through bananas to 1.4.0.1.4.2.

[EDIT]OzTrans has updated the highest version[/EDIT]
Last edited by Transportman on 18 Aug 2014 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Gigigonzalez wrote:Canadion stations etc. It shows on banana website yet not in ingame content downloader, tried with openttd 1.4.1
Try again ...
Transportman wrote:OzTrans has set the highest OpenTTD version with which you can download these sets through bananas to 1.4.0.
He has now set them to v1.4.2 ...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

OzTrans wrote:
Gigigonzalez wrote:Canadion stations etc. It shows on banana website yet not in ingame content downloader, tried with openttd 1.4.1
Try again ...
Transportman wrote:OzTrans has set the highest OpenTTD version with which you can download these sets through bananas to 1.4.0.
Despite certain things, thanks for fixing that so that more players can use Canadian grf's, its so nice seeing the stuff from your own homeland in a game.

By the way, if you ever want to add a few new stations, I'd like to suggest the Oshawa Train Station as it's kind of nice, got a roofed station with a modern overpass, and it handles both Via Rail and GO Transit
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

OzTrans wrote:
Try again ...
Thanks!
Why restricting it though? Are you also restricting it from trunk revisions? Perhaps you should turn that off since most people only use trunk versions together with patches, in which case you cannot be responsible if something goes wrong or the GRF would be unstable.

Unless it has another reason.

Thanks anyway
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Gigigonzalez wrote:Perhaps you should turn that off since most people only use trunk versions together with patches, in which case you cannot be responsible if something goes wrong or the GRF would be unstable.
Do you have numbers for "Most people"? People don't only use trunk together with patches, which are more often based on an older revision, but some people just want to play with the latest features that will be in OpenTTD. CargoDist was already in trunk for quite some time before it was part of the release versions.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

Transportman wrote:
Gigigonzalez wrote:Perhaps you should turn that off since most people only use trunk versions together with patches, in which case you cannot be responsible if something goes wrong or the GRF would be unstable.
Do you have numbers for "Most people"? People don't only use trunk together with patches, which are more often based on an older revision, but some people just want to play with the latest features that will be in OpenTTD. CargoDist was already in trunk for quite some time before it was part of the release versions.
Perhaps i was wrong. Either way why do you restrict it to version numbers? If its stability that bothers you just mask or hide them only from official versions until its tested. Or is this not possible?
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Is there going to be a parameter in the newer version to allow toggling or the included basic-looking track set? As it is, it is not well possible to use this set in conjunction with other sets or alternative track sets due to the fact that it must use its own tracks.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Mizari wrote:Is there going to be a parameter in the newer version to allow toggling or the included basic-looking track set? ...
No, there will be no parameter … because all GRF development for OpenTTD has been terminated. There will be no further updates nor any release of new versions of my GRFs, not now and not in the future either.

A few weeks ago, we've had lengthy discussions about the GRFIDs chosen by some members of this community. Unfortunately, these discussions have fallen on deaf ears. and because the animals have now been released, graphics development for OpenTTD has now ceased. Further, none of OpenTTD's presidents thought it necessary to clear this matter up and give GRF authors the necessary certainty in regard to GRF compatibility.

Then, I said and I quote :

"If I cannot have a single complete range or two of GRFIDs for my own personal and exclusive use without interference, then there is no purpose for me to continue GRF development for OpenTTD."

Now, the time has come to pull out … a few weeks ago ... when I wanted to quit, I was asked to reconsider and to give the reckless scoundrels time to fix the issues. Naturally, nothing has happened since and therefore I will not reconsider this time. The decision is final … no wares from me any more.

It is an unfortunate situation, now OpenTTD players will have to bear the consequences, because of a few culprits, a bunch of seasoned thugs, and the total lack of support from OpenTTD's presidents, who thought it unnecessary to provide GRF developers with an environment, where they can quietly develop their wares without interference by others.

BTW, Canadian GRFs are no longer available at the fruit store or any other location for that matter. There is enough rubbish (although there are a few exceptions) available there, my crap contributions surely won't be missed.

[loud cheers can be heard] … from those responsible, who have truly excelled themselves; I'm not the first one to leave and I won't be the last one either …

Have a nice day ...

Return to “Graphics Releases”