Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Post by kamnet »

.gz is a gzip archive, which usually contains a tar archive. Simply unpack the tar file (or, if you prefer, the grf file inside that) to the directory where you save your games.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

wallyweb wrote:
Morgs wrote:I cannot find the files anywhere: on here and the other site.

Where are they?

I am trying to find the Can Stn GRF
There are three ways to find the files:
1 The OTTD in-game online content link
2. GRFCrawler which points to:
3.The NewGRF page on BaNaNaS
:D
Just to clarify further :

1. OTTD in-game content downloads are available in v1.2.3 and v1.3.0 only due to still not fixed bug in the fruit shop software and lack of update when OpenTTD v1.3.2 was released.

3. If you download it from the fruit shop directly, then you just need to unpack the .gz file. Inside you'll find a tar file, that you'll drop into your newgrf directory as is (you may want to rename it, to something more meaningful), or unpack again to get to the GRF and ReadMe, Changelog and License files directly.

As for user guides, they will be available again from the website once the site is up and running. In the meantime, anyone wanting copies, just ask.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Oz, why do you insist on adding a Max OpenTTD version to your grf's on Banana's when I've yet to see a GRF that has problems on newer versions of OpenTTD. What's the point of having a max version anyways when other major sets don't care what version you use so long as its newer thent he minimum version

By adding a max version and disallowing the downloads in nightly and RC versions you're making it harder for those that have little experience with computers, and you're going to continue to get people complaining about "WHERES THE CANADIAN GRFS ON BANANAS"

Why not just get rid of the max version and allow people to download the CanSet grf's in any version that is newer then the Minimum version? It'll make it easier for people updating and downloading GRF's on nightlies, RC's, AND ESPECIALLY BRAND NEW STABLE VERSIONS.

Also when are we going to see that CanSet v3? I asked years ago about it and I was told it would be done around x-mas or new years like 2-3 years ago. It'd be nice if I could choose one of Canada's railroads like CP Rail rather then have to buy and sell a million trains to get what I want.

BTW, while I'm here, could you maybe add NuTrack support or add Railtypes? It would be nice to have Low Speed (80-104Km\h), Medium Speed (128-144 Km\h) and High Speed (160-177 Km\h) rails. Either that or have a set up like the xUSSR set having Branch, Trunk\Main, and High Speed Lines. Either way, high speed lines would be needed for the Turbo Train, LRC, and letting the F40, F59, and GE P42 run at full speed.

Oh, one more thing, it might be nice if CanSet can get a Light Rail\Metro add-on that includes Canadian street cars, light rail vehicles and rapid transit\subway vehicles (like the Ottawa O Train, or the Scarborough RT, or the Toronto "Rocket" Subway cars)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

NekoMaster wrote:... why do you insist on adding a Max OpenTTD version to your grf's on Banana's ...
[comment] no further [/comment]
... to get people complaining about "WHERES THE CANADIAN GRFS ON BANANAS"
If the boys at the dev camp would fix and update (when a new 'Stable' comes out) the Max OpenTTD version at the content downloader, then many more players would have access to the GRFs via the content downloader.

Call yourself lucky that the GRFs are available from the content downloader for solo and multiplayer stable versions at all; we can of course return to bad old days should that be more convenient.

Players new to the game should stick to the stable versions of OpenTTD anyway, at least until they have gained experience to handle issues.
... when are we going to see that CanSet v3? ...
Hello world, anyone working on CanRail v3 ? CanRail version 3 has not been born yet. First, I'd like you to call 'Canadian Trains and Railways' or 'CanRail' for short by its proper name. CanSet is dead and buried, long live CanRail.

CanRail v2.0 is finished; it will be released as soon as the 'Canadian Theme Pack' is ready to be released; CanRail v2.0 is an integral part of it.
I asked years ago about it and I was told it would be done around x-mas or new years like 2-3 years ago. It'd be nice if I could choose one of Canada's railroads like CP Rail rather then have to buy and sell a million trains to get what I want.
It would be nice, unfortunately other things have gotten in the way, like real life. You may want to ask Planetmuker, I believe he is working on a much superior version of Canadian Trains. He should be finished by now ...
... could you maybe add NuTrack support or add Railtypes? It would be nice to have Low Speed (80-104Km\h), Medium Speed (128-144 Km\h) and High Speed (160-177 Km\h) rails. ...
Have you ever had a look at CanRail v1.6. It does have RailTypes implemented, exactly as you asked. Narrow Gauge for low speed, normal rail for medium speed and a high speed track for rail operations of 160 km/h (100 mph) and above. You may want to read page 2 and 3 of the user guide. Should you have missed the opportunity to get a copy when you could, I'm happy to send you one.
... high speed lines would be needed for the Turbo Train, LRC, and letting the F40, F59, and GE P42 run at full speed.
Those trains are all able to show their full potential on the Canadian High Speed Track.
... it might be nice if CanSet can get a Light Rail\Metro add-on that includes Canadian street cars, light rail vehicles and rapid transit\subway vehicles (like the Ottawa O Train, or the Scarborough RT, or the Toronto "Rocket" Subway cars)
Are you going to draw them for either CanRail and/or CanRV ?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I am not even going to argue with what you replied to NekoMaster.

I just want to say thank you for having me wasting a full 3600 seconds searching for can cities v1.1a, to see a problem that I solved in exactly 2 seconds after loading your game with developers tools on to be able to load that game without it.

And no, the one giving me his savegame, to debug it, was not "a newbie" that should have stuck with clean openttd because of being incapable to grasp whatever it is you want newbies to grasp.

Thank you 3600 times, once for every freaking second of my life I wasted because of you having a grudge for whatever stupid reason you may have.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi

i like a lot the parameter to modificate the population factor. Unfortunately original building that are still spreading up are totally messing the wanted effect, as one original building can be equivalent to many canadian one, in term of population .(i like to use the parameter set to 10%, so small towns population can really bump high when a "original" building or house come up).

So some question come to my mind:
- is it a desired effect to keep the original buildings (ogfx) ?
-is there a way to get rid of them? (other than blowing them while they grow)
- any parameter could be added for this in a future ?

thanks
Attachments
screenshot.png
(214.97 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

romazoon wrote:- is it a desired effect to keep the original buildings (ogfx) ?
Canadian City Buildings is not a complete town replacement set yet. There are not enough buildings in the set to cover all TTD 'original' buildings (or OGFX ones). The next version of CanCity will cover all houses; thus adjusting population will then cover the entire town/city.
- is there a way to get rid of them ?
No, CanCity has no control over buildings from other sets (including base sets).
- any parameter could be added for this in a future ?
Not necessary.

Just wait patiently for the next incarnation of CanCity (don't ask when) and your problems will be solved ...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

OzTrans wrote:Canadian City Buildings is not a complete town replacement set
Thanks for explanation
OzTrans wrote:No, CanCity has no control over buildings from other sets
oh sad ;(
OzTrans wrote:Just wait patiently for the next incarnation of CanCity (don't ask when) and your problems will be solved ...
And that sounds fair enough to me ;)
Bobbertcanuck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bobbertcanuck »

Always loved these GRFs ever since I found them. (Witch was about a few days after I started playing OpenTTD)
However, I always had this question about the "CanRail" GRF, why can't I have my own livery?
Don't take this as offence, I love being able to build a Hudson in Canadian Pacific Colours, but I've always wanted one in my own livery.
Will you ever add in a parameter into the GRF thal allows people to use real world Liveries or custom ones?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Bobbertcanuck wrote:Always loved these GRFs ever since I found them. (Witch was about a few days after I started playing OpenTTD)
However, I always had this question about the "CanRail" GRF, why can't I have my own livery?
Don't take this as offence, I love being able to build a Hudson in Canadian Pacific Colours, but I've always wanted one in my own livery.
Will you ever add in a parameter into the GRF thal allows people to use real world Liveries or custom ones?
1) The set has real world liveries, you have to keep buying/selling vehicles to get the locomotive in the livery you want.

2) Oz will never do company colored stuff, as I've ask about that before.....
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Bobbertcanuck wrote:Will you ever add in a parameter into the GRF thal allows people to use real world Liveries or custom ones?
Most of the sprites were drawn by DanMack and 2cc versions by the same artist can be found in NARS.
Bobbertcanuck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bobbertcanuck »

Will Toronto Union Station make an appearance in the Canadian Stations Set?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Bobbertcanuck wrote:Will Toronto Union Station make an appearance in the Canadian Stations Set?
Yes, it will ... in the next relaese ... whenever that is happening ...
Bobbertcanuck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bobbertcanuck »

are there 2-10-4 selkirks in the CanRail grf? And if they are, when do they come out because I can't find them? They are my all time favorite locomotives.

P.S. How did you get those tracks to cross over the tunnels like that and have trains be able to cross over them?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Bobbertcanuck wrote:are there 2-10-4 selkirks in the CanRail grf?
Yes, the Selkirk is in the set. It becomes available 1928 (or thereabouts), but ONLY in an arctic climate game.
... How did you get those tracks to cross over the tunnels like that and have trains be able to cross over them?
Enhanced Tunnels is a TTDPatch only feature; it is not available in OpenTTD.
Mr Fox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Fox »

In your Canadian town names, I notice something. I don't think its a bug, but still. Some of the names for the city if you use the "La belle province QC" there are names that are from the province of Ontario in it. V1.1

Also why is that version 1.6 and 1.6c for the Canadian pack (tunnels, roads, city buildings, stations, towns names, trains & railways) are not compatible with OpenTTD 1.3.2 and up?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Don Karnage wrote:In your Canadian town names, I notice something. I don't think its a bug, but still. Some of the names for the city if you use the "La belle province QC" there are names that are from the province of Ontario in it.
La belle province has only 29 town names, but a game can have many more towns than that, so we filled the list with other names (giving them a very low priority) to come up with a list of about 120 names, so a game with a large number of towns won't get into trouble.
Also why is that version 1.6 and 1.6c for the Canadian pack (tunnels, roads, city buildings, stations, towns names, trains & railways) are not compatible with OpenTTD 1.3.2 and up?
I don't quite understand what you mean. All these GRFs are compatible with OpenTTD v1.3.2 and higher; i.e. v1.3.2, v1.3.0, v1.3.1, v1.3.2, v1.3.3, v1.4.0 and v1.4.1.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

When you use the in-game content download service to search for your files, they do not come up. I believe this is again in regards to the discussion of setting the maximum OpenTTD version on BaNaNas. I believe you should be able to change that now.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

kamnet wrote:When you use the in-game content download service to search for your files, they do not come up. I believe this is again in regards to the discussion of setting the maximum OpenTTD version on BaNaNas. I believe you should be able to change that now.
Yes, I am aware of that. When a new stable version of OpenTTD is released, that maximum value does not get updated for a very long time and I'm not going to check all too often. Currently, v1.4.0 is the highest maximum value possible, although v1.4.1 is out and v1.4.2 is in the works. It should actually be v1.4.2, because that value always reads one release level less; i.e. setting it to v1.4.0 (the highest possible currently) will only allow players of versions v.1.3.999 or less to have access to the downloads.

I have changed that now to v1.4.0, anybody using v1.2.3 through to v1.3.3 have the downloads available. Other than that, the system should be fixed; i.e. 'Lower' ain't 'LowerAndEqual' than the value set.
Mr Fox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Fox »

OzTrans wrote:
Don Karnage wrote:In your Canadian town names, I notice something. I don't think its a bug, but still. Some of the names for the city if you use the "La belle province QC" there are names that are from the province of Ontario in it.
La belle province has only 29 town names, but a game can have many more towns than that, so we filled the list with other names (giving them a very low priority) to come up with a list of about 120 names, so a game with a large number of towns won't get into trouble.
I don't quite understand what you mean. All these GRFs are compatible with OpenTTD v1.3.2 and higher; i.e. v1.3.2, v1.3.0, v1.3.1, v1.3.2, v1.3.3, v1.4.0 and v1.4.1.

If I have other GRF I have this following message : Fatal: GRF disable due to incompatible active graphic file(s) found.

The old version 1.1 have no problem with other GRF.

Return to “Graphics Releases”