Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I hereby present a small grf for all the lazy players arround here: Beul's Mono&Maglev conversion v0.1 can now be found on BaNaNaS.

This grf modifies compatibility of standard rail types to allow electrified trains on monorail and monorail on maglev.
The aim is to make the process of converting to/from monorail and maglev easier.

Known side-effects are that electric trains are now purchasable in monorail depot's. (the same goes for mono and maglev ofc). Furthermore it may (read will) in some cases look silly.

This grf will likely not function well with any other railtype grf. Trainsets with great amounts of vehicles will cause a very long vehicle list. It is also advised not to use this grf if you have vehicles_never_expire enabled.

Also please note that when upgrading/downgrading trains, the wagons should also be replaced.

All feedback/bugs/sugestions are welcome!

Edit:
Added the newgrf to this post

Attachments:
Beuls_railtype_conversion.grf [420 Bytes]
Downloaded 302 times

Last edited by Beul on Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:47 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

1) I see no NewGRF posted. Were you going to update this later?
2) Are you also aware of the Universal Rail Type NewGRF?

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:40 am 
Engineer
Engineer

kamnet wrote:
I did not post the grf here because I thought uploading it to 1 place (BaNaNaS) would make it easier and cleaner if I make updates in the future. But if this is the right way to go I'll upload it to the first post.

kamnet wrote:
2) Are you also aware of the Universal Rail Type NewGRF?
Yes I am, but this functions fundamentally different. Universal Rail Type introduces as the name said: a totally new rail type wich has to be attached to your network. This modification grf totally eliminates the need for an intermediate rail type or engine. It was made with long MP games in mind. The idea is that using this grf converting from ELRL to MONO will be just as simple as converting from RAIL to ELRL. This way you can spend your time expanding your network or watching your trains, in stead of having to convert all trains manually or build special conversion sidings.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Beul wrote:
kamnet wrote:
I did not post the grf here because I thought uploading it to 1 place (BaNaNaS) would make it easier and cleaner if I make updates in the future. But if this is the right way to go I'll upload it to the first post.
Sorry, I didn't see it on BaNaNaS either when I posted. That's a perfectly fine strategy. What I'll be doing myself in the future is posting it to BaNaNaS first, and then posting the direct link to BaNaNaS so that it stays in one place to maintain.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:42 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Is there a grf to pass from electric to maglev?