UK Logos as Characters

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

UK Logos as Characters

Post by Gwyd »

Fun little NewGRF that replaces some of your characters with fun logos :). This gives you London Transport Roundel, BR Double Arrows and NSE flashes. Not recommended for anyone who uses $, €, ¬ or ¦ regularly.
Avaliable via BaNaNaS
Thumbnail.png
Thumbnail.png (8.5 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Attachments
LogoChars.grf
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
LogoChars.nml
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
desiroboy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: UK Logos as Characters

Post by desiroboy »

Hello

Great New GRF but which keys on my keyboard do I press to get the BR Double Arrows?
I can't seem to work it out. None of the keyboard symbols you mentioned produce it.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

It does work. Make sure to have the NewGRF loaded, which is the easiest to do in a game. Then, while in-game you should be able to make it work.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Gwyd wrote: 05 Nov 2021 11:42 Not recommended for anyone who uses $, €, ¬ or ¦ regularly.
Erato wrote: 07 Nov 2022 10:41 It does work. Make sure to have the NewGRF loaded, which is the easiest to do in a game. Then, while in-game you should be able to make it work.
Although I'm not using this NewGRF, I will point out that keyboards for different languages have different symbols printed on the row of number keys above the 'QWERTY' line (oh, and some languages have this row starting 'QWERTZ'), and the OS has different key mappings to reflect this.
The $ is Shift+4 on my keyboard. The Euro symbol is not present on my keyboard and I would have to use the Character Map. Looking up the 3rd and 4th symbols in your list, I see that they are the 'Not Sign' and 'Broken bar'. Using Character map is the only way I'd be able to enter these into OpenTTD as they are not standard keys on my keyboard.
luca009
Engineer
Engineer

Post by luca009 »

Hey there, would you mind publishing the full source for this NewGRF? I really like the idea and would love to play around with it, but I'm having some difficulties recreating it on my own. Thanks in advance!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

luca009 wrote: 11 Nov 2022 19:42 Hey there, would you mind publishing the full source for this NewGRF? I really like the idea and would love to play around with it, but I'm having some difficulties recreating it on my own. Thanks in advance!
The NML is in the first post... it's pretty simple. :)

I assume this grf will only work if you're using the inbuilt glyphs to display text, ie you don't have fonts specified in openttd.cfg.
luca009
Engineer
Engineer

Post by luca009 »

PikkaBird wrote: 12 Nov 2022 00:05 The NML is in the first post... it's pretty simple. :)

I assume this grf will only work if you're using the inbuilt glyphs to display text, ie you don't have fonts specified in openttd.cfg.
I've seen and downloaded the NML, but my issue is that there are some files missing, most notably "logos.png" and "smallLogos.png". I've tried making those files myself, but I can't figure it out (even after reading the wiki entries for graphics).

Return to “Graphics Releases”