NewStations v0.6

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NewStations v0.5

Post by michael blunck »

Auge wrote: A second wish: stairs on a non track platform tile.
What kind of "stairs"? The NewStations "stairs" tile, or an "overpass"?
Thun wrote: NewStations still lacks a proper station building for terminus stations that works with the existing platform halls. [...] What do you think about this, Michael?
Yes, that had been discussed. Something like this will be included, but not in the forthcoming release, which will deal with freight sheds and depot facilities.

regards
Michael
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Another tile request related to station halls - you have tracked and untracked versions, but no buffers under them. Would it be possible to have the buffers display a 'station hall' version (or even two, for small and large ones) if there are such roofs on both sides of them?

Also neat would be a variation of the 'small' station hall where the rooflines were perpendicular to the tracks; this would help in the construction of stations which have tracks at both angles.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
michael blunck wrote:
Auge wrote: A second wish: stairs on a non track platform tile.
What kind of "stairs"? The NewStations "stairs" tile, or an "overpass"?
Imeant the NewStations stairs. I made a mockup to clarify my wish.
the implemented stairs
the implemented stairs
stairs1.png (11.84 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
my wish (with or without the (now deleted) roof)
my wish (with or without the (now deleted) roof)
stairs2.png (11.82 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
Tschö, Auge
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

Just wondering if you can have the current stations converted so the they are on each side of the track only or in the middle only, and not on every side for a single track?

Thanks
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

jonnie47 wrote:Just wondering if you can have the current stations converted so the they are on each side of the track only or in the middle only, and not on every side for a single track?

Thanks
Just no. This has been discussed many times with Michael and he has made his views very clear on the matter. It won't be happening.
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

Ameecher wrote:
jonnie47 wrote:Just wondering if you can have the current stations converted so the they are on each side of the track only or in the middle only, and not on every side for a single track?

Thanks
Just no. This has been discussed many times with Michael and he has made his views very clear on the matter. It won't be happening.
What "views"? If he doesn't want to do something, it's his set, but you can't expect everyone to automatically know everything about what michael blunck has refused to do. "Just search for it"? A search engine doesn't cut it; you would have to read every one of his over 4300 posts or something equally ridiculous.

If you're going to say it won't happen, please be polite about it, and realize you are not going to be able to stop people from asking, nor will this be the last time someone has to answer the question.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Twyster wrote:
Ameecher wrote:

Thanks
What "views"? If he doesn't want to do something, it's his set, but you can't expect everyone to automatically know everything about what michael blunck has refused to do. "Just search for it"? A search engine doesn't cut it; you would have to read every one of his over 4300 posts or something equally ridiculous.

If you're going to say it won't happen, please be polite about it, and realize you are not going to be able to stop people from asking, nor will this be the last time someone has to answer the question.
I don't see in what you can consider the answer of Ameecher unpolite. He just answers clearly and simply to the question.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Twyster wrote: "Just search for it"? A search engine doesn't cut it; you would have to read every one of his over 4300 posts or something equally ridiculous.
It wouldn't do anybody any harm to at least give his graphics development topic a once-through to see if the question has ever been asked.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

jonnie47 wrote: Just wondering if you can have the current stations converted so the they are on each side of the track only or in the middle only, and not on every side for a single track?
As already pointed out by Ameecher, this had indeed been discussed many times by various groups of people, including me, e.g. in the BMSS thread:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... f8#p895519
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... f8#p897342

Apart from those "visual/artistic shortcomings", I´ve pointed out elsewhere that it´s not easy to simply "convert" the current layout of stations in the NewStations set. This would require some major changes to the code which will not happen, at least not for the next release (version 0.6).

It *might* be implemented in a later version, though. We´ll see (no promises).

regards
Michael
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

kamnet wrote:
Twyster wrote: "Just search for it"? A search engine doesn't cut it; you would have to read every one of his over 4300 posts or something equally ridiculous.
It wouldn't do anybody any harm to at least give his graphics development topic a once-through to see if the question has ever been asked.
That's true, but if a newcomer (although with over 1000 posts it might be debatable whether jonnie74's a newcomer) doesn't know about it, it wouldn't hurt to tell him so. Yes, it gets annoying, but it's not the same person that needs to know each time; it's a different person with no previous experience asking the same question. If it's something like "can I build underwater tunnels" then they should look it up on the wiki because THAT is obvious. This is not as obvious unless you've been around for a while.

And the only reason I'm an "exception" is because I once registered here long ago, got to know the community, then left to put my attention to other things while occasionally spending a couple weeks lurking here and there. Technically, I've been here since 2003 and you can't expect one, let alone every complete newbie to have 10 years of experience under their belt.
keoz wrote:I don't see in what you can consider the answer of Ameecher unpolite. He just answers clearly and simply to the question.
Well, it wasn't overly rude, but I think this qualifies:
Ameecher wrote:

Thanks
Just no.
Also, I don't really want to create an argument about this whole "look it up yourself" thing and risk making michael rethink his words just now, so I'll just stop before I get myself into trouble.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Twyster wrote:
kamnet wrote:
That's true, but if a newcomer (although with over 1000 posts it might be debatable whether jonnie74's a newcomer) doesn't know about it, it wouldn't hurt to tell him so. Yes, it gets annoying, but it's not the same person that needs to know each time; it's a different person with no previous experience asking the same question. This is not as obvious unless you've been around for a while.
Well, you can see it pretty clear :
1. mb doesn't make it into the set; if he had, then the question doesn't exist
2. Ameecher just says that "his view is clear", not something like "WIP" or alike

So in general, this leads to a long nooo.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I've found a very rare bug. The station hall (large) appears to randomly rotate one of the ground sprites on one of the loading states. I've tried to capture it as best I can, don't know if it is sufficient for you.
Attachments
Zdiar Transport, 17th Apr 2059.png
Zdiar Transport, 17th Apr 2059.png (114.56 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
Zdiar Transport, 17th Apr 2059#2.png
Zdiar Transport, 17th Apr 2059#2.png (229.59 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote:I've found a very rare bug. The station hall (large) appears to randomly rotate one of the ground sprites on one of the loading states. I've tried to capture it as best I can, don't know if it is sufficient for you.
Ah. Thanks for the report, will be fixed.

regards
Michael
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

michael blunck wrote:
Michi_cc wrote: Feature request: If an underpass tile is on a slope and shows foundations, have it show an entryway, like the Bamberg extension for example, and not a plain wall.
There´ll be one old-style and one modern entry in the next release:
UPASS1.png
UPASS2.png
regards
Michael
whats the grf for the track in that picture?
Jetrain
YATTC
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Probably a rail GRF that haven't been released yet by michael.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Those rails are part of DBrails (yet to be released).

regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Another one. When a station is built on the slope above a coast tile water is seen rippling along the bottom of the wall, see attached.
Attachments
Sursee Transport, 1st Jan 1930.png
(539.24 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

it took me ages to see that one...
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote:Another one. When a station is built on the slope above a coast tile water is seen rippling along the bottom of the wall, see attached.
Another good find! It´s because coast tiles are handled as water tiles. However, this has already been fixed in the upcoming version. Thanks again.
fixed.png
fixed.png (32 KiB) Viewed 5094 times
regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

michael blunck wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Another one. When a station is built on the slope above a coast tile water is seen rippling along the bottom of the wall, see attached.
Another good find! It´s because coast tiles are handled as water tiles. However, this has already been fixed in the upcoming version. Thanks again.
fixed.png
regards
Michael
I feel like such a pedant when I find these! Sorry!

Return to “Graphics Releases”