NewStations v0.6

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NewStations v0.5

Post by michael blunck »

Ameecher wrote: I feel like such a pedant when I find these! Sorry!
Nah. You´re very much welcome. Only by help of the "pedants" all those small bugs and glitches can be hunted down. :cool:

regards
Michael
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Hi, may I have one question?
When do these two stations become available?
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

Just have a look at the readme-file.
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

lugo wrote:Just have a look at the readme-file.
well, it says 1920. It`s 1989 in my game and I still can`t use Bamberg station since it`s shaded.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

ens wrote:
lugo wrote:Just have a look at the readme-file.
well, it says 1920. It`s 1989 in my game and I still can`t use Bamberg station since it`s shaded.
It becomes unavailable to build at some point. IIRC, it's about 1970
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

I think I've posted this before but... Michael, What is the newgrf tracks that appear in your screens and where can i get them?
Jetrain
YATTC
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

trainman1432 wrote:I think I've posted this before but... Michael, What is the newgrf tracks that appear in your screens and where can i get them?
The tracks are not part of NewStations. They are part of the not released DB-Set 0.9.

Tschö, Auge
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Auge wrote:
trainman1432 wrote:I think I've posted this before but... Michael, What is the newgrf tracks that appear in your screens and where can i get them?
The tracks are not part of NewStations. They are part of the not released DB-Set 0.9.

Tschö, Auge

Why hasn't he released it?
Jetrain
YATTC
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Thanks Auge and FooBar.

There will be a release of the DBXL 0.9 this year, most probably in late spring (may?), depending on available time for customizing the set. There has been already considerable effort in regenerating the vehicle graphics since december last year, which is being documented and discussed on the German tt-forums, starting here.

There will be also a detached "DBrails" set, accompanying the DBXL set, but also usable with third party train vehicle sets. At least that´s the plan.

regards
Michael
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

<bump>

See first post for NewStations 0.6.

regards
Michael
Dave

Re: NewStations v0.6

Post by Dave »

Yesssss a building-less waypoint!

Looks amazing as ever Mr Blunck!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Good thing I had some tissues ready.

True work of art, as always.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Excellent stuff!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Drakous79
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakous79 »

Very nice locomotive depots :) Could they work as train depots?

Donotreadme could contain an entry in highlights about 3 new small station buildings (Olten, Kufstein, Buir).

I've noticed there is additional building on monorail waypoint sprites (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r2366 (Windows)). The issue exists in v0.51 too.

---
And unfortunately, I am still getting the crash with v0.6: TTDLOADW.OVL fails, while processing sprites for ID 0004; Feature 04; Callback 18; GRF file newgrf/NEWSTATSW.GRF; Sprite number 0008 (hex).

Tried to set "aibuildrailchance 0", but the crash still happens. The same situation, if I overtake all AI's companies.

Attaching files.
Attachments
CRASH019.TXT
Crash log
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Save_and_cfg.zip
Save file, NewGRF config and TTDPatch config
(182.84 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Broken monorail waypoints
Broken monorail waypoints
Broken Waypoints.jpg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
Last edited by Drakous79 on 19 Aug 2014 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Drakous79 wrote: Very nice locomotive depots :) Could they work as train depots?
No, unfortunately not. "Depots" aren´t stations.

I had thought about making roundhouse tiles drive-through, so you could place a real depot behind such tiles, but that had a lot of issues.
Drakous79 wrote: Donotreadme could contain an entry in highlights about 3 new small station buildings (Olten, Kufstein, Buir).
Those aren´t new. They´ve been already in v0.42.
Drakous79 wrote: I've noticed there is additional building on monorail waypoint sprites (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r2366 (Windows)). The issue exists in v0.51 too.
Thanks for the report. That´s an interesting bug, I´ll investigate.
Drakous79 wrote: And unfortunately, I am still getting the crash with v0.6: TTDLOADW.OVL fails, while processing sprites for ID 0004; Feature 04; Callback 18; GRF file newgrf/NEWSTATSW.GRF; Sprite number 0008 (hex).
Hm. That´s a totally different crash. That sprite (0x08) is a simple recolour sprite. Although it seems to be happen again when the AI tries to build some station.
Drakous79 wrote: Tried to set "aibuildrailchance 0", but the crash still happens. The same situation, if I overtake all AI's companies.
Hunting such bugs is quite time-consuming, but I´ll have a look into it.

regards
Michael
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

michael blunck wrote:
Drakous79 wrote: I've noticed there is additional building on monorail waypoint sprites (TTDPatch 2.6 alpha 0 r2366 (Windows)). The issue exists in v0.51 too.
Ah! We had that before:
See: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1058022 and
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1058042 my reply.

Obviously, OTTD isn´t affected, probably because it doesn´t adhere (anymore?) fully to the specs. ATM, I don´t know how to fix it easily.

regards
Michael
Drakous79
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakous79 »

michael blunck wrote: Those aren´t new. They´ve been already in v0.42.
I am sorry, I thought they are new, because I discovered them recently :oops:
michael blunck wrote:

Ah! We had that before:
See: viewtopic.php?p=1058022#p1058022 and
viewtopic.php?p=1058042#p1058042 my reply.

Obviously, OTTD isn´t affected, probably because it doesn´t adhere (anymore?) fully to the specs. ATM, I don´t know how to fix it easily.
It is strange, because fake sprites affect only one orientation. I checked UK Waypoints, and they behave as intended, but they have no paths - one track one building.

I know virtually nothing about inner workings of new graphics, but I will gladly help with testing if needed. If you manage to fix it one day, I'll be happy.

Attaching another screen in case it helps, where maglev looks fine, but has wrong paths.
michael blunck wrote: Hm. That´s a totally different crash. That sprite (0x08) is a simple recolour sprite. Although it seems to be happen again when the AI tries to build some station.

Hunting such bugs is quite time-consuming, but I´ll have a look into it.
Thank you! I will be trying to find something too.

So far I have a save (attaching), where the crash happens on 24th of April. If I turn NewStations off on 20th of April, I can get past crash date. Sadly it is different sprite than 0x08:
ID 0004; Feature 04; Callback 18; GRF file newgrf/NEWSTATSW.GRF; Sprite number 1041 (hex).
Attachments
Waypoints Again.jpg
Comparision of basic rail types
(443.11 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
TRT32.ZIP
Sprite 1041 on 24th April
(168.92 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Drakous79 wrote: [glitch with waypoints]

It is strange, because fake sprites affect only one orientation. I checked UK Waypoints, and they behave as intended, but they have no paths - one track one building.

I know virtually nothing about inner workings of new graphics, but I will gladly help with testing if needed. If you manage to fix it one day, I'll be happy.

Attaching another screen in case it helps, where maglev looks fine, but has wrong paths.
The reason for the glitch is known, as I wrote here. You can´t do anything about it. We have to wait what OTTD developers say who´s to blame: TTDPatch or OTTD.
Drakous79 wrote: [crash with AI]

So far I have a save (attaching), where the crash happens on 24th of April. If I turn NewStations off on 20th of April, I can get past crash date. Sadly it is different sprite than 0x08:
ID 0004; Feature 04; Callback 18; GRF file newgrf/NEWSTATSW.GRF; Sprite number 1041 (hex).
Yeah, that´s the same sprite as in your first report. I´m trying to investigate that AI problem in the next days.

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Releases”