[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ajee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by ajee »

EDIT: solved, thanks!
TheNewTeddy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Hello; its been years since I've played this game so I apologize if I use bad terminology; but the base in-game "check online content" downloader, lists eGRVTS2 as including vehicles from "1980 to 2070" whereas the "Detailed NewGRF information" file in "NewGRF Settings" lists vehicles from "1800 to 2070" whereas starting a new game and checking the introduction date for the earliest (horse) vehicles at 1700

?( (scratches head) I suppose this is a "hey I noticed this thing for fixing" / "I am confused" post?
alevan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alevan »

Hi. I noticed a possible bug / feature.

I left my game on for a few hours, and it got to year 2266. But this far in the future, I could no longer buy cars or trams, or build streets.

If it is a feature, could you make the last available vehicles to never expire?
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

That's probably an oversight.
Bear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bear »

"Transfer and take cargo with refit to <fixed cargo>" doesn't work... at least not with horses.

Intended is that the wagon unloads a cargo for pickup by another vehicle and loads a different cargo, perhaps produced at current station. Actual is that the cargo already on the wagon unloads briefly, then loads back on; no refit.

Control is unloading cargo accepted at station and loading another available cargo. Works as expected.

Guess wagon attempts to load before refit; if load fails, refit succeeds and then another load attempt succeeds. Because. -?

Use case with FIRS has, say: (wagon 1) Ore from mine to furnace and return; (wagon 2) Pigs from furnace to foundry and return. Now let's work the wagons on the return: (2) ES foundry to furnace, transfer; (1) ES back to mine, boost production, $$$. (Yes one could use a single wagon making all three stops but.)

Various workaround attempts fail. Can't refit without unloading; can't unload, leave empty and refit at a dummy station, then return for pickup (because wagon skips dummy stop). Must drop at a dedicated transfer platform, then go load at main.

Replicated bug with only eGRVTS2 newGRF loaded; OpendTTD 1.9.3 via Android port 1.9.3.84 (2019Sep23). I have the test game saved, as well as shots, if anyone wants to see.

Note this transfer-and-refit is usual with rail, works. Surprised I never tried it before with RVs but I tend to limit them to pax.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Bear wrote: 05 Mar 2020 01:20 "Transfer and take cargo with refit to <fixed cargo>" doesn't work... at least not with horses.
This will 99% most likely be a cargodist issue not an eGRVTS issue. If you're going A->B there, it sounds like a backlink B->A has been created, and the cargo awaiting transfer is reloaded.

That said, there's also a chance it's a bug with articulated road vehicles not becoming available for refit after unloading.
sky81
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sky81 »

Can someone tell me how to compile the sources for eGRVTS2? There is a file name compile.ps1, but how can I run it? Is neither a pyton or a bach file
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

.ps1 is the extension for Windows Powershell scripts. It's the new 'batch' on recent (>=7) versions of Windows.
(you might have to enable the execution of shell-scripts, see here)

If you're not using Windows, well I guess you'll have to translate the script to your preferred shell language.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

sky81 wrote: 07 May 2020 12:34 Can someone tell me how to compile the sources for eGRVTS2? There is a file name compile.ps1, but how can I run it? Is neither a pyton or a bach file
arikover wrote: 07 May 2020 13:29 .ps1 is the extension for Windows Powershell scripts. It's the new 'batch' on recent (>=7) versions of Windows.
(you might have to enable the execution of shell-scripts, see here)

If you're not using Windows, well I guess you'll have to translate the script to your preferred shell language.
I could compile it for you. What changes did you make compared to r203?
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
sky81
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sky81 »

I manage to compile it. Thank you for your help. Still, you don't get error when trying to play it in openttd? I got some errors like unknown property Ox17 on action 0 sprite 10. Thanks again
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

sky81 wrote: 09 May 2020 05:13 I manage to compile it. Thank you for your help. Still, you don't get error when trying to play it in openttd? I got some errors like unknown property Ox17 on action 0 sprite 10. Thanks again
It probably means you are using a grf with tramtypes on a version of OTTD that doesn't support it.
sky81
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sky81 »

Indeed I was using vrs 1.8.0 . But this is strange as I had trams on 1.8.0. Are there different trams?
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

sky81 wrote: 10 May 2020 06:05 Indeed I was using vrs 1.8.0 . But this is strange as I had trams on 1.8.0. Are there different trams?
The r203 source is an "unoficial" version that added explicit support for NRT.
NotRoadTypes allow for example to have horse trams without a overhead catenary, you need another grf for that though.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

sky81 wrote: 10 May 2020 06:05 Indeed I was using vrs 1.8.0 . But this is strange as I had trams on 1.8.0. Are there different trams?
OpenTTD has had regular trams for a while now, but with RATT/NRT that allows for road and tram types like differnt types of road or electrified and non-electrified tram tracks (handy for those early non-electric trams like steam and horse trams)

unspooled, U&RATT and other RATT GRF's should have various types of tram rails that are compatible with Road Vehicle sets that have NRT support.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Just curious is there a version of eGRVTS that support tram NRT? I'm having a 1700s play and yet when I use tram I need to build electric tram which is 100 years early.
I am Limyx826.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Limyx826 wrote: 25 Apr 2021 07:10 Just curious is there a version of eGRVTS that support tram NRT? I'm having a 1700s play and yet when I use tram I need to build electric tram which is 100 years early.
eGRVTS does not have non-electric trams. Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles introduces horse-drawn tram wagons in 1790. 2CC Trams introduces steam trams in 1872. Both Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles and PolRoads has animal-drawn road wagons in 1700.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

kamnet wrote: 25 Apr 2021 08:38 eGRVTS does not have non-electric trams. Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles introduces horse-drawn tram wagons in 1790. 2CC Trams introduces steam trams in 1872. Both Timberwolf's UK Road Vehicles and PolRoads has animal-drawn road wagons in 1700.
Thanks
I am Limyx826.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

kamnet wrote: 25 Apr 2021 08:38eGRVTS does not have non-electric trams.
Ehhhh ...
Utvalg_087.png
Utvalg_087.png (11.27 KiB) Viewed 7912 times
But personally, I'm very pleased with the RoadHog trams, available from 1860.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

I think the first post on the previous page has a version with NRT support...
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

leifbk wrote: 25 Apr 2021 09:18
kamnet wrote: 25 Apr 2021 08:38eGRVTS does not have non-electric trams.
Ehhhh ...
Oh, yes! Brain collapse. ;)

Return to “Graphics Releases”