[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by SimYouLater »

I've done it! eGRVTS2 is now compatible with tramtypes.
Attachments
eGRVTS2.grf
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
eGRVTS2 r203.7z
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 256 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

SimYouLater wrote: 08 Aug 2019 00:30 I've done it! eGRVTS2 is now compatible with tramtypes.
Oh nice! Thank you! That will be handy when NRT actually gets implimented into Trunk and Patch Packs
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

NekoMaster wrote: 08 Aug 2019 03:24
SimYouLater wrote: 08 Aug 2019 00:30 I've done it! eGRVTS2 is now compatible with tramtypes.
Oh nice! Thank you! That will be handy when NRT actually gets implimented into Trunk and Patch Packs
It was nothing. All I did was ask for some help and add a tramtype to self-propelled and horse-drawn trams.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

It's in trunk (Master) right now if you're playing nightlies. JGR's patchpack also has a branch with NRT merged.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Aegir wrote: 08 Aug 2019 10:06
It's in trunk (Master) right now if you're playing nightlies. JGR's patchpack also has a branch with NRT merged.
OH? I didn't know, with all the fighting about how to impliment it in the past I figured it would have taken a long time if ever for NRT to get implimented :D
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

This is normal. They NEED to go to truck stations - or loading bays as it's said normally.
Now, there are two types of loading bays : one is in some sort of "cul-de-sac" and occupies a tile where there shouldn't be a road, and there are "drive-through" stops where they are directly on the road. For evident reasons, articulated trucks such as the Mettler Archer can only stop in drive-through stops/
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

the link for grvts32 is not working.. can you please update it? thank so much
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

relu19 wrote: 09 Sep 2019 14:41 the link for grvts32 is not working.. can you please update it? thank so much
I have a copy in my Google Drive here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Just download the "GRVTS_32_bpp_GRF.tar" and put it into your "Documents/OpenTTD/data" (or /newgrf) folder.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

thank you so much
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi all

Fistly, thank you for this NewGRF. We have been using it from years in our servers. It's a great set.
Today, playing a game with FIRS with In a hot country (Heart of Darkness) economy, one of the players of the server noticed that there is not available trucks for transporting coffee at any age. I do not know if this is intended. I suposse no, so im reporting it here.

Thanks in advance,
Montana.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Monty_Montana wrote: 14 Oct 2019 18:12 Hi all

Fistly, thank you for this NewGRF. We have been using it from years in our servers. It's a great set.
Today, playing a game with FIRS with In a hot country (Heart of Darkness) economy, one of the players of the server noticed that there is not available trucks for transporting coffee at any age. I do not know if this is intended. I suposse no, so im reporting it here.

Thanks in advance,
Montana.
GRVTS is an older set. Try using eGRVTS instead. It should support modern NewGRFs.
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

kamnet wrote: 14 Oct 2019 22:44 GRVTS is an older set. Try using eGRVTS instead. It should support modern NewGRFs.
Well, maybe i was not rigorous enough ( :lol: ). The set we are using is eGRVTS v2.0 - r188 (id = 52571203, MD5= 7CE88A25DDB058C1BE577B88D049B274). I have read this thread and seems there are a new version, which i have not tested (Dr. B. Ching » 29 Nov 2018, 13:23, release r202) but it isn't in bananas.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Monty_Montana wrote: 14 Oct 2019 23:41
kamnet wrote: 14 Oct 2019 22:44 GRVTS is an older set. Try using eGRVTS instead. It should support modern NewGRFs.
Well, maybe i was not rigorous enough ( :lol: ). The set we are using is eGRVTS v2.0 - r188 (id = 52571203, MD5= 7CE88A25DDB058C1BE577B88D049B274). I have read this thread and seems there are a new version, which i have not tested (Dr. B. Ching » 29 Nov 2018, 13:23, release r202) but it isn't in bananas.
What version of FIRS are you using?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Monty_Montana wrote: 15 Oct 2019 16:56 It's FIRS 3.0.12.
Now that I got my issues sorted out, loading up eGRVTS v2.0 r202, I'm getting vehicles that haul coffee:

1/2/4 Horse Covered Vehicle in 1890
Pitman's Box Truck in 1900
Stanley General Box Truck in 1917
Mahan Box Truck in 1930
Stanley Master Box Truck in 1942
Hereford Regal Box Truck and Box Trailer in 1953
AbiL Flex Express Box Truck in 1975
Whitsharp Brooks Box Truck in 1982
Mettler Archer Box Trailer in 1983
Stryer Express Box Truck in 2003
Locus Box Truck in 2013
Edding Articulo Box Trailer in 2014
XPR Ultima Express Box Truck in 2030
Locus Galahad Box Trailer in 2043
Eldin Verso Special with Box Trailer in 2063
Eldin Verso Express Box Truck in 2065
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi

Oh, thanks for the listing. It is grate when someone do reply with such rigour, thanks for the effort :D .

The problem is we are using r188. I have looked for r 202, but its not in Bananas (as a previous message said:)
Dr. B. Ching wrote: 29 Nov 2018 10:23
so thats what made the confussion.

Due to r202 is finished yet, and seems to have less bugs, could it, please, be uploaded to Bananas? It is easier to people to enjoy the set. (at least till r203 (the version NRT-compatible) is released).

Thanks in advance,

Montana.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

eGRVTS shouldn't need an update for NRT. It only has regular surface trucks and trams. It's up to the road sets to determine which types of vehicles can run on them, IIRC.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote: 17 Oct 2019 03:40 eGRVTS shouldn't need an update for NRT. It only has regular surface trucks and trams. It's up to the road sets to determine which types of vehicles can run on them, IIRC.
Actually running eGRVTS trams dont work with NRT sets for some reason, Road sets need to specify what type of tram tracks their trams can run on (like horse drawn trams and steam trams should be able to run on basic unelectrified tram track)

I tried using v190 with JGR PP 0.32-rc5 and the trams wouldn't even appear on any tram type using unspooled or RATT roads.
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Could anyone help me to compile this GRF? I'm new to NML. I'm thinking about re-balancing some values of the early vehicles so you don't need to manage as many small vehicles in a given route. I really like the consistency and vanilla-like visual style of this set, so I don't want to use others.

I get this error when running the included Power Shell script:

Code: Select all

-= Build GRF =-
nmlc --grf ".\_outputs\eGRVTS2.grf" --nfo ".\_outputs\eGRVTS2-nml.nfo"  ".\_outputs\eGRVTS2.nml"
nmlc ERROR: ".\_outputs\eGRVTS2.nml", line 119: Syntax error, unexpected token "{"
Edit: nevermind, figured it out. I needed the very latest version of nml from github. Installed Python 3.8, then latest Pillow and ply via pip3. Then run "python setup.py install". This way it worked.
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Maybe someone already did this? The vehicles in this set seem seriously underpowered in terms of throughput. I'm using FISH ships for a passenger transport network and eGRVTS2 for linking inland cities together. It's extremely hard to make those routes able to fulfill the transportation needs. This is with day length = 2 (twice less cargo than normal), -2.0 town cargo modifier (should make 1/4 of cargo as I understand) and Early Houses NewGRF. I can't imagine trying to use these vehicles at all with normal settings, it'll be insane (50+ horse carriages between each small town). I could of course just multiply all capacities and running costs by 2 but that'll make some more modern vehicles much more capable than the default set.

I think there needs to be some kind of gameplay-friendly version with modified parameters. Less realistic but playable at all eras. Now all vehicles increase capacity, speed and power at the same time as eras progress. Maybe they could instead have a less steep curve of capacity/era (making early vehicles at least somewhat playable) while keeping the existing speed curve?

- 6-horse carriages are seems to be almost non-profitable. Sending just one between 2 cities 30 blocks apart (no jams, etc) only barely keeps this thing in positive numbers. Running Costs = Medium. I'm not sure 32km/h from 26km/h is good enough to justify such a steep price for those. Maybe these should have a slightly higher capacity as well?
- Early trams should probably have 2x capacity compared to wheeled vehicles. It's not unrealistic to have capable trams in 1900s.

Return to “Graphics Releases”