[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

shadowolf211
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by shadowolf211 »

How do I get egrvts 32 bpp working on android I placed it in sdcard0/Android/data/org.openttd.SDL/.openttd/newgrf but I don't show up in my newgrf menu. Any help? :|
Kys Keep Yourself Safe :wink:
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Did you search for egrvts or grvts? There's no 32bpp egrvts, as far as I know.
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

egrvts 32 bpp exists but is a really rare and old version based in GRVTS 1.
Well, in reality is GRVTS 32bpp, egrvts 32 bpp don't exists... at least I don't remember this newGRF.

More info in: In my opinion, install eGRVTS 2 from the online content of OTTD.
No problems, no complicated installations, only select the newGRF and the program installs all for you.

And for the last eGRVTS 2, but don't have auto-install:
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
lyarenei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lyarenei »

Hi, I noticed today, that the horse-drawn carriages won't refit at station / depo order if they have already refitted at once in their orders. The other vehicles seems refitting without any problems, though I haven't tested it with many vehicles. I don't know if this set is still in development as I see that the r188 was compiled in 2013, but if there was someone interested...

Just pick random horse-drawn vehicle from set, then give it at least two orders with refit at station or depo to different cargo. The vehicle will then never refit at any of the refit orders after first refit.

Reproduced with trunk r27893 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r188.

Edit: Also with trunk r27895 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r190.
Edit 2: I also should have mentioned, that the vehicles are empty when refitting.
Last edited by lyarenei on 21 Aug 2017 17:09, edited 2 times in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

lyarenei wrote:Hi, I noticed today, that the horse-drawn carriages won't refit at station / depo order if they have already refitted at once in their orders. The other vehicles seems refitting without any problems, though I haven't tested it with many vehicles. I don't know if this set is still in development as I see that the r188 was compiled in 2013, but if there was someone interested...

Just pick random horse-drawn vehicle from set, then give it at least two orders with refit at station or depo to different cargo. The vehicle will then never refit at any of the refit orders after first refit.

Reproduced with trunk r27893 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r188.
Have you tried with r190 yet? (see post above yours)
lyarenei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lyarenei »

Have you tried with r190 yet? (see post above yours)
Oh, I totally overlooked that, thanks. But unfortunately, the issue still presists.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Vehicles can not refit from orders if they have cargo in them.
lyarenei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lyarenei »

LaDoncella wrote:Vehicles can not refit from orders if they have cargo in them.
Yeah, I know that, but the vehicles are running empty. However I should have mentioned it, sorry.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

lyarenei wrote:
Yeah, I know that, but the vehicles are running empty. However I should have mentioned it, sorry.
Then there is either something wrong with r27893, or you are setting the orders incorrectly. I can not reproduce this issue in 1.7.1
lyarenei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lyarenei »

LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:
Then there is either something wrong with r27893, or you are setting the orders incorrectly. I can not reproduce this issue in 1.7.1
Just to be sure, are you trying it on horse vehicles? The other vehicles are refitting as expected.

I attached a screenshot from quick test, where you can see the vehicle didn't refit while in the station (should have been refitted to coal). These exact orders do work on non horse vehicles as I expect (refit at station when emptied present cargo), so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

Please note I didn't include the unload command just because the vehicles will never get any cargo in this case. In real game I have included them, of course.
Attachments
refit_orders.png
freshly compiled trunk with egrvts2 r190
(393.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:
Just to be sure, are you trying it on horse vehicles? The other vehicles are refitting as expected.

I attached a screenshot from quick test, where you can see the vehicle didn't refit while in the station (should have been refitted to coal). These exact orders do work on non horse vehicles as I expect (refit at station when emptied present cargo), so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

Please note I didn't include the unload command just because the vehicles will never get any cargo in this case. In real game I have included them, of course.
Found it. Its a rather interesting bug.
It will happen to any articulated vehicle in which the first part of the vehicle doesn't carry cargo (horse carriges and trailers), and you try to refit it to the default cargo of the vehicle (coal for a hopper, wood for flatbed...).

New version:
Attachments
eGRVTS2.grf
r202
- added cargo capacity to the first part of cargo vehicles without cargo (horses, trailers).
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 619 times
lyarenei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lyarenei »

LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote: Then there is either something wrong with r27893, or you are setting the orders incorrectly. I can not reproduce this issue in 1.7.1

Found it. Its a rather interesting bug.
It will happen to any articulated vehicle in which the first part of the vehicle doesn't carry cargo (horse carriges and trailers), and you try to refit it to the default cargo of the vehicle (coal for a hopper, wood for flatbed...).

Wow, thank you very much for the fix! Now I can truly unleash my 1700's game. :)
Dark-Noir
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Univ] GRVTS Release Thread

Post by Dark-Noir »

Zephyris wrote:GRVTS 1 32bpp

This version has graphics for all zoom levels in full 32bpp

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b46d8vtuz0mz6x3/grvts32.grf

Development thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=47121
Unfortunately the DL link is dead since long time, has anyone this file and can re-upload it?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dark-Noir wrote:

Unfortunately the DL link is dead since long time, has anyone this file and can re-upload it?
Zephyris or LaDoncella has it. They'll put up a new link once they see this post.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Dark-Noir wrote:

I have a copy in my Dropbox GRF Backup folder : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3kmrtnpnsb78 ... F.tar?dl=0
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Cantanope
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cantanope »

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your work! :D
Sweet mother, I cannot weave –
slender Aphrodite has overcome me
with longing for a girl.
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skyrish19 »

Very nice road vehicle set, i like it, but my only complaint is the vehicle names, they're all made up TTD names (Floss, Manley-Morel, Hereford or whatever), so can you do a version or a add-on with real-life vehicle names just like TTO. I'm usually stick with newGRFs featuring real-life vehicles.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

skyrish19 wrote:Very nice road vehicle set, i like it, but my only complaint is the vehicle names, they're all made up TTD names (Floss, Manley-Morel, Hereford or whatever), so can you do a version or a add-on with real-life vehicle names just like TTO. I'm usually stick with newGRFs featuring real-life vehicles.
Thats why its called "Generic Road Vehicles", as they're not based on any real life vehicles and are just a bunch of random made up designs and names (though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some inspiration for some if not all of the sprites)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Is there a reason why Bananas still offers r188 instead of the most current bugfix release r202, which has been available for over a year now? If not, please do upload it to the repository; most people don't check the forum for new versions.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Would I be able to get the source for eGRVTS2 r202? I'd like to make a version for use with Road Hog, since Road Hog has faster vehicles but no horse-drawn carriages and generic-looking trams.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Return to “Graphics Releases”